Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Comic for September 6th, 2017

#1 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Alt-text: The Trouble with Telepathy

Sketch version

Reni has got to be the least dignified dragon *ever*. It's so adorable. :grin: It's also neat to get a bit more insight into dragons; it's interesting to see why a race that can communicate telepathically without need for language might still have reason to learn those languages anyway. Also suggests that, unlike Reni, Nora must know both human and keidran (and perhaps basitin as well) since she had no problems flipping through Trace's memories back in chapter 8.

Anyway, that aside, finally the antagonist is revealed, and the penny drops for Natani. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for September 6th, 2017

#2 Post by Hayate »

Grash itsh griah! I really want to know what she's saying xD This is pretty much how I figured their telepathy worked. Exciting to see Clovis' name dropped, Natani looks like they've seen a ghost xD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#3 Post by CrRAR »

Yo, what a page! Love the exposition about mindreading and Reni looks great in every panel. Natani and Zen may finally get a showdown of epic...proportions if and when they meet up with Clovis once again. :wink:

Reni belts out a bit of a corrupted rawr. Hmmm. Hehheh. Gonna have to work on that. Sure at least don't sound like no chicken I ever heard.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#4 Post by hands_of_stealth »

"Grash itsh griah!"

I wonder if Reni was trying to say an actual english phrase with that.

"Crash it's gears...?"

Ehhh... *shrugs*

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#5 Post by GaySailors »

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#6 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Hayate wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:09 amGrash itsh griah! I really want to know what she's saying xD
hands_of_stealth wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:29 am "Grash itsh griah!"

I wonder if Reni was trying to say an actual english phrase with that.
According to Tom in the stream chat:
Tom wrote:She's trying to say "This is how I speak human" but she sorta gives up by the end and starts saying rawr over and over
Reni is such a dork. I love it. :grin:

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#7 Post by Foxx Trotter »

RAWR! How kyoot of Reni. :grin:

Yes, Natani...she said CLOVIS. The past continues to haunt your life. :shock:
Videre videnda.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#8 Post by NiWo21k »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:59 am DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
Why isnt there a button for a soundeffect direktly under that panel where its revealed - i think nearly everyone had this in his head when we see "Clovis" and Natanis reaction :wink:

And Reni should leave it with speaking out lout, not only does it hurt but it also looks like she is choking on it and she will die in the next seconds with her eyes popping out.

But i find it intersting that Natani directly adresses her on the speech part. So she is getting comfortable near dragons or was it really just that big of curiousity why this makes no sense in the first place for her.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#9 Post by BadFoMo »

Reni wrote:I have learned Human.
Well, so much for the idea that Reni is an Adragkist that actually made it to the rank of Dragon (unless she's a Basitin Adragkist). Although this seems to confirm (what hadn't really crossed my mind) that the Dragons have their own language.

Anyway, I think I'm still a little confused as to how Reni can pseudo-know Keidran yet not be able to figure out what's going on in the Wolf Terrorist's memories.

I see the situation as watching security footage with no sound. In those situations you can sometimes ask someone who was there what happened/what was said. Couldn't she just ask the Wolf Terrorist what's going on?

I can see two reasons for this happening.
1. The individual needs to be alive and conscious in order to be telepathically interviewed.
2. She's bluffing, she understood everything perfectly, but along with the name Clovis, the name of another Wolf, Natani, also came up. Reni just wants to see if she can get any information out of the Wolf named Natani that is here without her thinking that the jig is up.

Personally I like #2, but I feel #1 is the more likely reason.

P.S. Insert my usual request for the original version here.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#10 Post by NiWo21k »

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:13 am Couldn't she just ask the Wolf Terrorist what's going on?
I think the problem is that he is - at least what she said in the page before - still unconscious, so i would say that doenst work :wink:

The way she phrases it, is that the mindreading only works when there is someone alive. At the moment its like you say she just looks at some video footage and she cant read the mind from someone who isnt there.
And because she cant understand Keidran from the spoken word (telepathy seems to work a little bit different) she only catches some specific words in the noise she hears.

BadFoMo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:13 am 2. She's bluffing, she understood everything perfectly, but along with the name Clovis, the name of another Wolf, Natani, also came up. Reni just wants to see if she can get any information out of the Wolf named Natani that is here without her thinking that the jig is up.
TBH - i cant see Reni as this super intelligent spy who workes aout such complicated plans to get out more informations from all the people involved (before the Reni fans want to kill me - i like her a lot, she just doesnt feel like a Sherlock Holmes kind of character ^^)
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#11 Post by TorqueEffect »

NiWo21k wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:59 am
MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:59 am DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
Why isnt there a button for a soundeffect direktly under that panel where its revealed - i think nearly everyone had this in his head when we see "Clovis" and Natanis reaction :wink:
phpBB [video]

Aviary

#12 Post by Aviary »

Grash itsh greah? are you trying to say grass is green? because that's what it sounds like to me when i try to say it....
Man i must be getting concerned looks right now XD

Taxouckk
New Citizen

#13 Post by Taxouckk »

Oh my god, imminent return of best worst girl? I'm down for it! More Clovis, please. Absolutely.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#14 Post by ZeroJinKui »

i am really curious about natani and zen's connection to clovis... wonder what we'll find out about their past in the upcoming pages?

will zen be able to get free of that device severing his and natani's connection while everyone else is being distracted by clovis?

so many questions!

also, reni is cute, but i still like nora more. :nora:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Panther
Merchant

#15 Post by Panther »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:49 pm i am really curious about natani and zen's connection to clovis... wonder what we'll find out about their past in the upcoming pages?
Maybe a member of their family ?

Reni trying to speak human is so cute and funny :nora:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: