Comic for October 11, 2017: Raine v Carver

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

Re: Comic for October 11, 2017: Raine v Carver

#16 Post by Cosmacelf »

Couldn’t Carver just teleport back to where he wanted to go? Or I guess it takes more magic to teleport farther distances, so he wouldn’t have enough magic to get back...

backonninja
Citizen

#17 Post by backonninja »

Cosmacelf wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:33 pm Couldn’t Carver just teleport back to where he wanted to go? Or I guess it takes more magic to teleport farther distances, so he wouldn’t have enough magic to get back...
Need more power!

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#18 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Yeppers...I don't think Carver's landing will end well. :mrgrin:
Videre videnda.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#19 Post by CrRAR »

Raine, you fine thing....I think you're onto something!

Easier said than done, as it always is, no doubt. ;_;
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

NuclearBird
Master

#20 Post by NuclearBird »

Wow. Art evolution really brings out human Raine's looks. Well that and her OVERWHELMING POWER.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by BadJoke »

That was a very short lived battle.

And damn, Raine looks pure badass here. And superb too. Frankly she looks better that way than in her keidran form.

For Carver... there's two possibilities I could see happening and who could be interesting:

1) He lands in a zone of mortal peril and get killed. Interesting cause that would be the second time Raine has killed someone (if we count Natani ending in a coma who almost got her killed) while trying to spare lives. Ironic, and funny.

2) He doesn't die... and ends up finding a way to get back to his master, tell him what he knows (he may put two and two together, after all Raine's name appeared to sound familiar to him) and at the end group B and A are all put in mortal danger because of her. Ironic, and calling into question the morality of trying to spare lives every time and at all price. Quite the blow..

Now... did Raine just told the evil [censored] who was about to deliver them to an evil master of magic (master who happens to have bounds with the Templars) her first and last name? Along with the names of her on the run mother (with even her last name) and undercover keidran father?

I mean... I don't know... Isn't this a tad extremely dangerous?
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#22 Post by Tetrahedron »

Now, :redhair: , hug :raine: and say something like: You are awesome! You defeated Carver! You turned back Human. On your own. And I... hmmm... It is strange... But... I think I start missing your ... Tail... It was so FLUFFY!

yaytime
Apprentice

#23 Post by yaytime »

I would assume that Clovis is still in Edinmire and that the tp point was meant to be some where near there, maybe Riftwall tavern, and thus he will ether end up in tiger lands, the ocean or if far enough dog/wolf lands (this probably means enslavement on sight form what we know of dog and wolf keidran dealing with fox keidran).

EDIT
Maybe he will even end up on a continent we have not even seen.
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by CrRAR »

BadJoke wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:53 pmI mean... I don't know... Isn't this a tad extremely dangerous?
Yeah, I feel like it's a common method of introduction in the old days. Done almost out of habit. You would state who you are and your immediate lineage just as a statement of who you are.

I can see the info as being a bit troublesome, given who it was given to, him not knowing or caring who she was before this, just that he cares so little for who she is as a person that she would make an excellent "gift-wrapped" present. That could be Raine's point though that she is more than deserving of that fate, but yeah comes off (fittingly) a liiittle naive.
Fight the power!

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#25 Post by Neutral Smith »

Changing the vector from 'horizontal teleportation' to 'vertical teleportation'.

Next page: Carver coming down again.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#26 Post by BadFoMo »

yaytime wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:02 pmI would assume that Clovis is still in Edinmire and that the tp point was meant to be some where near there, maybe Riftwall tavern, and thus he will ether end up in tiger lands, the ocean or if far enough dog/wolf lands (this probably means enslavement on sight form what we know of dog and wolf keidran dealing with fox keidran).

EDIT
Maybe he will even end up on a continent we have not even seen.
Well, it was said that he was going to end up in Clovis’ (I assume private) bathtub (if I remember correctly), then I later suggested King Adelaide’s private bathtub; but landing in a new continent does sound interesting (if we are going to follow him, that is). Maybe he could land in their equivalent of MineCraft's Mushroom Biome or an island with modern-day technology equivalent to our own which could change the setting from fantasy to post-apocalyptic.

CrRAR wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pm
BadJoke wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:53 pm Now... did Raine just told the evil [censored] who was about to deliver them to an evil master of magic (master who happens to have bounds with the Templars) her first and last name? Along with the names of her on the run mother (with even her last name) and undercover keidran father?

I mean... I don't know... Isn't this a tad extremely dangerous?
Yeah, I feel like it's a common method of introduction in the old days. Done almost out of habit. You would state who you are and your immediate lineage just as a statement of who you are.

I can see the info as being a bit troublesome, given who it was given to, him not knowing or caring who she was before this, just that he cares so little for who she is as a person that she would make an excellent "gift-wrapped" present. That could be Raine's point though that she is more than deserving of that fate, but yeah comes off (fittingly) a liiittle naive.
Yeah that does seem a little foolish. Although (in the beta version), her saying that did get Carver to recognize the name Euchre.

For a conspiracy theory, I believe that her father may have some connection to Clovis and Carver's group.

Also, she deserves to be handed over to Clovis? Or am I misreading that?

Anyway, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Raine's extra push may have drained all of her power? …Leaving Mrs. Nibbly and Zen potentially shafted?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

backonninja
Citizen

#27 Post by backonninja »

Neutral Smith wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:39 pm Changing the vector from 'horizontal teleportation' to 'vertical teleportation'.

Next page: Carver coming down again.
That'll be the page after the bext one. :roll:
BadFoMo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm Anyway, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Raine's extra push may have drained all of her power? …Leaving Mrs. Nibbly and Zen potentially shafted?
Most likely, and even if they still have some crystals, they probably will only have enough energy to help one of the two. Time to choose who to help. :squirrel: or :zen: and :natani:

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#28 Post by Hulk10 »

Unfortunately this comic doesn't tell us if Mrs. Nibbly is alive, which is what I care more about than Carver' location............
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by CrRAR »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm
CrRAR wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pmI can see the info as being a bit troublesome, given who it was given to, him not knowing or caring who she was before this, just that he cares so little for who she is as a person that she would make an excellent "gift-wrapped" present. That could be Raine's point though that she is more than deserving of that fate, but yeah comes off (fittingly) a liiittle naive.
Yeah that does seem a little foolish. Although (in the beta version), her saying that did get Carver to recognize the name Euchre.
Oh, this is interesting info. I guess Tom saved Carver the luxury of waxing too nostalgic too quickly.

Ole daydreamin' Carver, always gettin' wishy-washy about the old times. XD
BadFoMo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:04 pm Also, she deserves to be handed over to Clovis? Or am I misreading that?
It was meant that by introducing herself right properly to Carver, seeing as he was so quick to disregard her as a person (plus, you know, the whole Nibbly thing), she is hitting back hard in not accepting that that's how she should be treated. As BadJoke pointed out though by reacting so brashly her sheltered childhood came out in flying colors in that she may not have considered the political implications higher up the chain.

But hey, you gotta be the change you want to see in the world, right? :raine:

A bit of a, "Hi, I'm Raine, [censored] you very much" :wink: *pop*
Fight the power!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#30 Post by Ddraig »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 am
Dadrobit wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:08 am
tony1695 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 am So, all that she did was mess with his teleport... Is he gonna end up in the middle of human territory? Or... is telefragging a thing in the Twokinds universe? Is someone gonna find his body phased halfway through a wall or tree?
The funniest option is him being teleported directly in front of Clovis in a mutually embarrassing fashion. :mrgrin:

I doubt that will happen, but I do hope he ends up in an humerous position, like appearing 20 feet above a lake or something.
She says "a lot farther than ten meters". This could mean the other side of the continent, maybe the middle of the ocean... Wherever Carver ends up, I highly doubt it'll be humorous.
Alternatively, the moon. (note: I don't know if spherical-ness of the world was accounted for in the "much farther", and an atmosphere is only around 70 miles (~100km) thick)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."