Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Comic for October 17th, 2017

#1 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Alt-text: Not All Unscathed

Sketch version

Frigging ouch, that's really ugly looking. Probably a good thing he's out! Now I wonder what all came through to the other end of the link during all of this, given that the shackle seems to be kaput - we know that Nat and Zen can still feel each other and the link even when one of them is unconscious, so presumably Nat ought to have felt *something*.

And I wonder what the 'bigger problem' is? Templar from the town? Some of Clovis' men? (Edit: or, given the rather suspicious-looking flying silhouette at the right edge of panel 8, perhaps it's Reni transporting some of Group A, and next we'll see the reactions at the mansion and Nat telling everyone what just happened as a slight flashback to that?))

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for October 17th, 2017

#2 Post by Ketzal »

lol, looks like this is group Raine now. Girl really took charge in this page, which I find interesting given how timid she's been for the most part. Im guessing the switch back to human was supposed to be a symbolic shift of attitude too.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#3 Post by FrogSteaks »

Hoo lordy, that ankle looks roasted. Hopefully those bandages hold up or else it might have to get cut.
Also, I wonder what Karen could be spotting...

And yeah, it's pretty cool seeing Raine step up and take action in a tense situation.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

yaytime
Apprentice

#4 Post by yaytime »

my bet is that it is Reni and she has come to help and get info, if that is true i bet page 1000 is the meting of team A and B.
would make a good chapter end too i bet.
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#5 Post by MuonNeutrino »

FrogSteaks wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 pm Also, I wonder what Karen could be spotting...
yaytime wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:36 pm my bet is that it is Reni and she has come to help and get info, if that is true i bet page 1000 is the meting of team A and B.
would make a good chapter end too i bet.
Thinking about it some more, yeah I'm really feeling it's Reni, for several reasons.

First, looking closer at the right edge of panel 8, that flying outline really looks like it has a head and tail that stick out quite a bit, in contrast to the more bird-like outlines near the left edge. That's certainly the right shape to be a dragon.

Second, panel 8 is a beat panel; from context it's apparent that at least several minutes pass between the panel before it and the last three. That gives time for group A to get explanations from Natani and set out.

Third, to me Karen looks like she's looking *up*. What object in the sky could she be plausibly looking at that would explain her reaction? A dragon seems like it could fit the bill.

And finally, and a bit more meta, this is page 998, it came out quite quickly after the last one, and sunday the 22rd is the anniversary of the first comic. I could totally see Tom trying to have comic 1000 come out on the anniversary, and what better significant event to happen in the 1000th comic than to have the two groups reunited? But if it's going to happen that soon, *something* needs to speedily move one or the other group around, and again a dragon seems like it'd fit the bill.

SomeBody
Citizen

#6 Post by SomeBody »

Mmmm BBQ. Maybe Tom is trying to satiate the forum bloodlust? The cute one lives, the assassin dies.

But, let's be fair here. He was, not so long ago (his time, anyway) run through with a great bloody sword and is now just fine.

Combak
Citizen

#7 Post by Combak »

Incoming Ren-bulnce!
As a side note, either Reni travels incredibly quickly, the world of Mekkan is much smaller than has been implied, or Tom is terrible with judging size and distance.
Probably all three.

morpheuskibbe

#8 Post by morpheuskibbe »

As a side note, either Reni travels incredibly quickly, the world of Mekkan is much smaller than has been implied, or Tom is terrible with judging size and distance.
Probably all three.
They have been travelling directly towards the town where Reni is since they left their own village. Its unclear how long they've been travelling but its probably abbreviated somewhat.

SomeBody
Citizen

#9 Post by SomeBody »

Weren't they supposed to be on the boat for ages? Heck of a detour on group A's part.
(Also: How fast do dragons fly? At the speed of plot!)

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#10 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Ah, suspense! I guess we'll find out who's coming soon enough, won't we? :mrgreen:

Hopefully, Zen's wound isn't too serious. :zen:
Videre videnda.

Tendo
Master

#11 Post by Tendo »

"Who saved all of our lives taking down the barrier"
I know this is going to sound ultra-cynical, but to be fair... he was saving his own life too, it's not like he was going to survive it either if he didn't take down the barrier.

Rafe
Council Member

#12 Post by Rafe »

Tendo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:32 am
"Who saved all of our lives taking down the barrier"
I know this is going to sound ultra-cynical, but to be fair... he was saving his own life too...
The problem is, he may have saved the other's lives, at the cost of losing his own.

Combak
Citizen

#13 Post by Combak »

morpheuskibbe wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 am
Probably all three.
They have been travelling directly towards the town where Reni is since they left their own village. Its unclear how long they've been travelling but its probably abbreviated somewhat.
The bigger issue is the distance. Both Barrow Rock, where Team B is, and Edinmire seem to have a good distance separating them on the map Tom made. (Link: https://twokinds.deviantart.com/art/Two ... -296521380)
Then again, so does Edinmire and the docks. I guess that answers the question then.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#14 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Oh. Look at that. Raine’s become a top surgeon on ER. Gotta commend her ability to keep her cool in a crisis. On a side note, for me, this page only serves to increase my admiration for the level-headed, book-smart wolf/human known as Raine Silverlock. You go, girl.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Hayate
The Hidden User

#15 Post by Hayate »

Omg that turned out worse than I thought it was gonna be. Poor Zen... I hope he doesn't lose the foot or worse... I'm glad Red didn't put up much fight when Raine asked him to help, he's getting better.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--