Comic for September 1 2017 - Stove Pot of Coffee

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lightice
Citizen

Re: Comic for September 1 2017 - Stove Pot of Coffee

#16 Post by Lightice »

I wonder if the mansion stocks dragon-sized robes and nightcaps, or if Reni brought them with her. Has Lady Nora been spending nights with Trace? :nora:

Ddraig
Templar Master

#17 Post by Ddraig »

Lightice wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:23 pm I wonder if the mansion stocks dragon-sized robes and nightcaps, or if Reni brought them with her. Has Lady Nora been spending nights with Trace? :nora:
Considering how personally Nora knows Trace (If I had time to look up the panel, I would, but she's blushing when she says that - the first time they meet [again], I think) I imagine so
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Dadrobit »

While I agree that using Natani as a middleman with yet another translator is a tiddly bit awkward, I would also argue that it would make more sense than say just using Keith or Lynn, or anyone else that is multi-lingual in the room.

Not only is Natani the one who is used to the mental intrusions, but is also the one directly connected to the assassin's guild. This could serve as very useful exposition for those that haven't read TDM and need background on Clovis and the gang when Natani explains exactly who he is as Natani is the one most suited for that task.

Even if Keith has to be used as another translator in the line, Natani being the one to directly find out that Clovis is a major player in this would have the best dramatic impact. Compared to say, Keith or Lynn finding out Clovis and mentioning the name for Natani to say, "Wtf? What name did you say?" The others might even overlook Clovis if the adorable wolf assassin pawn happens to know that Brahn is the one Clovis is working with.

'Course, I'm usually wrong about things like this, so yeah, maybe Reni uses someone else, maybe even Rose? Maddie is a longshot choice. And I don't see Flora taking that job...

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#19 Post by CrRAR »

Good page! Now I understand Rose's commitment to the "other guests", after seeing Reni's morning mood the manor may have faced a fiery end had her coffee not been brewed on time. :shock:
Dadrobit wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:39 pmNot only is Natani the one who is used to the mental intrusions, but is also the one directly connected to the assassin's guild. This could serve as very useful exposition for those that haven't read TDM and need background on Clovis and the gang when Natani explains exactly who he is as Natani is the one most suited for that task.
I'm just hoping this isn't some sort of trap for Natani specifically. Mind peeking, wolf keidran, brain links, Carver. All veeeery suspicious.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#20 Post by Hayate »

I love the dragon sized coffee, Rose is so good at her job. I think its a bit odd that Reni can't understand Keidran, but I guess most dragons don't care about humans and keidran anyways so maybe its not that weird. Natani looks so very unimpressed with the scene at the table lol
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Panther
Merchant

#21 Post by Panther »

BadFoMo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:34 pm
Panther wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 pm
Aurora wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:35 pmI just love how Reni is drinking coffee from a huge bowl by lapping it with her tongue like a cat.
One of several issues anthros and scalies have with human made items ................... One of the worse and painful is with tails and doors (;_;)
You simply need to be aware of your personal surroundings, and be extra careful when others are closing the door for you. That's all.
Good point , BadFoMo ; but hard to do
Cyon wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:57 pm
Panther wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 pm Reni is so cute in this outfit , even if i don't understand why she wears a dressing gown : she has nothing to hide ..... ^_^"
She's been reading into the minds of us viewers and is scared of the possible fanservice she may receive...
Too late to worry about it :heart:
By the way : why Reni isn't in the smileys list ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Candycat
Citizen

#22 Post by Candycat »

Omg Reni is so cute I'm going to die :heart:
ImageImage
ImageImage

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by TheMouse »

Reni and I have the same view of mornings.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.