Comic for October 15, 2017: Post Victory

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NuclearBird
Master

Comic for October 15, 2017: Post Victory

#1 Post by NuclearBird »

Page Sketch

Well looks like Nibbly is OK. Honestly, did anyone REALLY expect one of the main comic relief characters to just up and die?
That does raise a good question: How did Nibbly survive? Was it simple squirrely toughness, or was it something else...
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

Re: Comic for October 15, 2017: Post Victory

#2 Post by Cosmacelf »

It was something else...

And, thanks Tom, for the rapid fire comic posts. Much appreciated.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Cyon »

Yay! We overanalysed and overcomplicated matters and were proved wrong like most times!

I think that "crack" noise on page 995 was probably the bark, so nothing went too badly for Nibbly.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Combak
Citizen

#4 Post by Combak »

Well, this is a pleasant surprise! I did not expect a page today.
NuclearBird wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:47 pm Well looks like Nibbly is OK. Honestly, did anyone REALLY expect one of the main comic relief characters to just up and die?
That does raise a good question: How did Nibbly survive? Was it simple squirrely toughness, or was it something else...
Firstly, I wouldn't really call Nibbly comic relief. She's just really cute. Karen seems to have the comic relief angle covered. Secondly, the dragon hypothesis is looking more and more likely...
I bet she's Trace and Nora's kid. :P

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#5 Post by CrRAR »

Hooray for Nibs, the magical, mystical, indestructible squirrel!

:squirrel:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Cecil475

#6 Post by Cecil475 »

Combak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:24 pm Well, this is a pleasant surprise! I did not expect a page today.
NuclearBird wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:47 pm Well looks like Nibbly is OK. Honestly, did anyone REALLY expect one of the main comic relief characters to just up and die?
Firstly, I wouldn't really call Nibbly comic relief. She's just really cute. Karen seems to have the comic relief angle covered. Secondly, the dragon hypothesis is looking more and more likely...
I bet she's Trace and Nora's kid. :P
Wouldn't that be something? Trace and Nora having a kid? Even if that wasn't true, I'd still bet that there is more with Nibbly than meets the eye. It would not surprise me if she wasn't a transformed...something.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

Okay, the company mascot is fine. Now how about Zen's leg?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#8 Post by AmigaDragon »

Before anyone jumps on the broken neck bandwagon, Raine said "I think her neck was broken." She's not a doctor, so it was only a guess.

It's been said a few times, squirrels are tough. Whether it's more than that, we'll just have to wait a while longer to find out.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

SomeBody
Citizen

#9 Post by SomeBody »

If this really is "Yeah, nibbs is a young dragon or something" then awesome. I do love dragons in the comic.
If it's "Let's tease the fans" then ugh. Putting a lampshade on impossible events doesn't actually make them better.

NuclearBird
Master

#10 Post by NuclearBird »

Combak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:24 pm I bet she's Trace and Nora's kid. :P
Now that would make for some drama.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#11 Post by Elemental Templar »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:39 pm Before anyone jumps on the broken neck bandwagon, Raine said "I think her neck was broken." She's not a doctor, so it was only a guess.

It's been said a few times, squirrels are tough. Whether it's more than that, we'll just have to wait a while longer to find out.
To elaborate on the "squirrels are tough" thing: most species of squirrel can survive falls up to 30 feet or more. This is due to their tails functioning almost like parachutes and their skeletons are semi-collapsible like a lot of rodents.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Azurean

#12 Post by Azurean »

Hmm as soon as Raine said 'Hmm i could have sworn' etc.... this is just my guess... but i think it might be one of those behind the scene's 'masks' from way back, i don't remember if the original one had to give up, and another do it or if the same one is still plotting.... and active but it's been a LONG time since one of them was 'meddling' and i think i remember them saying they were going to do something.

So either one of those evil masks from the early story is up to something AS Nibbly... or i'm just reading WAY too much into it.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#13 Post by FrogSteaks »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:34 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:39 pm Before anyone jumps on the broken neck bandwagon, Raine said "I think her neck was broken." She's not a doctor, so it was only a guess.

To elaborate on the "squirrels are tough" thing: most species of squirrel can survive falls up to 30 feet or more. This is due to their tails functioning almost like parachutes and their skeletons are semi-collapsible like a lot of rodents.
Well "survive" and "remain uninjured" are two different things, plus she was thrown by the tail against a tree, which is probably less forgiving than if she fell to the ground. So yeah, I'm a bit surprised that she doesnt appear to be at least somewhat injured
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Panther
Merchant

#14 Post by Panther »

You don't know a lot about squirrels , Raine ; isn't it ? ^_^
Cyon wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:05 pmI think that "crack" noise on page 995 was probably the bark, so nothing went too badly for Nibbly.
Yes , it was :squirrel:

Now , you guys have to deal with Zen's burned ankle .......
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Rafe
Council Member

#15 Post by Rafe »

Schrodinger wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:34 pm Okay, the company mascot is fine. Now how about Zen's leg?
Somehow, I get the impression that to counterbalance Mrs.Nibbly's surprising recovery, Zen is going to be a lot worse off than we thought.

Severe burns like that can easily put someone into shock, even make them comatose. There's no accounting for magic in this universe, of course, but typically, a wound like that could cause Zen to get gangrene, lose his foot, or even die. At the very least he's in a lot of pain right now.