Comic for October 15, 2017: Post Victory

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for October 15, 2017: Post Victory

#31 Post by AmigaDragon »

Unless Raine knows a little healing magic (which we have no evidence of yet, just simple (herbal) remedies), they'll have to settle for whatever herbs they can find to treat his leg. They may have to fashion some crutches for him to use until a healer can be found or it heals naturally.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by aitaituo »

Aeolus wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:28 pm It's kinda hard to kill something that wasn't alive in the first place, right?
Ghost squirrel?

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#33 Post by AmigaDragon »

aitaituo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 am
Aeolus wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:28 pm It's kinda hard to kill something that wasn't alive in the first place, right?
Ghost squirrel?
Zombie squirrel?
Vampire squirrel?
She eats hair instead of brains or blood. :squirrel:
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#34 Post by tony1695 »

In regards to Zen and his leg...
Sudden and severe enough pain can in fact lead to death, something called "reflexogenic cardiac arrest". Given that the pain was building as the heat of the shackle increased, I highly doubt something like this could happen. Still, might be enough to send him into shock, maybe even a coma.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#35 Post by Neutral Smith »

Or Tom got lazy and the blast of magic healed all the wounds.

And Red is slightly annoyed because his favorite scar is also gone :mrgreen:
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

HiseyLeSnake
Traveler

#36 Post by HiseyLeSnake »

So does this confirm the theory that nibs isn't just a ordinary squirrel? Raine clearly thought her neck was broken, yet nibs got back up like nothing happened. even if Raine was incorrect in her examination (of the broken neck), a regular squirrel would still have trouble looking so cute after a hit like that :D. also nibs has clearly shown signs of hyper intelligence, acting in the parties interests, that alone is enough to confirm the idea that she isn't just a regular squirrel, now the real question is.... what is she?

Lightice
Citizen

#37 Post by Lightice »

Panther wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:21 am Squirrels are "built" by long evolution to live in trees and sometimes falls from : not a shock like it who can kill them :squirrel:
Unfortunately being violently thrown has a lot more impact than just falling the equivalent distance, unless the fall is extremely high. And the gnarly tree trunk isn't like smooth ground in terms of receiving an impact. And Nibbly hit it back first, while a squirrel would be far better off absorbing the impact of falling with her feet. With those things in mind, I doubt that ordinary squirrel abilities are quite enough to explain what happened.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#38 Post by RowanEx »

Crack theory: Nibbly is one of those Templars that fought against Trace and merely got turned to a squirrel with intelligence and some extraordinary endurance and healing.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#39 Post by Foxx Trotter »

A miracle squirrel. :squirrel:
Videre videnda.

Panther
Merchant

#40 Post by Panther »

Lightice wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:34 am
Panther wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:21 am Squirrels are "built" by long evolution to live in trees and sometimes falls from : not a shock like it who can kill them :squirrel:
Unfortunately being violently thrown has a lot more impact than just falling the equivalent distance, unless the fall is extremely high. And the gnarly tree trunk isn't like smooth ground in terms of receiving an impact. And Nibbly hit it back first, while a squirrel would be far better off absorbing the impact of falling with her feet. With those things in mind, I doubt that ordinary squirrel abilities are quite enough to explain what happened.
You would be surprised to learn about animals surviving to more than this :Lynn:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Ran-san

#41 Post by Ran-san »

So, yeah. I went back and looked at http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/995/, and :squirrel: was hurled, fastball style, at that tree. When she hit, there was a "crack". Not a "thwack" which would just denote impact, but a "crack", as in something's broken. And it wasn't the tree. Judging by where :squirrel: hit the tree, it would either be her neck, as Raine suggested, or her upper back/spine. Either way would be fatal for a small, woodland creature. :squirrel: SHOULD be dead, and does in fact seem to be until she abruptly sits up.
This leads me to only one possible conclusion. :squirrel: is in fact....

Captain Jack Harkness, after falling in the Spring of Drowned Girl, followed by the Spring of Drowned Squirrel. :P

Well, either that or a weresquirrel. I mean, what else do we know of that can hyper-regenerate from a fatal injury without the use of magic?

Panther
Merchant

#42 Post by Panther »

Ran-san wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 pm So, yeah. I went back and looked at http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/995/, and :squirrel: was hurled, fastball style, at that tree. When she hit, there was a "crack". Not a "thwack" which would just denote impact, but a "crack", as in something's broken. And it wasn't the tree.
Panther wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:43 pm
Cyon wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:05 pmI think that "crack" noise on page 995 was probably the bark, so nothing went too badly for Nibbly.
Yes , it was :squirrel:
Third panel : http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/995/
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#43 Post by SpottedKitty »

Ran-san wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 pm This leads me to only one possible conclusion. :squirrel: is in fact....

Captain Jack Harkness, after falling in the Spring of Drowned Girl, followed by the Spring of Drowned Squirrel. :P
<snrk> That's just weird enough to be plausible. And probably not the weirdest thing that ever happens to him. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Phaing
Master

#44 Post by Phaing »

You know ... whatever the case, I'm just glad that Raine finally looks serious, and got her act together.
Who was it that said; "You will never know how strong you can be, until you have no other choice" ?
:raine: rocks, at last! ... and maybe just in time. :nora:

( I wish I had been here in time to post that for last weeks comic. )

And as for :squirrel: ... gotta be a Dragon, right? :?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Candycat
Citizen

#45 Post by Candycat »

Tendo wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm Raine's last line is pretty ominous, it pretty much all but confirms that Mrs. Nibbly isn't just some normal squirrel, you don't really have a "I could have sworn he was dead" type moment/line without it foreshadowing something other than just being mistaken.
I agree with your statement on Raine's comment. That squirrel is looking pretty suspicious at this point.
ImageImage
ImageImage