Comic for August 24th, 2017 "Manor Manners"

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

Re: Comic for August 24th, 2017 "Manor Manners"

#31 Post by TorqueEffect »

Lightice wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:22 am
TorqueEffect wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:24 am Maybe, maybe not. I just find it odd that she would pick the other half up and start eating it from the end that isn't torn. Plus it just looks like a complete steak to me anyway.
Silly thing to debate about, but the stake's clearly tearing in the first panel, and Flora rips the top half completely off in the second, holding on to the bottom half. She's eating the meat like a tiger, not like a human; that's kind of the joke.
No I get it, I was just saying that looks like a second steak, looks too big to be the 2nd half of the she tore in half.

I was just implying that she was being a "piggy" with how "much" she is eating, and not "how" she is eating it. :P

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#32 Post by NiWo21k »

Phaing wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 am That does appear to be the case, and thank goodness!!

Rosaly strikes me as someone who could be extremely dangerous, given motive and opportunity.
She IS dangerous! I believe if she could she would try everything to make some lives very miserable. And i think she would try to kill Trace.

But on the other Hand her loyalty/friendship to Saria she never would go that far (that doesnt mean i cant see her putting something like laxative into Traces food :wink: ). I could imagine if she knows whats going on she would in some way break and will scream every bad thing she has went trough in Traces face...
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Lightice
Citizen

#33 Post by Lightice »

TorqueEffect wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 pm No I get it, I was just saying that looks like a second steak, looks too big to be the 2nd half of the she tore in half.
It's a big steak. :wink:
You can see bits of it flying off in the second panel from the force that Flora's tearing it. That's also why the bottom/top edges of it are ragged, while the others are smooth.

HiseyLeSnake
Traveler

#34 Post by HiseyLeSnake »

so im a little lost, why is Reni mad?

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#35 Post by CrRAR »

HiseyLeSnake wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:28 pm so im a little lost, why is Reni mad?
Best case scenario: She's just a grump in the morning and being a ditz again by thinking bad thoughts out loud.
Worst case scenario: Some supernatural force is influencing the manor's guests and erryone's gonna die.
Lightice wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:11 pm
TorqueEffect wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:03 pm No I get it, I was just saying that looks like a second steak, looks too big to be the 2nd half of the she tore in half.
It's a big steak. :wink:
You can see bits of it flying off in the second panel from the force that Flora's tearing it. That's also why the bottom/top edges of it are ragged, while the others are smooth.
Haha, this discussion about the steak eating is amusing. Tattered steak is tattered, yup. Old school Discovery Channel? Have ya watched it? Nope, not the Ice Road Truckers-era garbage.

Caaan't we alllll just agree, DAMN NATURE YOU SCARY!?
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

steelabjur
Council Member

#36 Post by steelabjur »

Schrodinger wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:23 am
Hayate wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:44 am Haha, looks like Reni really isn't really much of a morning dragon, eh? She really does think out loud quite a lot. I like that she has a little nightcap too xD
It also seems I might have been giving Rose's intuition too much credit. She doesn't seem to quite have Trace and Flora figured out. I guess she is still expecting a more harsh (evil) Trace. I wonder how she'll react to the whole amnesia thing, if she finds out.
One last thing; I have literally no idea what Flora was trying to say xD Maybe it was in Keidran lol
We've seen before that Reni has issues filtering her thoughts. I doubt Rose's intuition could possibly prepare her for this unbelievable shift in her employer's demeanor, much less the company he now keeps. And Flora is saying, "That's racist!"
My personal favorite Reni slip up. Which probably went right into Kei's spank bank :p

And yeah, I think Flora is playing up her eating in the second panel in response to Trace's "We're not animals! Oh, wait..." joke, ripping the steak in half and "NOM!" while saying "hey! that's racist!" with her mouth over full and robe in disarray as if to actually prove his point instead. Rose doesn't seem to get the playful interaction though, you can almost feel the sarcasm in her "charming young woman" comment. Having not read the supplementary material, was Trace's wife better comported when she was alive? Him going from dignified company to one with such uncouth manners might be the reason for her wondering what Trace is about.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#37 Post by ZeroJinKui »

steelabjur wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:55 amHim going from dignified company to one with such uncouth manners might be the reason for her wondering what Trace is about.
i thought it might be the fact that he went from a power-crazy racist intent on destroying and/or enslaving keidrans to now being in a loving relationship with one.

she obviously doesn't know what happened to trace and is thinking he's up to something... that's typically what someone means when they ask "what's your game?".

it's an accusation, not a simple query.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#38 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:46 am
Foxx Trotter wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm Manners? What are they? :mrgreen:
Something very delicious :P
(Sorry, had to xD)

I think Rose is either thinking Trace is putting on a show or she currently has no clue what she should think about all this

Also, Flora is absolutely adorable again, as is Reni
What? No chocolate chip? :P
Videre videnda.

Darekun
Traveler

#39 Post by Darekun »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:24 pm that first isolated panel of flora nomming on that steak is so adorable. |D

quite possibly the cutest image in the whole comic.

i kinda want it as an avatar, now, though i haven't the foggiest clue how to make one.
In this case, the forum does its own downsampling as needed, so it's pretty simple:
  1. Use a magic wand tool to select the panel.
  2. Crop to selection.
  3. Save as image.
Also, since I'm not the kind of girl to give half-answers, here:

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#40 Post by TorqueEffect »

Darekun wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:55 am
ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:24 pm that first isolated panel of flora nomming on that steak is so adorable. |D

i kinda want it as an avatar, now, though i haven't the foggiest clue how to make one.
In this case, the forum does its own downsampling as needed, so it's pretty simple:
  2. Crop to selection.
  3. Save as image.
I personally find the magic wand tool to be hit and miss, but I guess it's different depending on the program. I find it in gimp and paint.net to be a bit of a pain.

I just use the basic select tools to make my avatars.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#41 Post by Ddraig »

TorqueEffect wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:07 am
Darekun wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:55 am

2. Crop to selection.
  3. Save as image.
I personally find the magic wand tool to be hit and miss, but I guess it's different depending on the program. I find it in gimp and paint.net to be a bit of a pain.

If it's a PS-line program, the polygonal lasso or the rectangular marquee tools are good for snipping panels
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Darekun
Traveler

#42 Post by Darekun »

TorqueEffect wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:07 amI personally find the magic wand tool to be hit and miss, but I guess it's different depending on the program. I find it in gimp and paint.net to be a bit of a pain.

Well, Photoshop's really proud of its magic wands. I was using GIMP, but yeaaah… I'm a pixel-art girl at heart; what I actually did was zoom in 16× and pick 3 pixels to select that properly straddled the panel, then proceeded to crop-to-select. When recommending, though, I figure my audience is lazy and tolerates sloppiness in the result, not that they too are programmers who've been doing pixel art since before Photoshop even existed :mrgrin:

That said, I just tried again using the Fuzzy Select Tool in GIMP, and it stably gets results within a few pixels of mine with a nice round Threshold of 16.

Aurora
Citizen

#43 Post by Aurora »

LOL! I just noticed that Flora's robe is coming off one shoulder. ... And more. :grin:

Lightice
Citizen

#44 Post by Lightice »

Aurora wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:27 pm LOL! I just noticed that Flora's robe is coming off one shoulder. ... And more. :grin:
It's not even a real robe, it's just a sheet loosely thrown over her shoulders. :flora:

Panther
Merchant

#45 Post by Panther »

OMG

I love Reni with a night cap :heart:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani: