Comic for October 11, 2017: Raine v Carver

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Meribah
Citizen

Re: Comic for October 11, 2017: Raine v Carver

#31 Post by Meribah »

Hot diggities, Raine! You sure showed foxy boy who's boss, and looking good while doing it! Also, I'm thinking you might need some new clothes now, considering the old ones are getting a bit loose. :raine:

steelabjur
Council Member

#32 Post by steelabjur »

Ddraig wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 pm
tony1695 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 am
Dadrobit wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:08 am
tony1695 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 am So, all that she did was mess with his teleport... Is he gonna end up in the middle of human territory? Or... is telefragging a thing in the Twokinds universe? Is someone gonna find his body phased halfway through a wall or tree?
The funniest option is him being teleported directly in front of Clovis in a mutually embarrassing fashion. :mrgrin:

I doubt that will happen, but I do hope he ends up in an humerous position, like appearing 20 feet above a lake or something.
She says "a lot farther than ten meters". This could mean the other side of the continent, maybe the middle of the ocean... Wherever Carver ends up, I highly doubt it'll be humorous.
Alternatively, the moon. (note: I don't know if spherical-ness of the world was accounted for in the "much farther", and an atmosphere is only around 70 miles (~100km) thick)
I think the "a lot farther than ten meters" is a reference to the last time Raine teleported someone (the B-team away from the raiding party Sythe was part of, where they reappeared within sight of said party and had to run for it). I agree with the general sentiment that Carver likely went far far away to the point Raine is confident that he isn't going to bother them ever again.

Shar
Citizen

#33 Post by Shar »

Her eyes are different......

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#34 Post by ZeroJinKui »

ugh... no disintegration? but he deserved a painful death for what he did to nibs. (;_;)

well, i hope he gets teleported into a volcano, or to the bottom of the ocean, or into the sun, or something... :evil:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Hayate
The Hidden User

#35 Post by Hayate »

:raine: "I didn't disintegrate him!"

Sure... That's what I would say too... I have a feeling we won't see him again xD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by SpottedKitty »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm Anyway, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Raine's extra push may have drained all of her power? …Leaving Mrs. Nibbly and Zen potentially shafted?
Not sure how much of a problem that might be. Aren't they still at the magical hot springs? And Raine's in human form now, without the limits of keidran magical ability. I don't think she'll be drained for long.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Nutster
Traveler

#37 Post by Nutster »

She sent to Mount Olympus! Oh, wait. That's actually Olympus Mons instead.

Candycat
Citizen

#38 Post by Candycat »

I'm kinda more interested in finding out if Zen and Mrs. Nibbly are ok.

Also kinda wondering when Riftwall tavern will be relevant again.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#39 Post by Him »

Not to sound like a jerk, but I honestly want Zen to be hurt. I want there to be 'real' consequences. Like permanent scaring, actual damage that will need to be healed. Mrs. Nibbly isn't as interesting to me so I could take her story going either way.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by BadJoke »

Him wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 am Not to sound like a jerk, but I honestly want Zen to be hurt. I want there to be 'real' consequences. Like permanent scaring, actual damage that will need to be healed. Mrs. Nibbly isn't as interesting to me so I could take her story going either way.
I second that.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#41 Post by Schrodinger »

BadJoke wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:58 am
Him wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 am Not to sound like a jerk, but I honestly want Zen to be hurt. I want there to be 'real' consequences. Like permanent scaring, actual damage that will need to be healed. Mrs. Nibbly isn't as interesting to me so I could take her story going either way.
I second that.
Agreed. It would be good for the narrative if Group B took a hit after this, Mrs. Nibbly falling while heroically defending her man would make for a great character moment for Sythe and some self-sacrifice from Zen would raise a real dilemma since Raine has no more mana to spend on healing. The shackle is likely damaged enough for the enchantment to break and the link between the Magi brothers to be reestablished (potentially a humorous moment when Zen hears his sibling in stereo) so that Zen can learn how dangerous Edinmire is right now for wolves but a serious burn wound in need of treatment might force them to go there anyway or to divert to another location quickly.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Panther
Merchant

#42 Post by Panther »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 amSo, all that she did was mess with his teleport... Is he gonna end up in the middle of human territory? Or... is telefragging a thing in the Twokinds universe? Is someone gonna find his body phased halfway through a wall or tree?
When such thing happens , the "victim" is generally teleported in a lake or a marsh (in wild lands) and has no idea where she/he is . So , it's very possible we see Carver be back in some months or even years ...... :Lynn:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Shar
Citizen

#43 Post by Shar »

Anyone else hoping that carver was teleport into the vacuum of space? and that the next shooting star we see might just be a shooting carver?

Not that i am ageist alternatives... Center of the earth, surface of the moon, things like that all work. I would be sad if nibbly died knowing that carver was also defiantly dead would make it just a bit less painful however.

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#44 Post by whiskeyfur »

Uh.. I'm looking at a few other things that don't bode well for anyone wanting to mess with Raine.

1: She modified someone else's magic...
2: ON THE FLY...
3: With almost no training.

She's got a hell of a lot of power cooked up in there and a lot of innate talent. And I think as soon (IF ever) Carver gets out of whatever hole he dug himself and Raine shoved him into head first, there's going to be a lot more people interested in her.

I see some potential 'uses' with her and the towers.. so the Templars might become a very real threat now.

As for carver? I bet he's hoping he lands in a snowbank somewhere.. otherwise that is going to be one VERY rough landing.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#45 Post by Hulk10 »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 am ugh... no disintegration? but he deserved a painful death for what he did to nibs. (;_;)

well, i hope he gets teleported into a volcano, or to the bottom of the ocean, or into the sun, or something... :evil:
I concur. I hope he meets an unpleasant end

Edit:
I personally feel that there already were real enough consequences when Laura died. It kinda bugs me when people say they want 'real' consequences, especially when such 'real' consequences have been shown in the comic before. But I do understand why some people want it.

Its interesting though how Raine calls herself a human even though she is technically a hybrid between a human and a keidran.
Last edited by Him on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing a double post
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.