The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Comic for September 14, 2017: Clovis

#1 Post by NiWo21k »

Sketch Version

I absolut love the middle frame - not only from the standpoint of Natani and Zen telling where they know of Clovis but also the colours and the way the characters are placed :)

And also that they didnt hear of him and thought he was "dead" is interesting. Lets see where this is going

Edit: Also that Twitter text of Tom is great :grin: "A new enemy on the horizon from Zen and Natani's past! Half fox, half wolf, all smug."
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Meribah
Citizen

Re: Comic for September 14, 2017: Clovis

#2 Post by Meribah »

Beautiful page! I like the fact that Zen makes some mistakes while talking in human and uses Keidran when he comes to a word he can't say in human. Nice! :D

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Cyon »

They might not have their telepathy working at the moment, but Nat and Zen's minds still are truly in sync.

Carver's looking a little smug in that second panel. Hopefully that'll be fixed within the coming pages, preferably with a good dose of revenge.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

I don't really have much to say to what we have here, except maybe this: *Gulp* "Ouch time."

Sorry, I like to reference Star Wars at times like these.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#5 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I see hazardous conditions ahead. Clovis is dropping by...
Spoiler!
Videre videnda.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

NiWo21k wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:12 pmI absolut love the middle frame - not only from the standpoint of Natani and Zen telling where they know of Clovis but also the colours and the way the characters are placed :)
Cyon wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:21 pmThey might not have their telepathy working at the moment, but Nat and Zen's minds still are truly in sync.
In addition to the bloody coins, I too like this page for those reasons.

P.S. I was away 'sort of' working on something else. Did this get updated before I got here? If so, did anyone archive the original?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Dadrobit »

Well, I got the "Natani must be involved in the discovery of Clovis for the sake of exposition" prediction right a few weeks past, but that's roughly about as impressive as predicting what I'm having for dinner later.

Mexican probably...

Anyways, love this page! It's been too long since we've seen both the assassins in one page, (the bloody coins are a nice touch too). It's also great to get some Clovis info for the folks who haven't had the chance to get into TDM. All around I'm very happy with this update! :mrgrin:

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by BadJoke »

Conflict is coming. And this time it's gonna be serious.

Now I wonder who will make the first move. Clovis or our heroes?
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#9 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

So did Natani just tell group A about the dark magic attack on them, and their subsequent mind/soul-link with Zen? What did they reveal and what did they not reveal? That part was kind of skipped over.
Also, I wonder whether Reni is telepathically broadcasting what Natani is saying to everyone else, so that Trace can understand them too. Kind of like the TARDIS translating for you xD

zy-fi
Citizen

#10 Post by zy-fi »

Make it double!
Every day I'm shoopin'

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#11 Post by Him »

You know I rarely do appreciate Zen- especially with how much I like Natani. But seeing these two act in sync right now makes me like him a bit more. Shows that these two are actually brothers.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#12 Post by Shockwave07 »

The layout of this page really works well. And seeing this I wan to see what happened in the other story... This is a tease!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#13 Post by Schrodinger »

Him wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm You know I rarely do appreciate Zen- especially with how much I like Natani. But seeing these two act in sync right now makes me like him a bit more. Shows that these two are actually brothers.
You don't need to have a mental link with your sibling to know how they think. But I also appreciate that the two are separated now more than they've ever been and yet the Magi Brothers are still on the same page.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Kyrit
Templar

#14 Post by Kyrit »

It looks like Zen's a lot more concerned in the finals panels than Natani is. Says a lot about them.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Dadrobit »

Kyrit wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:06 am It looks like Zen's a lot more concerned in the finals panels than Natani is. Says a lot about them.
Excepting the shackle incident, Zen has tended to be the more cautious one in the family for a while now. Natani has always been the "leap before you look" side of the duo.

Granted, his caution hasn't prevented Zen from getting snuck up on and stabbed/bludgenoned/tackled and generally foiled in his endeavors, but think of how much worse it would be for him if he wasn't cautious?