Comic for August 24th, 2017 "Manor Manners"

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lightice
Citizen

Re: Comic for August 24th, 2017 "Manor Manners"

#16 Post by Lightice »

TorqueEffect wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:46 pm Flora just "chowing down" and is the another complete steak in her mouth in the last panel? Well I guess she is eating for two, and she hasn't had a whole lot to eat lately.
Nope, she's tearing the steak in half in her teeth, like a proper predator. That piece of cooked meat never stood a chance!

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#17 Post by TorqueEffect »

Lightice wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:51 pm
TorqueEffect wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:46 pm Flora just "chowing down" and is the another complete steak in her mouth in the last panel? Well I guess she is eating for two, and she hasn't had a whole lot to eat lately.
Nope, she's tearing the steak in half in her teeth, like a proper predator. That piece of cooked meat never stood a chance!
Maybe, maybe not. I just find it odd that she would pick the other half up and start eating it from the end that isn't torn. Plus it just looks like a complete steak to me anyway.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#18 Post by Hayate »

Haha, looks like Reni really isn't really much of a morning dragon, eh? She really does think out loud quite a lot. I like that she has a little nightcap too xD
It also seems I might have been giving Rose's intuition too much credit. She doesn't seem to quite have Trace and Flora figured out. I guess she is still expecting a more harsh (evil) Trace. I wonder how she'll react to the whole amnesia thing, if she finds out.
One last thing; I have literally no idea what Flora was trying to say xD Maybe it was in Keidran lol
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

morpheuskibbe

#19 Post by morpheuskibbe »

its unclear how much rose knows about their relationship, the whole 'whats your game' means she knows SOMETHINGs up between them but not what

Basically I'm hoping for a scene of

Rose: Sir, if you don't mind me asking, what is Trace's relationship with the tigress?
Keith: oh she's his fiancé
Rose: O.O *queue spaze fest*

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#20 Post by Schrodinger »

Hayate wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:44 am Haha, looks like Reni really isn't really much of a morning dragon, eh? She really does think out loud quite a lot. I like that she has a little nightcap too xD
It also seems I might have been giving Rose's intuition too much credit. She doesn't seem to quite have Trace and Flora figured out. I guess she is still expecting a more harsh (evil) Trace. I wonder how she'll react to the whole amnesia thing, if she finds out.
One last thing; I have literally no idea what Flora was trying to say xD Maybe it was in Keidran lol
We've seen before I doubt Rose's intuition could possibly prepare her for this unbelievable shift in her employer's demeanor, much less the company he now keeps. By the way, Flora is saying, "That's racist!"
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#21 Post by Schrodinger »

Hayate wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:44 am Haha, looks like Reni really isn't really much of a morning dragon, eh? She really does think out loud quite a lot. I like that she has a little nightcap too xD
We've seen before that Reni has issues filtering her thoughts. I doubt Rose's intuition could possibly prepare her for this unbelievable shift in her employer's demeanor, much less the company he now keeps. And Flora is saying, "That's racist!"
What was it the spider said to the fly...

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#22 Post by CrRAR »

Reading over the page again, does it strike anyone else as odd how shocking the premise of eating with Trace & Co. seems to Rose?
Roselyn wrote:"I... can't"
WHAT!? You... "can't"? The dialog before that makes it even weirder, like I can see if it has to do with Trace's past and him being innocent now suggesting naively with a "Yeah?"...but I'm sitting here like, "Can she... not eat!?" :shock:

The delivery is just really odd, and it appears that way on purpose. There's a slight reddening of her cheek there too...just the weirdest mix of signals going on. Is it her history with Saria or maybe it's just that as a service person that is just not proper in any way, shape, or form? Perhaps part of the "Manor Manners"? Hmm.

Down the rabbit hole we gooooooooooooooooo
Can't wait until the skeletons come dancing out of the closets
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#23 Post by Cosmacelf »

Actually, aren't Trace and Flora more than fiancées? As far as they are concerned (with the Subtle flowers, twice), they are married, aren't they? Trace seemed to confirm this too recently when he called Flora, Duchess Trace.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#24 Post by NiWo21k »

I like how surprised Rosaly is from Traces question - so she still believes he is the same person who left the last time and is somehow convinced he is putting up an act?

But Reni steals the show with her entry :mrgrin:
Just knowing how Nora always acts like a all and mighty dragon (this isnt meant negative) and then seeing this prinzess not beeing a morning person (or normaly always sleeping and never have to fight) is just to much. She should get her own story in the future :grin:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Phaing
Master

#25 Post by Phaing »

NiWo21k wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:27 am I like how surprised Rosaly is from Traces question - so she still believes he is the same person who left the last time and is somehow convinced he is putting up an act?

That does appear to be the case, and thank goodness!!

Rosaly strikes me as someone who could be extremely dangerous, given motive and opportunity.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

NuclearBird
Master

#26 Post by NuclearBird »

Poor Reni. She's just a neverending fountain of awkward moments.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Lightice
Citizen

#27 Post by Lightice »

TorqueEffect wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:24 am Maybe, maybe not. I just find it odd that she would pick the other half up and start eating it from the end that isn't torn. Plus it just looks like a complete steak to me anyway.
Silly thing to debate about, but the stake's clearly tearing in the first panel, and Flora rips the top half completely off in the second, holding on to the bottom half. She's eating the meat like a tiger, not like a human; that's kind of the joke.
CrRAR wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 am Reading over the page again, does it strike anyone else as odd how shocking the premise of eating with Trace & Co. seems to Rose?
I don't think so? Rose just seems shocked that Trace would do something so outlandish as inviting a servant to dine with him, against all etiquette, and his prior personality. I took the blush to be just embarrassment for an embarrassing suggestion.

Zobot

#28 Post by Zobot »

Rani's sleep stocking is STUNNING.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#29 Post by Neutral Smith »

I might see things that aren't there, but I like the subtle wording.
Reni wrote:Grraawr~! Lousy sun… Lousy wolves… Lousy war… All a bunch of…
And I thought it was just a minor uprising of the wolves. But if someone as (relative) powerful as Reni refers to it as a war, not as a conflict...

And the door slamming was Roselyn leaving and entering Reni's quarters to give her something to eat. While Reni was radiating her rants about wolves.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#30 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Foxx Trotter wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:38 pm Manners? What are they? :mrgreen:
Something very delicious :P
(Sorry, had to xD)

I think Rose is either thinking Trace is putting on a show or she currently has no clue what she should think about all this

Also, Flora is absolutely adorable again, as is Reni
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now