Moderator: Moderators

Twilight
Traveler

Re: Comic for October 11, 2017: Raine v Carver

#46 Post by Twilight »

To the moon with him!

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#47 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Well, looking through this topic, I count two questions worth answering:
  1. Where’s Carver now?
  2. How the heck did Raine shift back just like that?
Well, here’s my assumptions as to the answer to those questions.
  1. In the only place where he’d have any use for the heroes: the dungeons of the Legacy Estate, right next to the unconscious wolf.
  2. Neutral’s change to the rules, specifically the lift of the anti-hybridization laws, have affected Raine’s curse, and the previous manifestation since the river incident were just a combination of her body being accustomed to the wolf form being the physical default, and her loss of confidence caused by the changes happening involuntarily that time. This, therefore, is just a way of foreshadowing Raine managing to learn to control her form.
Anyone have other ideas regarding this?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Ainoko1965
Traveler

#48 Post by Ainoko1965 »

whiskeyfur wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 pm Uh.. I'm looking at a few other things that don't bode well for anyone wanting to mess with Raine.

1: She modified someone else's magic...
2: ON THE FLY...
3: With almost no training.

She's got a hell of a lot of power cooked up in there and a lot of innate talent. And I think as soon (IF ever) Carver gets out of whatever hole he dug himself and Raine shoved him into head first, there's going to be a lot more people interested in her.

I see some potential 'uses' with her and the towers.. so the Templars might become a very real threat now.

As for carver? I bet he's hoping he lands in a snowbank somewhere.. otherwise that is going to be one VERY rough landing.
Good points one and all...
Can Raine remain on the ball?

Will she fail and take a fall?
Time to find out before this tale gets too tall.

As for Carver may he find himself partially embedded in stone, with the stone fused with his more sensitive parts... :twisted:

Panther
Merchant

#49 Post by Panther »

Why peoples wants to see Carver dead ? Does this will "help" to resurrect Nibs if she's dead herself (that i don't believe) ? A life is invaluable ; so , why to sacrifice one in revenge of the loss of another ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#50 Post by Him »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 amI personally feel that there already were real enough consequences when Laura died. It kinda bugs me when people say they want 'real' consequences, especially when such 'real' consequences have been shown in the comic before. But I do understand why some people want it.
One character dying isn't that big of a deal. Sure, some others have died but we know that main characters really aren't at risk. Who is gonna worry when Trace starts fighting something? I know I'm not. The only thing I usually worry about is if my favorite ship gets enough screen time. Even generic bad guy number two doesn't die most of the time. I'm too complacent and I want to worry about characters.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#51 Post by AmigaDragon »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:42 am Well, looking through this topic, I count two questions worth answering:
  1. Where’s Carver now?
  2. How the heck did Raine shift back just like that?
1. I think he's at least half the continent away, much farther than a single teleport is normally capable of (do we have any clue from the comic or Tom how far that is for a single person?), and perhaps Raine's boost burned out his remaining crystals.
2. After the initial shock of Nibbly's impact, Raine attained the clarity of mind that allowed her to change back (remember, getting emotional (presumably) reduces control over her form).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#52 Post by Hulk10 »

Him wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:34 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 amI personally feel that there already were real enough consequences when Laura died. It kinda bugs me when people say they want 'real' consequences, especially when such 'real' consequences have been shown in the comic before. But I do understand why some people want it.
One character dying isn't that big of a deal. Sure, some others have died but we know that main characters really aren't at risk. Who is gonna worry when Trace starts fighting something? I know I'm not. The only thing I usually worry about is if my favorite ship gets enough screen time. Even generic bad guy number two doesn't die most of the time. I'm too complacent and I want to worry about characters.
I can live with non main characters dying. Though I am relieved with the Post-Victory page. I will not share any more info than that so I will not spoil it for anyone.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.