Comic for October 4, 2017: Breaking Point

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for October 4, 2017: Breaking Point

#76 Post by Cyon »

backonninja wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 am I don't know about you guys, but I'm expecting/hoping Raine will unleash something along the lines of this on Carver.
Yes please!
Panther wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pm First , i continue to believe in Nibs survival

Second , it has hit my eyes only now : why Tom (being from USA) has drawn an european squirrel in place of an american ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_squirrel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_gray_squirrel
Unrelated, but squirrels from Europe were introduced to the USA ages back and have outcompeted most of them nowadays. It's a pretty sad story when you think of it.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Rafe
Council Member

#77 Post by Rafe »

Remotely related European Red Squirrel and fox story:
There is one European Red Squirrel that I have to mention, Mary, the naive Scottish squirrel who moves to Millwall in East London (not a great neighborhood) in the BBC show Mongrels.

Nelson the fox is worried that his den is going to be destroyed in a construction project, so he convinces Mary to move in with him. Being endangered, her mere presence would force the project to be cancelled. Everything looks good until she horrifies Nelson with her new favorite thing in the city:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brlSe6WPS2w

Panther
Merchant

#78 Post by Panther »

Cyon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:34 pmUnrelated, but squirrels from Europe were introduced to the USA ages back and have outcompeted most of them nowadays. It's a pretty sad story when you think of it.
That's strange , because the american squirrel (eastern gray squirrel) has been introduced in Europe and is outcompeting the european one (red one)

Another strange thing is Carver having his human form in the previous strip and suddenly snaps to his keidran fox one here ..... Unless all his magic was in the crystal wand , broken by Zen ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#79 Post by Schrodinger »

Panther wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 am
Cyon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:34 pmUnrelated, but squirrels from Europe were introduced to the USA ages back and have outcompeted most of them nowadays. It's a pretty sad story when you think of it.
That's strange , because the american squirrel (eastern gray squirrel) has been introduced in Europe and is outcompeting the european one (red one)

Another strange thing is Carver having his human form in the previous strip and suddenly snaps to his keidran fox one here ..... Unless all his magic was in the crystal wand , broken by Zen ?
I imagine it's hard to keep up your concentration when a European squirrel is clawing at your face.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#80 Post by SpottedKitty »

Schrodinger wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:08 am I imagine it's hard to keep up your concentration when a European squirrel is clawing at your face.
It's bad enough when they run up your trouser leg and dive into your pocket. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Panther
Merchant

#81 Post by Panther »

SpottedKitty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 amIt's bad enough when they run up your trouser leg and dive into your pocket. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
They searches for n......... OK, bad joke ; i'm out :shock: :squirrel:
Schrodinger wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:08 amI imagine it's hard to keep up your concentration when a European squirrel is clawing at your face.
It's concentration or use of mana in a cristal ? Lightly lost , there :|
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Rafe
Council Member

#82 Post by Rafe »

It's also possible Carver is a better fighter (especially against squirrels) in his original fox form.
The group already knows he's a fox,so no need to waste energy maintaining an illusion.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#83 Post by Cyon »

Panther wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm
SpottedKitty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 amIt's bad enough when they run up your trouser leg and dive into your pocket. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
They searches for n......... OK, bad joke ; i'm out :shock: :squirrel:
Pfffft nice one lol!
Panther wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 am

Hmm, I was so caught up in the action that I didn't realise that.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Darekun
Traveler

#84 Post by Darekun »

Panther wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pmSecond , it has hit my eyes only now : why Tom (being from USA) has drawn an european squirrel in place of an american ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_squirrel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_gray_squirrel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_red_squirrel

Wouldn't this be more appropriate for "the american one"? That said, her ears do look more eurasian than american, and the distinctly american cast to her brush could be just artistic simplification… Maybe he picked a species common in Europe to go with the "medieval european fantasy" things?

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#85 Post by AmigaDragon »

Rafe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 pm It's also possible Carver is a better fighter (especially against squirrels) in his original fox form.
The group already knows he's a fox,so no need to waste energy maintaining an illusion.
His human form is merely illusion and has no effect on his fighting ability.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#86 Post by Hulk10 »

I still want to know if Mrs. Nibbly survives but now we have to wait another few days for that..........
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#87 Post by Ddraig »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:08 pm
Rafe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 pm It's also possible Carver is a better fighter (especially against squirrels) in his original fox form.
His human form is merely illusion and has no effect on his fighting ability.
In my honest opinion, it'd be like trying to hold a conversation with someone while fighting someone else. It doesn't directly affect fighting ability, but it distracts you. If you don't have any reason to keep doing it, why bother?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."