Comic for October 21st, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

Re: Comic for October 21st, 2017

#16 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm
Rafe wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:45 am I assume "No, not again!" means Natani is going to end up in a coma again, or at least Keith thinks so.

Obviously Zen's injuries are so bad that they've not only brought Zen to unconsciousness, but are doing a job on Natani.
Keith thinks so, I don't. This time Natani will remain conscious.
Having been through similar situations before when Zen was grievously wounded I think Natani will be able to block out the acute pain, or at least enough of it to remain conscious.

Intense pain can cause you to pass out, or it can keep you alert when you wish you could just pass out...

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#17 Post by stlsf4003 »

Rafe wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:45 am {also, nice Mikado stlsf4003. From Ft. Smith by any chance?}
Thanks, Work around that locomotive on the weekend!

And yes. The 4003, like me hale's from the AR River Valley. :)
the lurking furry railroader

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#18 Post by SpottedKitty »

Might only be a little thing, but I really like the way Natani's digging into that chicken leg. Excellent posing.

<nom, nom> <urp>
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#19 Post by Schrodinger »

Cpt.Obvious wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:51 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm
Rafe wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:45 am I assume "No, not again!" means Natani is going to end up in a coma again, or at least Keith thinks so.

Obviously Zen's injuries are so bad that they've not only brought Zen to unconsciousness, but are doing a job on Natani.
Keith thinks so, I don't. This time Natani will remain conscious.
Having been through similar situations before when Zen was grievously wounded I think Natani will be able to block out the acute pain, or at least enough of it to remain conscious.

Intense pain can cause you to pass out, or it can keep you alert when you wish you could just pass out...
This time Natani was blindsided by the link suddenly being reestablished.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#20 Post by BadFoMo »

Natani wrote:<In fact, he took every opportunity to make it clear that he thought of me as the lesser of the two of us. For… various reasons.>
So, do the others still not know about her secret (or are too polite to ask) and she is still hiding it, or am I misreading something?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by Cyon »

BadFoMo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:32 am
Natani wrote:<In fact, he took every opportunity to make it clear that he thought of me as the lesser of the two of us. For… various reasons.>
So, do the others still not know about her secret (or are too polite to ask) and she is still hiding it, or am I misreading something?
I'm unsure about exactly what "secret" you mean, but if it's the fact that Clovis was the one who established their mental link, I don't think it's been brought out before when they were telling their story
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by aitaituo »

That Natani has lady parts. I think only Reni and Roselyn don't know in the house, IIRC, and only Kat and Keith know the whole story on why she presents as male.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by Cyon »

aitaituo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm That Natani has lady parts. I think only Reni and Roselyn don't know in the house, IIRC, and only Kat and Keith know the whole story on why she presents as male.
That was revealed to the whole of group A on page 942, so quite a while back.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Phaing
Master

#24 Post by Phaing »

SpottedKitty wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 am Might only be a little thing, but I really like the way Natani's digging into that chicken leg. Excellent posing.
You know, when I first saw that, I thought that Natani was developing a nervous habbit; chewing on her own hair.
Hey, its the same color.

Sorry :flora: , but yeah, I was also imagining hairballs.
My mind goes to strange places when I am spending the day sick in bed.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#25 Post by AmigaDragon »

Cyon wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:41 pm
aitaituo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pmThat Natani has lady parts. I think only Reni and Roselyn don't know in the house, IIRC, and only Kat and Keith know the whole story on why she presents as male.
That was revealed to the whole of group A on page 942, so quite a while back.
While she was covered by Keith's cloak as they entered the mansion, I'm not sure Natani was exactly hiding it that evening. Roselyn may have noticed, as well as possibly remembering the face of who took her place in TDM (even if it was just a moment before the illusory disguise). Reni may have caught female notes flavoring her "for... various reasons" comment, as well as the fact that she was trying to hide it in her narrative. It's easier to hide intent behind words from others' ears than it is to hide intent from a mind reader.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by BadJoke »

That way Keith looks at her... it's subtle but so strong at the same time. You can read so many feelings into it: sadness, understanding, support, resolution... It's those little moments, those little peaks at the heart of strong characters that make me love this comic.
(And damn, I'm almost feeling sorry for Clovis. He's gonna try. And it's gonna hurt. 8) )
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#27 Post by SirJahar »

BadFoMo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:32 am
I think its more along the lines of not wanting to have to go into what will surely be a much longer conversation than Nat feels like having in a mixed-languge group.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by TheMouse »

My predictions for the next page.
Team A comes swooping in on the dragon
:natani: ZEN!
:maren: Trace?
:flora: Sythe?
:sythe: Flora?

Etc.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#29 Post by MuonNeutrino »

TheMouse wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:57 pm My predictions for the next page.
Team A comes swooping in on the dragon
:natani: ZEN!
:maren: Trace?
:flora: Sythe?
:sythe: Flora?

Etc.
I imagine that's in the cards soon, yeah. I wouldn't think it'd be the *very* next page, though - I'd hope we'd have one more page in the mansion before that. For one, jumping straight from here to 'arriving on a dragon' skips a lot of explanation and other setup, but more to the point it also seems to me that it'd be a bit of a jarring *emotional* skip. The current page ends on sort of an 'emotional cliffhanger' - us readers may be fairly confident that Natani isn't about to collapse again, but for the *characters* it's a tense moment. It would seem jarring to me if the comic went from the end of this page, with Natani crying out in pain and Keith's anguished denial, and then jumped straight to 'arriving on a dragon' without resolving the emotional moment the characters are currently experiencing.

Panther
Merchant

#30 Post by Panther »

Zen is actually in "error 404 , keidran not found" phase ............... OK , i'm out :oops:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: