Comic for September 28, 2017: Go for the Eyes, Nibs!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AegisWolf
Traveler

Re: Comic for September 28, 2017: Go for the Eyes, Nibs!

#16 Post by AegisWolf »

Carver's going to be fun to dislike.
:heart: :raine:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#17 Post by CrRAR »

AegisWolf wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 pm Carver's going to be fun to dislike.
That is, if he manages to live through the next 5 minutes of squirrel maulings and potential unbridled Zen rage.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#18 Post by tony1695 »

CrRAR wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:24 pm
That is, if he manages to live through the next 5 minutes of squirrel maulings and potential unbridled Zen rage.
Also pretty sure [DE] will be more than happy to gut him after Sythe explains the situation further.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Phaing
Master

#19 Post by Phaing »

This is an occasion where I won't be the slightest bit upset to see a minor Character take a permanent dirt-nap.

And if this is the sort of people Clovis has in his circle of pals, then the same goes for him too.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Dadrobit »

Him wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:07 pm I guess since Carver is so willing to take two prisoners it implies a few possible things. He either has a form of transportation near by, has a means of contacting Clovis or someone else to come to his location, or there is very little distance to cover to his destination.
Supposedly they're not all that far away from Edinmire. All Carver has to do is re-establish his illusion and he can walk into town where both Clovis is potentially still currently residing as well as the Riftwall portal for the transportation requirements as a "mercenary" with his quarry. Very few questions will be asked.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#21 Post by CrRAR »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:29 pm
CrRAR wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:24 pm
Also pretty sure [DE] will be more than happy to gut him after Sythe explains the situation further.
Haha. Never a better time for him to debut some MEANINGFUL BATTLE! :P
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Candycat
Citizen

#22 Post by Candycat »

Inb4 deus ex Raine teleport.
ImageImage
ImageImage

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#23 Post by tony1695 »

Candycat wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 pm Inb4 deus ex Raine teleport.
Not quite, she explained earlier that without the shackles keeping her in human form, she has the same limitation Keidran have when it comes to magic, i.e she needs crystals.
Though with Nibbly running distraction, now might be a good time to try to get them back on.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Rafe
Council Member

#24 Post by Rafe »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:35 pm 1. Am I the only one being reminded of the Killer Bunny Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
Actually, the first thing that popped into my head was this:

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by Cyon »

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:12 am I said it in chat, and I'll repeat it here. Place your bets now.

What are the odds that Nibbly gets hurt/killed by Clovis before the barrier drops, right in front of Sythe, a la the style of Qui-Gon Jinn being killed by Darth Maul in front of Obi-Wan?

It'd sure be a helluva good way for Tom to finally get some real animosity towards one of his villains no? :mrgrin:
As much as I dislike that prospect, it would sure shake things up and put feels back into the agenda.
Would it be too soon following the death of Alaric? I don't think so.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:52 pm Interesting note: Carver's illusion seems to be slipping a bit here. We can clearly see the claws on his hands in panels 2 and 8, but in previous strips (e.g. 982 or 984) his hands look fully human. Perhaps the proximity to the magic suppressor is having some effect, or maybe he's just getting distracted.
CrRAR wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:50 pm
tony1695 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:40 amAlso, the way Carver talks about taking Raine to Clovis "gift-wrapped" is creepy. REALLY creepy. Given how that snippet from Dragon Masquerade implies how Clovis treats women... The less said the better.
Yyyyeah, I was gonna comment on this too. Before now was it even mentioned that Raine was a target? What would Clovis' plan be? An eternity as his "wife". If he's still a lady that whole arrangement could get...confusing. lol
I don't think Raine was originally intended as a target at all. I think Carver's musings here fairly clearly imply that Raine's presence and abilities were not known or expected in advance and that he's considering capturing her as well simply as a target of opportunity - an unexpected curiosity that fell into his lap in the process of going after his primary target. Of course, given Clovis' character and what we know of the practices of his guild (and Carver's obvious sharing of Clovis' disdain towards women reinforces that), we can likely assume that Raine's potential experiences as their captive wouldn't exactly be pleasant, but I doubt Clovis has any *particular* plan in mind for her in advance.
Maybe not in advance, but I'm sure that sooner or later they'll realise her heritage and just how special she is. And then things will get serious.

Also GO GET HIM NIBBLY!
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#26 Post by GaySailors »

Spoiler!
phpBB [video]
Natani's gonna have a field day on this one.

AegisWolf
Traveler

#27 Post by AegisWolf »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:39 pm
Not quite, she explained earlier that without the shackles keeping her in human form, she has the same limitation Keidran have when it comes to magic, i.e she needs crystals.
Though with Nibbly running distraction, now might be a good time to try to get them back on.
...so, she's less magical without the magic suppressor?

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#28 Post by GaySailors »

AegisWolf wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 pm
Yeah, sounds about right.

AegisWolf
Traveler

#29 Post by AegisWolf »

GaySailors wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:15 pm
AegisWolf wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 pm
Yeah, sounds about right.
I suppose it just makes her even more awesome, if she's powerful enough that a magical suppressor acts, not as its name would suggest, but instead as a stabilizer.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#30 Post by Hayate »

YES! NIBBLY TO THE RESCUE! I'm so happy this played out, I somehow knew it would be Nibs! :squirrel: But that really does make her quite a different squirrel... She figured out her friends were in trouble and who was responsible. Considering she shouldn't be able to understand speech much less read a complex situation like this, it really makes me think there is more to her than being a mere squirrel. I still haven't settled on dragon or some kind of polymorphed person. Trace turned someone into a Keidran, who's to say someone couldn't be turned into a simpler creature? Either way, Nibbly is the best xD :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--