Comic for September 6th, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for September 6th, 2017

#16 Post by Cyon »

Taxouckk wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:44 pm Oh my god, imminent return of best worst girl? I'm down for it! More Clovis, please. Absolutely.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And now that the ball is rolling, it's a long, steep and bumpy hill to the bottom! I have a feeling this is going to be a long day for everyone
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Candycat
Citizen

#17 Post by Candycat »

And Reni continues to be the cutest dorkasaurus. But if she really wanted to speak human out loud, she couldn't she just shape shift into a human?
edit: typos
ImageImage
ImageImage

Phaing
Master

#18 Post by Phaing »

Candycat wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:15 pm Ans Reni continues to be the cutest dorkasaurus. But if she really wanted to speak human out loud, she couldn't she just shape shift into a human?
I'd prefer she didn't, not if it means she has to sleep for a month. You know, like the other one is doing.

And maybe she does not know how yet, seems like a complicated trick.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Ddraig
Templar Master

#19 Post by Ddraig »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:49 pm i am really curious about natani and zen's connection to clovis... wonder what we'll find out about their past in the upcoming pages?
Reference The Dragon Masquerade for more. Unsure how much will be revealed in the main comic.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Candycat
Citizen

#20 Post by Candycat »

I'd prefer she didn't, not if it means she has to sleep for a month. You know, like the other one is doing.

Nora isn't sleeping because she shapeshifted too much, she's sleeping because she was affected by the mana-draining skybeam. I think she was just sleeping to regenerate her dragon mana.

Also, I can't tell if Reni shrank down to fit at the table or if she's just a really small dragon. I mean, if she shrank down than that means she should be able to do the shape shifty thing too right? Or maybe she's just small. Or seems small?
Is it a perspective thing?
ImageImage
ImageImage

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#21 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

I don't see why Reni can't go into the memories, listen to the Keidran words, memorise the sounds of the Keidran words, then come out and telepathically say what the sounds were, and then people there can translate for her. I mean, that's effectively what she did with the word "Clovis". She has no *concept* of "Clovis", she went in to the wolf's memories and heard the *sound* of the word "Clovis" a lot, and then was able to telepathically say that she heard that sound.

But I guess that would ruin the plot...

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#22 Post by Cosmacelf »

Is The Dragon Masquerade available anywhere? I'm asking for others, as I have a copy. It seems that it is becoming important...

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#23 Post by Elemental Templar »

Phaing wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:40 pm
Candycat wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:15 pm Ans Reni continues to be the cutest dorkasaurus. But if she really wanted to speak human out loud, she couldn't she just shape shift into a human?

And according to Tom (or possibly the forum archives) dragons don't typically shift into bipeds because of the difficulty in walking, and even if she could turn into a human she would still have to learn how enunciate human language, so it would be a lose-lose either way.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Phaing
Master

#24 Post by Phaing »

Ddraig wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 pm
ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:49 pm i am really curious about natani and zen's connection to clovis... wonder what we'll find out about their past in the upcoming pages?
Reference The Dragon Masquerade for more. Unsure how much will be revealed in the main comic.
A flashback would be handy for us newcomers, wouldn't it?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Rakaydos

#25 Post by Rakaydos »

so having just binged Dragon masquerade, I have to wonder...

Did what Nora do to Clovis survive Nora losing her magic and spells on the bastian island ending?

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#26 Post by GaySailors »

Rakaydos wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:24 am so having just binged Dragon masquerade, I have to wonder...

Did what Nora do to Clovis survive Nora losing her magic and spells on the bastian island ending?
Clovis wasn't on the Basitin Isles, theres no evidence to suggest such. Her previous magic wouldn't wear off on Clovis, its not like shes still using magic on him... er, her, anymore, its that whats done has been done.

Also, I'm gonna address the massive question everyone has refrained from bringing up.

Since the Dragon Masquerade is cannon due to Natani and Zen's backstory...

WHEN BROLLY
and also fox breasts

Candycat
Citizen

#27 Post by Candycat »

So like. Is Clovis still under Nora's spell's effect? Or did Brahn fix that for... him? I was kinda hoping for a bwom-y Clovis. :|
ImageImage
ImageImage

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#28 Post by Schrodinger »

Candycat wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 am So like. Is Clovis still under Nora's spell's effect? Or did Brahn fix that for... him? I was kinda hoping for a bwom-y Clovis. :|
The wolf terrorist wouldn't know and by extension neither would Reni. Whether or not Clovis still has that spell in effect is still up in the air.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by SpottedKitty »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:59 am Anyway, that aside, finally the antagonist is revealed, and the penny drops for Natani. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
From Natani's expression, in this case the penny is from one of those south seas islands where they use ceremonial money made of stones... millstones. :shock: :natani: :shock:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by BadJoke »

Now Natani must feel like being ready to go full "Inglorious [censored]" on that white creep. :natani:
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.