Comic for September 14, 2017: Clovis

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

wolfie_inu
Traveler

Re: Comic for September 14, 2017: Clovis

#16 Post by wolfie_inu »

Wait so... Clovis, in hiding? "Dragon Masquerade" is canon, then? Did we know this before now? I don't keep up with the discussions >.>
EX UNITATE VIRES

webcomic
deviantArt

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#17 Post by TorqueEffect »

wolfie_inu wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:30 am Wait so... Clovis, in hiding? "Dragon Masquerade" is canon, then? Did we know this before now? I don't keep up with the discussions >.>
I thought it was quite obvious that TDM was canon.

And yes, Clovis has always been in hiding since the ummm... "Incident" in TDM :P

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Dadrobit »

wolfie_inu wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:30 am Wait so... Clovis, in hiding? "Dragon Masquerade" is canon, then? Did we know this before now? I don't keep up with the discussions >.>
TDM was always considered "B-Canon". As in, anything plot related in it was considered canon until otherwise contradicted by the main comic. TDM was and is insightful in areas, but the central comic ideas take precedence.

wolfie_inu
Traveler

#19 Post by wolfie_inu »

Oh, I get it. Not necessarily canon, but it can be assumed to be so until contradicted. I thought it was more of a what-if side story.

But, oh man. Clovis has some vengeance to inflict then, it seems >.>
EX UNITATE VIRES

webcomic
deviantArt

Phaing
Master

#20 Post by Phaing »

So THAT is who Clovis is.

Thanks for posting that, it helps a lot. :D
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by BadJoke »

Phaing wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 am So THAT is who Clovis is.

Thanks for posting that, it helps a lot. :D
And also a man turned female. Yep.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Panther
Merchant

#22 Post by Panther »

Him wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pmShows that these two are actually brothers.
Natani and Zen are sister and brother . It's a long story told when they've appeared in the comic ; long time , so ^^

Clovis would be behind the attack of the town ? According what we see of his head , Clovis is a fox (and a rich fox , it seems) ; foxes are very smart and intelligent . But i have a doubt that Clovis was planning the attack of the town : he has nothing to get from ............. Unless he works with the "dark templars" and got something from them ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Warrl
Grand Templar

#23 Post by Warrl »

Panther wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pm
Natani and Zen are sister and brother .
Please let's not restart that argument. It's over differing definitions of terms, and therefore unresolvable. Just accept that there are differences of opinion and ignore them.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#24 Post by Him »

Natani and Zen are sister and brother . It's a long story told when they've appeared in the comic ; long time , so ^^
Natani is my favorite character and I know that they were born female. However, Natani identifies as male so that's what I go with. That might change, of course, especially after recent events. What I was referring to was the fact that they never really act similar- even with a mental link. This was the first time they have had similar reactions to something, or similar thought processes.

But this conversation is now taboo because some people get too aggressive with their arguments about it- so it's best to leave it be.
Panther wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:15 pmUnless he works with the "dark templars" and got something from them ?
We were shown that he helped the Templar for an enchanted amulet which will likely swap his gender.
Last edited by Him on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Because I'm illiterate, apparently

Panther
Merchant

#25 Post by Panther »

Him wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:50 pm
this conversation is now taboo because some people get too aggressive with their arguments about it- so it's best to leave it be.
I won't be aggressive , no need for ; and it's not my argument but the truth : they're sister and brother . It's explained (at the beginning) that Natani had been severely hurt mentally during a mission and mind practically swiped . To stop her to die , Zen had accepted to copy/transfer his mind to her : this including his gender . That's why Natany believes now she's a male and is upset a lot with her female body . Read these two pages , all is here :

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/447/

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/448/

As i don't want to create a drama , i stop this discussion here for my part

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#26 Post by Dadrobit »

Panther wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 pm
this conversation is now taboo because some people get too aggressive with their arguments about it- so it's best to leave it be.
I won't be aggressive , no need for ; and it's not my argument but the truth : they're sister and brother . It's explained (at the beginning) that Natani had been severely hurt mentally during a mission and mind practically swiped . To stop her to die , Zen had accepted to copy/transfer his mind to her : this including his gender . That's why Natany believes now she's a male and is upset a lot with her female body . Read these two pages , all is here :

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/447/

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/448/

As i don't want to create a drama , i stop this discussion here for my part
And this is why I avoid using pronouns when talking about Natani like the plague...

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#27 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm And this is why I avoid using pronouns when talking about Natani like the plague...
Agreed. I've never been too fond of the concepts behind being transgender, particularly because having to keep the pronouns straight... basically gives my head the owwies. And that's putting it mildly!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Warrl
Grand Templar

#28 Post by Warrl »

Panther wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 pm
I won't be aggressive , no need for ; and it's not my argument but the truth : they're sister and brother .
You're failing at not being aggressive.

And while what you say is true, it is ALSO true that they are two brothers. For certain meanings of "male" and "female".

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#29 Post by Him »

Panther wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 pmAs i don't want to create a drama , i stop this discussion here for my part
Thank you for stopping, but please listen next time when told to drop a conversation.

That goes for everyone, I know I perpetuated it somewhat with my response but let's drop this and keep focused on the page. Thank you all in advance for your compliance.

Panther
Merchant

#30 Post by Panther »

I see the keidran fox of the second panel , and i remember the keidran wolf : both of them nicely clothed and cute ......... Clovis has a secret "love" for model dolls like servants ? :mrgreen: