Comic for September 28, 2017: Go for the Eyes, Nibs!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Comic for September 28, 2017: Go for the Eyes, Nibs!

#1 Post by NiWo21k »

Sketch Version of "Go for the Eyes, Nibs!"

Never forgett to check if there is a attack squirell ready to charge at you :grin:

I have to be honest totally fogott her (Sorry :oops:), really thought Zen would be the hero here and somehow break with the help of the shackle through the barrier and punch this guy in his smiling face :wink: - ok it still could happen *wish*
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

NuclearBird
Master

Re: Comic for September 28, 2017: Go for the Eyes, Nibs!

#2 Post by NuclearBird »

I'm laughing right now. It's not a nice laugh. It's quite a menacing laugh, in fact.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3 Post by tony1695 »

I get the feeling this is where we learn that Nibbly is indeed special. Maybe not "dragon in disguise" special, but "shapeshifting agent of someone who opposes Clovis" is something I can see.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Dadrobit »

I said it in chat, and I'll repeat it here. Place your bets now.

What are the odds that Nibbly gets hurt/killed by Clovis before the barrier drops, right in front of Sythe, a la the style of Qui-Gon Jinn being killed by Darth Maul in front of Obi-Wan?

It'd sure be a helluva good way for Tom to finally get some real animosity towards one of his villains no? :mrgrin:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

Also, the way Carver talks about taking Raine to Clovis "gift-wrapped" is creepy. REALLY creepy. Given how that snippet from Dragon Masquerade implies how Clovis treats women... The less said the better.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#6 Post by CrRAR »

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:12 amWhat are the odds that Nibbly gets hurt/killed by Clovis before the barrier drops, right in front of Sythe, a la the style of Qui-Gon Jinn being killed by Darth Maul in front of Obi-Wan?
I-it doesn't have to be a mortal wound d-does it? Nibbly in a wheelchair sounds cute, right? - a little sad - but cute.

I guess we just have to sit back and hope for the best...
phpBB [video]

If you can dodge a wrench...you can dodge a...squirrel?
tony1695 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:40 am Also, the way Carver talks about taking Raine to Clovis "gift-wrapped" is creepy. REALLY creepy. Given how that snippet from Dragon Masquerade implies how Clovis treats women... The less said the better.
Yyyyeah, I was gonna comment on this too. Before now was it even mentioned that Raine was a target? What would Clovis' plan be? An eternity as his "wife". If he's still a lady that whole arrangement could get...confusing. lol
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

#7 Post by Welsh halfwit »

Fa da da da da dahhhh; Squirrel power!!
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#8 Post by BadFoMo »

1. Am I the only one being reminded of the Killer Bunny Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

2. Does the alternate title hint that Carver is going to be blinded from this attack?

3. Am I deranged for liking the look of Raine and Carver's eyes in panels 5 and 6 respectively (and for liking the sketch version of Carver's while seeing a grin instead of him talking)?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#9 Post by CrRAR »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:35 pm2. Does the alternate title hint that Carver is going to be blinded from this attack?
phpBB [video]

Welsh halfwit wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:32 pm Fa da da da da dahhhh; Squirrel power!!
I think a SCREEEEE of solidarity is in order for our brave woodland knight.

*Ahem* SKREEEEEEEEEEEE

#NibblyStrong :squirrel:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#10 Post by NiWo21k »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:35 pm 1. Am I the only one being reminded of the Killer Bunny Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
Lets hope there is no equivalent to the Holy Handgrenade in the Two Kinds world - poor :squirrel:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#11 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Interesting note: Carver's illusion seems to be slipping a bit here. We can clearly see the claws on his hands in panels 2 and 8, but in previous strips (e.g. 982 or 984) his hands look fully human. Perhaps the proximity to the magic suppressor is having some effect, or maybe he's just getting distracted.
CrRAR wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:50 pm
tony1695 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:40 amAlso, the way Carver talks about taking Raine to Clovis "gift-wrapped" is creepy. REALLY creepy. Given how that snippet from Dragon Masquerade implies how Clovis treats women... The less said the better.
Yyyyeah, I was gonna comment on this too. Before now was it even mentioned that Raine was a target? What would Clovis' plan be? An eternity as his "wife". If he's still a lady that whole arrangement could get...confusing. lol
I don't think Raine was originally intended as a target at all. I think Carver's musings here fairly clearly imply that Raine's presence and abilities were not known or expected in advance and that he's considering capturing her as well simply as a target of opportunity - an unexpected curiosity that fell into his lap in the process of going after his primary target. Of course, given Clovis' character and what we know of the practices of his guild (and Carver's obvious sharing of Clovis' disdain towards women reinforces that), we can likely assume that Raine's potential experiences as their captive wouldn't exactly be pleasant, but I doubt Clovis has any *particular* plan in mind for her in advance.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#12 Post by Him »

Dang, the title spoiled pretty much the entire page for me. Also there is a typo at the start- the That it! from Raine.

It seems hard to suffocate only certain targets in such a confined area. So he plans on making everyone pass out before he kills all but Zen and Raine? Interesting choice, I suppose.

I guess since Carver is so willing to take two prisoners it implies a few possible things. He either has a form of transportation near by, has a means of contacting Clovis or someone else to come to his location, or there is very little distance to cover to his destination.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#13 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Yes, I noticed it as well. I wasn't sure if that was an actual misspelling or possibly something intentional. Therefore, I didn't bring it up.

In other news: Secret Squirrel mission in progress. :squirrel:
Videre videnda.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by BadJoke »

It seems is illusion isn't that good. He can't hide his claws.

I wonder how this will end... I suppose Zen will want a bloody vengeance, through that would be a bit hypocrit from a guy who just happened to be spared by his ex-targets.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#15 Post by Schrodinger »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:35 pm 1. Am I the only one being reminded of the Killer Bunny Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

2. Does the alternate title hint that Carver is going to be blinded from this attack?

3. Am I deranged for liking the look of Raine and Carver's eyes in panels 5 and 6 respectively (and for liking the sketch version of Carver's while seeing a grin instead of him talking)?
"That's the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you ever laid eyes on!" Carver shouldn't have threatened her man.

I'm right there with you on those expressions, Tom portrayed Raine's panic and Carver's malicious intent well. We also got a little more insight into how these magical artifacts work and that Carver shares Clovis's misogynistic views.
What was it the spider said to the fly...