Comic for October 4, 2017: Breaking Point

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SomeBody
Citizen

Re: Comic for October 4, 2017: Breaking Point

#61 Post by SomeBody »

Not to be cruel or anything, but I kinda hope that nibbles is dead.
You can't draw something that obviously violent (Bark shattering off the tree!) and have them walk away after. Prompt healing might do it, but unless we're gearing up for a "natural healer, not murderer" Raine moment, I don't think anybody in group B is a magic healer.
Unless Nibbles -is- a young dragon, then sure, hopefully she's fine.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#62 Post by Hulk10 »

I hope she isn't dead. Although given how Maeve's mom survived its possible Nibbley will too. But Raine's character doesn't scream potential murderer.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#63 Post by Warrl »

Not a whole lot of bark actually shattered on that impact. Nibs mostly hit a spot that had already shed its bark, and apparently this is a sort of tree where that's an ordinary thing - yes there are such trees IRL - based on the cracked bark lower on the trunk.

One way or another I don't think we've seen the last of Nibs.

My wild guess is that Raine with her natural talent for transformation magic and the power of the shattering shield and the nearby magic pool is about to transform the squirrel into something uninjured... and not necessarily an uninjured squirrel.

I still like the idea of a "transfer injuries" spell moving that damage over to Carver. But I don't think that's where Tom will go on this.

backonninja
Citizen

#64 Post by backonninja »

Has anyone else noticed that Zen is completely out of the fight?
First of all, he has molten iron (iron melts at around 2,800°F (1,538°C)) on his leg for a good 10 to 20 seconds. That's Very BAD!
Spoiler!
Secondly, with the shackle gone, so is the enchantment. His brain is going to collide with Natani's, causing major disorientation or even knock one (or both) of them unconscious. I wouldn't be supposed if be simply collapses. He's also group B's most experienced fighter.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#65 Post by tony1695 »

backonninja wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:00 am Has anyone else noticed that Zen is completely out of the fight?
First of all, he has molten iron (iron melts at around 2,800°F (1,538°C)) on his leg for a good 10 to 20 seconds. That's Very BAD!
Spoiler!
Secondly, with the shackle gone, so is the enchantment. His brain is going to collide with Natani's, causing major disorientation or even knock one (or both) of them unconscious. I wouldn't be supposed if be simply collapses. He's also group B's most experienced fighter.
To your second point, I say that Carver has been distracted by a squirrel to the face. If Red and Sythe have been paying attention, they have plenty of opportunity to take advantage of this. Experience won't make much of a difference if you get slam-tackled and punched in the face.
And I fully expect some sort of backlash through the soul link. Would be more concerned if there wasn't, actually.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#66 Post by Hulk10 »

Warrl wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:25 am Not a whole lot of bark actually shattered on that impact. Nibs mostly hit a spot that had already shed its bark, and apparently this is a sort of tree where that's an ordinary thing - yes there are such trees IRL - based on the cracked bark lower on the trunk.

One way or another I don't think we've seen the last of Nibs.

My wild guess is that Raine with her natural talent for transformation magic and the power of the shattering shield and the nearby magic pool is about to transform the squirrel into something uninjured... and not necessarily an uninjured squirrel.

I still like the idea of a "transfer injuries" spell moving that damage over to Carver. But I don't think that's where Tom will go on this.
Now that I think about it, so do I.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#67 Post by AmigaDragon »

SomeBody wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pmNot to be cruel or anything, but I kinda hope that nibbles is dead.
You can't draw something that obviously violent (Bark shattering off the tree!) and have them walk away after. Prompt healing might do it, but unless we're gearing up for a "natural healer, not murderer" Raine moment, I don't think anybody in group B is a magic healer.
As I already suggested, maybe that tree is rotten, making the bark looser and easier to knock off, and the wood under it may be softened by the rot.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#68 Post by Cyon »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:12 am
SomeBody wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:41 pmNot to be cruel or anything, but I kinda hope that nibbles is dead.
As I already suggested, maybe that tree is rotten, making the bark looser and easier to knock off, and the wood under it may be softened by the rot.
I'd say that'd be pushing the boundaries of likelihoods, what are the chances of such a tree being there?
Physics behave differently at smaller biological scales, so it's possible that Nibbly could be just fine and walk it off after a bit, albeit slightly dazed
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#69 Post by Hulk10 »

Cyon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:15 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:12 am
I'd say that'd be pushing the boundaries of likelihoods, what are the chances of such a tree being there?
Physics behave differently at smaller biological scales, so it's possible that Nibbly could be just fine and walk it off after a bit, albeit slightly dazed
You make a good point.

Rafe
Council Member

#70 Post by Rafe »

I don't have anything to add about the possible outcomes for Mrs. Nibbly, especially since, barring a change in the setting, we'll probably see what happens pretty soon. However, I do have some personal squirrel-related experiences for you.

Seeing all the action lines in the attack on Carver reminded me of a time I saw our rather large cat get in a fight with a squirrel in the alley next to our house when I was about ten. They thew up so much dust and gravel you couldn't see either of them until they broke it off. The squirrel did a better job defending itself from that territorial cat than most dogs who wandered into the yard (including a full sized German Shepherd who playfully knocked my sister down, whereupon the cat launched himself out of the tree he was perched in -claws out-, onto the surprised dog's back and rode him across the yard, leaped off, and watched him disappear into the distance).

Another time, I was riding my bicycle fairly fast down a hill when a squirrel ran out from my right and tried to run across in front of me. Instead, it ran into my front wheel, left the spokes after a short spin, and landed on my leg. It then ran up my right side and jumped off my shoulder, leading me to sympathize a bit with Carver unexpectedly having a squirrel on his body.

Another time I was talking to a neighbor in the street in front of my house. I could hear some squirrels in the trees above us, but wasn't really paying attention to them, when suddenly "crack!" (that's exactly how it sounded) a squirrel who had misjudged a jump above me hit the street about six feet away. It lay there motionless, and finaly I reached down to check it out. That's when the 'dead' squirrel opened its eyes, blinked, and sprinted off.

backonninja
Citizen

#71 Post by backonninja »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm expecting/hoping Raine will unleash something along the lines of this on Carver. Image

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#72 Post by TheMouse »

Nibs will be fine. She's a dragon, remember?
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Shar
Citizen

#73 Post by Shar »

I have to wonder if we will ever see Human :raine: again. I think our best chance is in the next page or 3 but its been so long i don't even think we have seen her in the newest art style XD.... Well outside of the Patreon submissions at least.
backonninja wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 am I don't know about you guys, but I'm expecting/hoping Raine will unleash something along the lines of this on Carver.
Yeah i am actually sort of suspecting she is going to become the new grand Templar in the long run... but thats just a guess really.

hey wait a second.... is :raine: an indication that :trace: and :flora:'s baby is going to be a shape changer? i mean... :raine: IS a hybrid like it will be...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#74 Post by Warrl »

The squirrel story seems appropriate about now...

Panther
Merchant

#75 Post by Panther »

First , i continue to believe in Nibs survival

Second , it has hit my eyes only now : why Tom (being from USA) has drawn an european squirrel in place of an american ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_squirrel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_gray_squirrel
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: