How often do new pages come out?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AboutLastNight
Traveler
Location: The white people, vape, and Starbucks part of Texas. North.

How often do new pages come out?

#1 Post by AboutLastNight »

I found this comic somehow, and spent 3 days finishing 14 years of content. And here I am.

I feel like with the way this comic progresses it wont be done for another 16 years.

How often do the new pages come out? How long is the gap between new pages?

Life motto: "Close enough"
Favourite Sketch

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: How often do new pages come out?

#2 Post by Warrl »

Usually about once a week, not on a precisely-fixed schedule. Twice a week often enough that I check it on Sundays and Thursdays. Sometimes updates are as much as 9 days apart.

AboutLastNight
Traveler

#3 Post by AboutLastNight »

Warrl wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 pm Usually about once a week, not on a precisely-fixed schedule. Twice a week often enough that I check it on Sundays and Thursdays. Sometimes updates are as much as 9 days apart.
Cool. How much longer do you think this comic will go on 'till it finishes?

Favourite Sketch

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#4 Post by MuonNeutrino »

AboutLastNight wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm
Warrl wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:28 pm Usually about once a week, not on a precisely-fixed schedule. Twice a week often enough that I check it on Sundays and Thursdays. Sometimes updates are as much as 9 days apart.
It's hard to say with any confidence, but I personally don't see it 'ending' any time soon. It's been going for 14 years now, and the way Tom tells the story it doesn't really rush. I mean, the trip back from the basitin isles took from mid-2011 to early 2015 - plenty of stuff happened during that trip, but still. Tom just has a lot to say.

AboutLastNight
Traveler

#5 Post by AboutLastNight »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:33 pm
AboutLastNight wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm
It's hard to say with any confidence, but I personally don't see it 'ending' any time soon. It's been going for 14 years now, and the way Tom tells the story it doesn't really rush. I mean, the trip back from the basitin isles took from mid-2011 to early 2015 - plenty of stuff happened during that trip, but still. Tom just has a lot to say.
I know he wouldn't just kill it off like that. He's managed to span this thing over 14 stinkin years.
I just don't know how many years I can devote to sloooooowly reading this thing. For heaven's sake I covered 14 years of comics in 2 days. And total hours couldn't have been more than 24

Favourite Sketch

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#6 Post by MuonNeutrino »

I personally don't really think about the comic in terms of total time. It's not a discrete thing to me, it's an ongoing process that I just dip in and out of as I please. Heck, half the fun is in discussing and speculating about it between strips. It's been going 14 years, I've been reading it for 5 1/2 of those, and I don't think I would have derived any more or less enjoyment from it if the pace were different. Sure, I'm looking forward to finding out what happens, but I'm *always* doing that, regardless of where in the hypothetical story we'd be at. Tom will get to where ever he's going eventually, but at least to me the journey is just as interesting as the destination so far.

AboutLastNight
Traveler

#7 Post by AboutLastNight »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm I personally don't really think about the comic in terms of total time. It's not a discrete thing to me, it's an ongoing process that I just dip in and out of as I please. Heck, half the fun is in discussing and speculating about it between strips. It's been going 14 years, I've been reading it for 5 1/2 of those, and I don't think I would have derived any more or less enjoyment from it if the pace were different. Sure, I'm looking forward to finding out what happens, but I'm *always* doing that, regardless of where in the hypothetical story we'd be at. Tom will get to where ever he's going eventually, but at least to me the journey is just as interesting as the destination so far.
Yeah, it's just I don't really know how long I personally can keep this up. I don't mind waiting, but we're getting page 1000 sometime this week (hopefully) and I don't even know if we're halfway through.

Edit, it came out 10 minutes (or so) after my post. Woohoo 1000!

Favourite Sketch

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Cyon »

AboutLastNight wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 pm
MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm I personally don't really think about the comic in terms of total time. It's not a discrete thing to me, it's an ongoing process that I just dip in and out of as I please. Heck, half the fun is in discussing and speculating about it between strips. It's been going 14 years, I've been reading it for 5 1/2 of those, and I don't think I would have derived any more or less enjoyment from it if the pace were different. Sure, I'm looking forward to finding out what happens, but I'm *always* doing that, regardless of where in the hypothetical story we'd be at. Tom will get to where ever he's going eventually, but at least to me the journey is just as interesting as the destination so far.
Yeah, it's just I don't really know how long I personally can keep this up. I don't mind waiting, but we're getting page 1000 sometime this week (hopefully) and I don't even know if we're halfway through.

Does it matter how long it takes? I'm here to enjoy the story, not to blabber on about whether it's going too fast or not. Tom is not obligated to stop whenever one person decides they've had enough, so I'd say wait it out. And enjoy the ride, hopefully with less complaints.

Even if I never see the end, the journey to get there is what matters and not the final page.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

AboutLastNight
Traveler

#9 Post by AboutLastNight »

Cyon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 pm
AboutLastNight wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Does it matter how long it takes? I'm here to enjoy the story, not to blabber on about whether it's going too fast or not. Tom is not obligated to stop whenever one person decides they've had enough, so I'd say wait it out. And enjoy the ride, hopefully with less complaints.

Even if I never see the end, the journey to get there is what matters and not the final page.
I'm definitely not saying I dislike the story. Just not used to it taking this long. Guess I don't have much experience lol. Thx

Favourite Sketch