Comic for August 2, 2017: Shedding Secrets

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

Comic for August 2, 2017: Shedding Secrets

#1 Post by TorqueEffect »

Love that little extra added detail where a bunch of shedded fur flies off her when she is startled by Rose. :grin:

Super cute page. :flora:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for August 2, 2017: Shedding Secrets

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Rose is a bit like an Igor, always popping up in places just to scare her masters.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#3 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Pretty sure Rose has already figured them out.

Also, Floras priceless reaction in the last panel, just pure gold xD :flora:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#4 Post by TorqueEffect »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:16 am Rose is a bit like an Igor, always popping up in places just to scare her masters.
Makes sense I can totally see Rose doing something like this. But maybe not singing. lol She seems too old an uptight to do that anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nt0pP8dYVI

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#5 Post by BadFoMo »

Insert obligatory affection for Flora's reaction and Roselyn's unfazed look in the last panel here.

Anyway, is it just me, or does anyone else find it interesting that Trace didn't remember her name, but Flora did? I think I can live with that being chalked up to Trace being horrible with names and possibly Flora having a ‘Keidran bond’ (for lack of a better term) with Roselyn.

P.S. Did this get updated before I got here? Also, why in the name of all that is decent was the stream for this at around midnight!?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#6 Post by TorqueEffect »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:20 pm Insert obligatory affection for Flora's reaction and Roselyn's unfazed look in the last panel here.

Anyway, is it just me, or does anyone else find it interesting that Trace didn't remember her name, but Flora did? I think I can live with that being chalked up to Trace being horrible with names and possibly Flora having a ‘Keidran bond’ (for lack of a better term) with Roselyn.

P.S. Did this get updated before I got here? Also, why in the name of all that is decent was the stream for this at around midnight!?
There was a stream? I only saw that Tom put up the page at like 4am EST, if he streamed he didn't mention on Patreon or his Twitter.

As for the whole name thing, I don't think there is really too much meaning behind it. Like you said, probably just bad with names. I know I am. lol
Women do tend to have better memory for those kinds of things.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

To answer Flora's question for this instance: Stress.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#8 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Just like Reni, I don't think you're gonna be able to hide much from Rose.
Videre videnda.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#9 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Ha! I agree with everyone who said this: that last panel was priceless!

Not to mention, I almost forgot about how Rose had done that at least once before in this chapter: when she startled Eric with the "I tend to think I still am" remark. That was pretty interesting.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Dadrobit »

Sooooo, if we're back at the estate and some amount of time has passed, place your bets on whether or not we get to see the adorable wolf terrorist that's holed up in the estate dungeon again and whether or not he knows anything about or is affiliated with Carver's current operation.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#11 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Heh, only just noticed that Rose startled Flora so much that she lost some hair again xD
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by TheMouse »

Rosslyn has mastered the fine art of the unobtrusive entrance. Like Igor always being behind you when you speak his name.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#13 Post by Elemental Templar »

Now that we're back at the Estate and with dialogue between Trace and Flora, I can't but wonder something kinda important (Granted this may seem just a little off topic but I feel like we may get a flashback or two):

Did Rose actually know that Euchre fell in love with Mary? If so it would kinda make sense how she's able to accept an inter-species couple, I think it's pretty obvious she accepts the relationship giving how she didn't object to them sharing a room; but unless she'd either seen or heard of another example I don't think she would've accepted as well as she seems to have here.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

AegisWolf
Traveler

#14 Post by AegisWolf »

TheMouse wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:24 pm Rosslyn has mastered the fine art of the unobtrusive entrance. Like Igor always being behind you when you speak his name.
Actually, she reminds me more of Frau Blücher. (Horses whinny panickedly in the distance)
:heart: :raine:

Ddraig
Templar Master

#15 Post by Ddraig »

Elemental Templar wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:36 pm Now that we're back at the Estate and with dialogue between Trace and Flora, I can't but wonder something kinda important (Granted this may seem just a little off topic but I feel like we may get a flashback or two):

Did Rose actually know that Euchre fell in love with Mary? If so it would kinda make sense how she's able to accept an inter-species couple, I think it's pretty obvious she accepts the relationship giving how she didn't object to them sharing a room; but unless she'd either seen or heard of another example I don't think she would've accepted as well as she seems to have here.
I get the "Grandmother who has seen pretty much everything and realizes it'll happen" vibe more than the "Close-minded old lady" vibe from Rose. I imagine her reaction to finding out about TracexFlora (assuming she hasn't already figured it out, which I wouldn't be at all surprised by) would be more along the lines of her reaction to Nat/Keith and organizing their "separate" rooms.

Also, is the pregnancy starting to make Flora's chest fill out finally? Panel 2, for reference
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."