Moderator: Moderators

stlsf4003
Apprentice

Re: Comic for October 17th, 2017

#46 Post by stlsf4003 »

ALRIGHT, PLACE Y'ALL'S BETS!

Is Zen down for the count?

or

Will Tom pull out some kind of deus ex machina that has Zen back on his feet within the next few pages?

PLACE YOUR BETS HERE!
the lurking furry railroader

Panther
Merchant

#47 Post by Panther »

stlsf4003 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 am ALRIGHT, PLACE Y'ALL'S BETS!

Is Zen down for the count?

or

Will Tom pull out some kind of deus ex machina that has Zen back on his feet within the next few pages?

PLACE YOUR BETS HERE!
I'm practically sure Zen will be fine , but not on his legs for a long time . Impossible to be healed from such burn in some strips
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#48 Post by AmigaDragon »

Well, it was cleaned and treated right away, and maybe the magic water will help the herbs a little. Barring treatment by a powerful healer, he will have a permanent scar and maybe a permanent limp depending on how much tendon damage there is. Short term he'll definitely need crutches and then maybe a cane (or single crutch) for the next year or two. Until he regains consciousness, they'll have to carry him on a litter or travios
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Phaing
Master

#49 Post by Phaing »

stlsf4003 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 am ...
I'm actually a little more concerned about what it might be that is mentioned in the last panel.

Has Captain Catastrophe found them?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#50 Post by Cyon »

Phaing wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:24 pm
stlsf4003 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 am ...
I'm actually a little more concerned about what it might be that is mentioned in the last panel.

Has Captain Catastrophe found them?
That or an entire wolven invasion force. Epic double-page background for the 1000th post? I'm definitely hyped for the possibility.
meinf wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 pm Panel 8:
It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's...Reni (Plot twist: Lady Nora)
Damn would that be nice to see at such a milestone.
BadJoke wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:02 pm Damn, it been a long time since Tom had shown anything bloody in his comic. Makes it feel even harder. Especially if you start thinking about the posibility of infection, gangrene, amputation... Ouch.
Schrodinger wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:42 am So Zen has gone into shock and from the looks of it has third degree burns on his ankle. This may seem callous to say but...

GOOD! This is narrative tension, the heroes can't just walk into and walk out of every encounter completely unaffected. Actions having lasting consequences is the cornerstone of character development and that is what makes a story interesting. Zen has shrugged off being run through with a sword but he had immediate medical attention from magical healers, not so fortunate this time.
Yes. YES. This is a story. It's supposed to have a plot, not an endless following of panels showing characters going on a little spring travel along a happy country. And Squirrel Jesus... jeez... can I at least hope it will make some sense one day?

And about Reni coming just right now to save the day... that would be ridiculous.
1) For the distances. A bit of consistency please.
2) For the tension. It's already hard to have some in this comic those days, I don't want it gone so fast.
3) For the pace of the comic. Makes a lot of action in very little time, and it kinda feels weird.
4) For credibility. Because bending the scenario of the comic to fit on a date/number of pages (even if important and good to reach) sounds like the kind of idea who seems good at first but ends up poorly executed and felling overdo. Just make a nice filler comic. Or a big anniversary image... anything but keep the story rolling on her own pace. Please.
I don't think that Reni has a way of knowing what has happened here, unless Raine uses telepathy somehow.

The pace of the comic for the last year had been rather slow. Recently with the advent of Clovis, things have gotten exciting again as new mysteries has arisen. I'm far from complaining, it's great to finally be unsure as to what the future of the story holds, and that definitely has brought the forums back to life as people actually have relevant plot related information to discuss.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Panther
Merchant

#51 Post by Panther »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 pmand maybe the magic water will help the herbs a little.
Sorry , but no magic water : Karen goes to get it to the spring (fourth panel) :oops:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#52 Post by Warrl »

Panther wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:46 pmand maybe the magic water will help the herbs a little.
Sorry , but no magic water : Karen goes to get it to the spring (fourth panel) :oops:
But the spring feeds the floating-rock pool.

What's more concerning to me: panel 8 has THREE dragons. One near the far right; one pretty far to the left, a bit to the right of the leftmost green peak; and one a bit further to the right of that and lower, partially obscured by a sunlit cloud. We don't get as good an angle to see that the latter two are dragons, but we haven't seen anything else that flies and is big enough to be visible at that distance.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#53 Post by Ddraig »

Warrl wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 pm

What's more concerning to me: panel 8 has THREE dragons. One near the far right; one pretty far to the left, a bit to the right of the leftmost green peak; and one a bit further to the right of that and lower, partially obscured by a sunlit cloud. We don't get as good an angle to see that the latter two are dragons, but we haven't seen anything else that flies and is big enough to be visible at that distance.
Those look like birds on the left. They don't have the same outline-style as the dragon on the right, and it looks like they're lacking a tail to me.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#54 Post by AmigaDragon »

I see at least 3 possible birds on the left, possibly quite a bit more than that size-obscured by distance.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Panther
Merchant

#55 Post by Panther »

Warrl wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 pm
Maybe the magic is in the rocks ? :|

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#56 Post by ZeroJinKui »

Ddraig wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 amYou, uh... may have missed an update
...yeah, i... i definitely missed that.

yay! |D

though... now i am curious how she survived, especially since raine seemed SO sure she was dead...
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax