Comic for October 1, 2017: Breakthrough

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kyrit
Templar

Re: Comic for October 1, 2017: Breakthrough

#46 Post by Kyrit »

If Carver has extra mana crystals on him, which wouldn't surprise me, Raine can probably just enchant a different object to negate magic use. Honestly there are better uses for crystals, but yeah. Pretty sure she can recreate the shackle's enchantment on something else given so.

Edit; as for looking more fox-like than other foxes we've seen in the comic thus far, I'm willing to bet it's just because Tom's started leaning toward all new keidran characters looking more like their animal counterparts in the face. At least that's the artistic vibe I've gotten for a while now, especially with the patreon sketches of different keidran species

Warrl
Grand Templar

#47 Post by Warrl »

Well, Ephemural/Neutral said that human/keidran hybrids hadn't been allowed for many, many years - which implies that there was a previous time when they were allowed. Maybe Mike (and many other more-human-looking keidran) has some distant human ancestry.

(For a variety of reasons, some related to relative lifespans, human-looking keidran would be more common than keidran-looking humans. Assuming no significant campaign to kill off either sort of mixed-breed.)

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#48 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Go Zen. :zen:

I believe he'll be sore for awhile.
Videre videnda.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#49 Post by SirJahar »

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:34 am *snip*
More along the lines of 'our thinking on what it takes for an injurry to be so bad it can't be treated' needs to shift when magic is in the picture.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#50 Post by CrRAR »

Candycat wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:38 pm If it fails...
Natani may then be about to feel some very uncomfortable feelings in his foot. Now, what situation could he be in that would make this inconvenient or awkward? Hopefully at the Trace mansion they aren't engaged in a game of 'Beat ya to the Dungeon!'.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#51 Post by Ddraig »

CrRAR wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:14 am
Candycat wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:38 pm If it fails...
Natani may then be about to feel some very uncomfortable feelings in his foot. Now, what situation could he be in that would make this inconvenient or awkward?[...]
Perhaps something along the lines of... Twister?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#52 Post by TheMouse »

Oh! Oh Zen! Oh such a good boy, Zen!

Yeah, he's gonna have a scar, pretty good. That's good. Heroism should leave marks.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#53 Post by AmigaDragon »

Kyrit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:48 pm If Carver has extra mana crystals on him, which wouldn't surprise me, Raine can probably just enchant a different object to negate magic use. Honestly there are better uses for crystals, but yeah. Pretty sure she can recreate the shackle's enchantment on something else given so.
I've been wondering how much she knows about enchanting items. Obviously she knows enough to have repaired the shackle. Did her examination of it give her enough knowledge of its construction to make an entirely new inhibitor? Does she know enough to vary its effectiveness? Block enough magic to control her change, let enough through to do more intentional magics. Of course she would need to have time and materials to do so.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kyrit
Templar

#54 Post by Kyrit »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:38 am
Kyrit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:48 pm If Carver has extra mana crystals on him, which wouldn't surprise me, Raine can probably just enchant a different object to negate magic use. Honestly there are better uses for crystals, but yeah. Pretty sure she can recreate the shackle's enchantment on something else given so.
I've been wondering how much she knows about enchanting items. Obviously she knows enough to have repaired the shackle. Did her examination of it give her enough knowledge of its construction to make an entirely new inhibitor? Does she know enough to vary its effectiveness? Block enough magic to control her change, let enough through to do more intentional magics. Of course she would need to have time and materials to do so.
From this page it looks like she had to rework the entire enchantment on the shackle. That's what I take all the scribbling on the ground to be at least. If she did have to fully re-enchant it, I'd think she could put the enchantment on something else as well. No clue if she knows how to make anything other than an exact replica though.