PhotoBucket shenanigans affecting .sig graphics

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

PhotoBucket shenanigans affecting .sig graphics

#1 Post by SpottedKitty »

I just noticed the graphics in my .sig got hit by the Great PhotoBucket Shoot-in-the-Foot. Did anyone archive the "favourite characters" bars anywhere else?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: PhotoBucket shenanigans affecting .sig graphics

#2 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Well, if you right-click the photobucket alert, it still gives you the link to the image, so you can save it and upload it somewhere else (I advise getting the creator's permission first). That's what I did with all my images, I put them in my DeviantArt Sta.sh (as I used photobucket to store images I only wanted a select few to see, like everyone here for my sprites, Sta.sh keeps everything private unless a link is given/3rd party hosting)

EDIT: It seems to have only worked for the Flora one for me, not the Natani. I go to the photobucket link for Flora and I see Flora on Photobucket, but the Natani link shows me the alert as well

Darekun
Traveler

#3 Post by Darekun »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 amEDIT: It seems to have only worked for the Flora one for me, not the Natani. I go to the photobucket link for Flora and I see Flora on Photobucket, but the Natani link shows me the alert as well
If you go to the image on Photobucket, right-click | View Image, and then hit reload, it will reload the image without losing the Referrer header(which is what Photobucket uses to decide to break images).

That said, I'm not that girl who gives fractional answers, so I've temporarily buffered those two bars here:
Flora-bar0.jpg
Natani-bar0.jpg
I will take these down at some point(probably the next time I reorganize that dir, which may be soon), so please archive them to your HD, then link them/upload them to a better image-hosting service :J

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#4 Post by Foxx Trotter »

FYI: There is already a similar thread about this in the 'Tech Board' section. :wink:

I deleted my Photobucket account completely after they pulled that garbage.
Videre videnda.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by SpottedKitty »

Foxx Trotter wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm FYI: There is already a similar thread about this in the 'Tech Board' section. :wink:
Thanks, I had a hunt around for relevant threads to join when I noticed the image glitching, but I didn't notice that one.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery