Comic for October 26, 2017: Link Reestablished

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for October 26, 2017: Link Reestablished

#31 Post by Rafe »

Warrl wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:30 am For local knowledge they have Reni - who probably already knows where that magic pool is - and maps.
Reni is not from Edinmire. Reni is from the capitol. It hasn't been said how long she's been in Edinmire, but maybe she's picked up some local knowledge. In any case, we can assume someone is around that got them going in the right direction, assuming whoever is flying towards Group B is from group A, or some allies coming to help.

Thinking about locals they've encountered, I suddenly remembered Apothecary Guy. Wonder whatever happened to him. I guess some characters just get lost.

{Debates starting a "Where in the World is Carver" thread, complete with artwork illustrating humorous and painful places he could be.}
...Okay, now my mind is wandering too far. Sorry.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#32 Post by Warrl »

Where in the World is Carver"
Gunnerkrigg Court. :mrgrin:

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by Cyon »

Warrl wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:07 am
Oh I loved that comic! Need to catch up though, haven't looked at any updates in months.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#34 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

And now I have this image of Carver trying to bully Jones, or having a run in with Reynardine... Poor little fox...

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#35 Post by ZeroJinKui »

Warrl wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 pm We've seen that. He's a typical approving-but-wary big brother with a touch of homosexual interest (that may be, and I'm sure he'd say it is, leakage through the link from Natani).

Let's see if I can find it... yep.
oh yeah... i completely forgot about that page.

i highly doubt zen would stand a chance against keith, anyway.

difficult for me to remember every little thing... i might have to just re-read the whole comic from the start again someday.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#36 Post by AmigaDragon »

Cpt.Obvious wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:32 pm
And now I have this image of Carver trying to bully Jones, or having a run in with Reynardine... Poor little fox...
I took a quick glance at a few pages and didn't see the relevance.
ZeroJinKui wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:20 pm
Warrl wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 pm We've seen that. He's a typical approving-but-wary big brother with a touch of homosexual interest (that may be, and I'm sure he'd say it is, leakage through the link from Natani).

Let's see if I can find it... yep.
i highly doubt zen would stand a chance against keith, anyway.
I imagine Zen and Natani trained together, so her fighting skill may have been near his (but probably still a little less, being the mage of the pair). Having trained with Keith, Natani might be able to beat Zen now. Though in time Zen might glean some basitin technique from her mind to even them back up again.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#37 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 am
There really aren't any, so don't worry to much about it. Gunnerkrigg Court is just about the worst place for someone like Carver to turn up. On the surface it may look like he would fit right in with his magic abilities. Problem is that even if he was able to source magic crystals there he would be badly outclassed just about everywhere, and trying to bully people there would be a very bad move.

Some spoilers about Gunnerkrigg Court:
Spoiler!
Jones was there when the planet first formed. She waded through the molten lava of a young planet, watched as the rains cooled the surface until it no longer evaporated and started to collect in boiling pools. When the first creature emerged from the sea Jones was there to see it happen. Even the gods are younger than her and she's beyond them.

Reynardine is an embodiment of the fox spirit. He could be a god, but doesn't really see the point of it.

The one god that does revel in playing the role is Coyote, the trickster. Coyote is the beginning and the end, he created the world, and yet the believers created him, and there is no conflict as Coyote created his believers for just that reason...
You shouldn't worry about that either. It's just a small prank the trickster thought up to keep things interesting...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Warrl »

Carver is the main character of Gunnerkrigg Court. (Antimony Carver, that is.)

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#39 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Warrl wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:29 am
Carver is the main character of Gunnerkrigg Court. (Antimony Carver, that is.)
Well, there's that. I guess that's good enough. Carver trying to bully Antimony would certainly be good enough to give Coyote a good laugh. But then Coyote laughs at just about everything.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#40 Post by AmigaDragon »

Cpt.Obvious wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 pm
There really aren't any, so don't worry to much about it. Gunnerkrigg Court is just about the worst place for someone like Carver to turn up. On the surface it may look like he would fit right in with his magic abilities. Problem is that even if he was able to source magic crystals there he would be badly outclassed just about everywhere, and trying to bully people there would be a very bad move.

Some spoilers about Gunnerkrigg Court:
Spoiler!
Jones was there when the planet first formed. She waded through the molten lava of a young planet, watched as the rains cooled the surface until it no longer evaporated and started to collect in boiling pools. When the first creature emerged from the sea Jones was there to see it happen. Even the gods are younger than her and she's beyond them.

Reynardine is an embodiment of the fox spirit. He could be a god, but doesn't really see the point of it.

The one god that does revel in playing the role is Coyote, the trickster. Coyote is the beginning and the end, he created the world, and yet the believers created him, and there is no conflict as Coyote created his believers for just that reason...
You shouldn't worry about that either. It's just a small prank the trickster thought up to keep things interesting...
And those few pages I looked at appeared to have only humans, making the relevance even less discernible.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Warrl
Grand Templar

#41 Post by Warrl »

It was a joke.

Carver is at Gunnerkrigg Court. In fact (this is a very-mild spoiler) there are two Carvers there. One of them is the main character.

However, not the same Carver as was (briefly, to date) in Twokinds.

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#42 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Warrl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 am It was a joke.

Carver is at Gunnerkrigg Court. In fact (this is a very-mild spoiler) there are two Carvers there. One of them is the main character.

However, not the same Carver as was (briefly, to date) in Twokinds.
Joke? You dare joke about things like this? This is serious business! :mrgreen: