The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Comic for September 1 2017 - Stove Pot of Coffee

#1 Post by NiWo21k »

Sketch Page of "Stove Pot of Coffee

Reni sitting there at the table in this outfit and sipping coffee - just looks great :)
And the last part - why do i have the feeling Natani will get mixed into this situation :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for September 1 2017 - Stove Pot of Coffee

#2 Post by Cyon »

I'm calling that Reni will link up her mind with Natani's to act as a translator. Make it happen! :3

As I was writing that I've thought up the possibility for Reni to read something about Carver and Zen in there.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Natani's just going to keep staring down Reni all morning, isn't he? Wouldn't be the first time she's had a dragon rooting around in her headspace, but Reni has at least three other readily available Keidran speakers in the room.

As an aside, "I'm watching you, ya overgrown lizard! My beau here will hip toss you into next week!"
What was it the spider said to the fly...

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#4 Post by TorqueEffect »

I think it's pretty logical on how this page was laid out that Natani is going to have some kinda role in this.

Also Keith seems to be walking in the wrong direction.

NiWo21k
Merchant

#5 Post by NiWo21k »

TorqueEffect wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:56 pm Also Keith seems to be walking in the wrong direction.
He isnt a morning person :wink:
But i also just could be that the stairs are going into two directions...

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Aurora
Citizen

#6 Post by Aurora »

Keith and Natani probably just haven't got to the bottom of the stairs yet, and that's the direction the stairs go, before they can get to the bottom.

Oh, you mean when they DO get to the bottom. I see it now. LOL! He IS walking in the wrong direction. XD In fact, he looks like he about to bump into the wall. Funny, because before, he seemed awake enough ...

Meanwhile, this page is so cute!

I just love how Reni is in pajamas and a night-cap and drinking coffee from a huge bowl by lapping it with her tongue like a cat. XD And her pensive expression and the thing she does with her hands (claws?) in the last frame is just precious. x)

Never knew a dragon cute be cute. XD

Panther
Merchant

#7 Post by Panther »

Reni is so cute in this outfit , even if i don't understand why she wears a dressing gown : she has nothing to hide ..... ^_^"

Not speaking keidran ..... That is the rock in the plan :redhair:
Aurora wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:35 pmI just love how Reni is drinking coffee from a huge bowl by lapping it with her tongue like a cat.
One of several issues anthros and scalies have with human made items ................... One of the worse and painful is with tails and doors (;_;)
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Kyrit
Templar

#8 Post by Kyrit »

Cyon wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:43 pm I'm calling that Reni will link up her mind with Natani's to act as a translator. Make it happen! :3
If Reni asked anyone to help her translate, I'm sure it wouldn't be Natani. Reni just said she can't understand Keidran, meanwhile Natani speaks almost exclusively Keidran. Sure, she's learned a few words here and there, but if Reni picked Natani to help out she'd end up needing someone to translate for Natani later on. It'd just make more sense for Reni to pick someone that understands multiple languages, be it Flora, Keith, or any of Eric's old crew. Flora would probably be the most likely candidate though, since Reni's seen enough in Trace's mind to know that she's a good choice.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by BadJoke »

It's funny how Tom think about all the details when it comes to telepathy and mind-reading... and so avoid making it completely overpowered like in so many other fictions.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#10 Post by BadFoMo »

Panther wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 pm
Aurora wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:35 pmI just love how Reni is drinking coffee from a huge bowl by lapping it with her tongue like a cat.
One of several issues anthros and scalies have with human made items ................... One of the worse and painful is with tails and doors (;_;)
You simply need to be aware of your personal surroundings, and be extra careful when others are closing the door for you. That's all.

Kyrit wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:21 pm
Cyon wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:43 pmI'm calling that Reni will link up her mind with Natani's to act as a translator. Make it happen! :3
If Reni asked anyone to help her translate, I'm sure it wouldn't be Natani. Reni just said she can't understand Keidran, meanwhile Natani speaks almost exclusively Keidran. Sure, she's learned a few words here and there, but if Reni picked Natani to help out she'd end up needing someone to translate for Natani later on. It'd just make more sense for Reni to pick someone that understands multiple languages, be it Flora, Keith, or any of Eric's old crew. Flora would probably be the most likely candidate though, since Reni's seen enough in Trace's mind to know that she's a good choice.
Oh! Can we have a bit like that one scene from “Hot Fuzz” where Constable Angel needed a translator to figure out what the farmer was saying… and then needed Danny to translate for the translator?

Reni wrote:I, uh… I don't understand Keidran.
I am reminded of that one scene from “Clue: The VCR Mystery Game” where Mdm. Rose asks for something from each of the guests to feel for a psychic vibration (if I remember correctly).

Mdm. Rose: Oh, you are hiding a deep dark secret.
M. Brunette: Which secret? AHM! What secret?
Mdm. Rose: Can't tell, it's coming through in French.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11 Post by Schrodinger »

Just to point out another instance of this situation; Matt Parker, a character from the tv series Heroes, could read a person's thoughts. This ability was thwarted however when another character, one who knew Matt had that ability, began to think exclusively in a language Matt couldn't understand.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Cyon »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:34 pm Mdm. Rose: Can't tell, it's coming through in French.
Perfectly understandable, I can't see the problem there :mrgreen:
Panther wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 pm Reni is so cute in this outfit , even if i don't understand why she wears a dressing gown : she has nothing to hide ..... ^_^"
She's been reading into the minds of us viewers and is scared of the possible fanservice she may receive...
Speaking of, her tongue isn't exactly very wide so drinking would be a royal pain joke not intended :P
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

NiWo21k
Merchant

#13 Post by NiWo21k »

Kyrit wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:21 pm If Reni asked anyone to help her translate, I'm sure it wouldn't be Natani. Reni just said she can't understand Keidran, meanwhile Natani speaks almost exclusively Keidran. Sure, she's learned a few words here and there, but if Reni picked Natani to help out she'd end up needing someone to translate for Natani later on. It'd just make more sense for Reni to pick someone that understands multiple languages, be it Flora, Keith, or any of Eric's old crew. Flora would probably be the most likely candidate though, since Reni's seen enough in Trace's mind to know that she's a good choice.
I have the feeling we all just concentrate too much on the translation part - but why couldnt it be that they would put Natani into the cell as an other "captured Wolf" and try to get more out of him this way - they can translate everything later. Just an idea...

AegisWolf
Traveler

#14 Post by AegisWolf »

OK, this is just hilarious.
:heart: :raine:

yaytime
Apprentice

#15 Post by yaytime »

my Maine problem with this , when Mary was about to look in roses mined the master spy told her but you don't speek keidran and she said "i dont need to" implying the magic will translate or something, so why dose this matter to reni, it must work the same if not better? http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/725/

EDIT
heck zen used a spell to speek human to team b and know what they are saying with out knowing human
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals: