The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Comic for July 19, 2017: Carver's True Nature

#1 Post by NiWo21k »

Sketch

So the foxes or better one specific one - are still after our famous assasin duo, could get interesting when they meet again :wink:

I was a little bit confused first when Raine said that she could see who he is, but then i rememberd that she saw through Zens cover - just curious why it took her a while this time.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Comic for July 14, 2017: Carver's True Nature

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Huh. When I first read this, I didn't see the part about Carver being a Fox Keidran coming. But I do have a feeling we know exactly who his boss is...
Spoiler!
(Clovis!)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Cyon »

ThunderVolt wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 pm If we're gonna get Clovis in the comic, I'd be legit surprised.
It's been hinted at all along, and we've even had a glimpse of the man himself... and unless you deny that that's him in that page, it's certain he's bound to show up soon.
ThunderVolt wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 pm Either way, though, I do think Carver looks good as a fox.
Hehe on point
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

NiWo21k
Merchant

#4 Post by NiWo21k »

ThunderVolt wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 pm Also, when did :raine: get the glowy eyes and have the ability to do that?
It was first shown when Zen attacked the group - she just transformed in her Keidran form and going back to the camp she saw through Zens disguise.

After that it wasnt mentioned until now. And i think the glowing eyes were an effekt Tom added to make it a little more clear that she is now using this abillity.

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Dadrobit »

Damnit... I almost called this...

Back when we had this page, I looked at Raine's expression, I thought to myself, "Huh, that looks kinda sorta like how she looked back on this page. Maybe this guy is pulling a Zen and is using some illusion?"

"But, nawwww, couldn't be..."

So close, yet so far...

Anywho, it'll be fun to see how this turns out. Interesting to note the allowance of Foxes in the guild with Clovis's opinions of them. Five bucks Zen brings it up in an attempt to sway Carver. :mrgrin:

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#6 Post by Foxx Trotter »

The next few pages will be quite interesting... :mrgreen: We shall wait and see.

I'd have to agree with the majority on Clovis...especially with the use of the word "their" in the last panel.
Videre videnda.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#7 Post by BadFoMo »

Am I allowed to say ‘I called it’ during the stream when I more or less said;
For one of his short stories, BadFoMo wrote:Zen: What you want with me?!
Carver: …No one just simply walks away from our guild.

I also had another idea that Carver's capturing or killing Zen was an initiation test (or the mission to cement their membership after having reread the linked page) into The Brotherhood. I would find that one amusing if it was later revealed that Issac was another former member and his death was the initiation test for Zen and Natani.

P.S. [troll]July 14? How long has this page been up without our knowledge?[/troll]
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

NiWo21k
Merchant

#8 Post by NiWo21k »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 pm I also had another idea that Carver's capturing or killing Zen was an initiation test (or the mission to cement their membership after having reread the linked page) into The Brotherhood. I would find that one amusing if it was later revealed that Issac was another former member and his death was the initiation test for Zen and Natani.
I think if this would be true this would be one of the best reveals :mrgreen:

Guildmaster: Your task as an initiation test "Kill the Assassin Brothers"
Member: Arent these the most feared ones in this guild?
GM: Yes - and there fore truly a mission to show what you can do.
M: Why these two?
GM: Because they are so absolutly irritating!
BadFoMo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 pm P.S. [troll]July 14? How long has this page been up without our knowledge?[/troll]
Ok i just copied the title (Tom still hasnt seen it on the main page - but he is on his way to Comic-Con) - i have to admit, i never look at the date, only at the name - but i fixed it - better now :wink:

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Re: Comic for July 19, 2017: Carver's True Nature

#9 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

oh sweet, I can't wait to see Zen and Natani interact with Clovis again!!

vevans0009
New Citizen

#10 Post by vevans0009 »

Hate when people using optical illusions. Its a sign of weakness and fear. >8(

amenon
Grand Templar

#11 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 pm Damnit... I almost called this...
That's an awesome call to have almost made :o I'll give you like 80% credit.

Okay, so this one kicked my brain into gear.

Spoilers for TDM:

Spoiler!
First thought: This is probably indirect confirmation that Clovis' new trinket has to do with undoing the curse on him (to exactly nobody's surprise.)
  • Why did Clovis not act against the Magi Bros after TDM? Because he probably (incorrectly, I think) assumes that Nora clued Natani in on the deal, making it mutually assured destruction
  • Why is he free to act now? Because shouting CLOVIS IS A GIRL isn't going to work anymore
First and a halfth thought: Well, maybe being in the guild protected them, as the page kinda suggests?
  • Doesn't fly because Clovis had no compunctions about acting against them during TDM itself. The only thing that changed was the curse.

Second thought: Why does Clovis know where to look for Zen?
  • It now seems overwhelmingly likely that Nibbly is, in fact, one of Brahn's daughter's minions
  • Related thought: We specifically saw the cat look in on Natani/Keith, which may or may not be a coincidence.
  • But why would Brahn and Clovis be sharing information about this? How could that come up? Feels a little iffy. Possible, but does not seem like a natural assumption to me unless there's something I'm missing.
  • So perhaps Nibbly belongs to some keidran mage instead, affiliated with either Clovis directly, or the guild (to keep tabs on Zen, for his Last Chance mission.) (Automatic guess: Carver himself.)
  • Alternatively, Clovis could have some completely independent way of keeping track of them, and could have even felt the momentary activation of the link the previous night. Also feels somewhat unlikely, but not impossible.

Chiling thought: Clovis is a very credible threat to Zen and Natani. Tom, you officially have me worried.

Not spoilers for TDM:

Probably covered in a previous thread by somebody, but I'm assuming the barrier generator is, in fact, physically inside the barrier, and that's why Carver is distracting them while (presumably) backup arrives.

If Raine's ability is somehow unique, and not just very unusual / a manifestation of having absolute assloads of latent talent, then it's massively too convenient, both now, and earlier with Zen, and will require some kind of justification beyond 'the plot demanded it.' (Much like her's/Euchre's transformation ability. I guess if they are unique, they could at least be part of the same package.)

(Sorry for any retreading, I haven't read any of the recent threads)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by SpottedKitty »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm oh sweet, I can't wait to see Zen and Natani interact with Clovis again!!
They're free of his magical hack into their link now, aren't they? He'd better hope that "interaction" doesn't come in the form of sharp pointy objects... :shock:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#13 Post by Schrodinger »

SpottedKitty wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:47 pm oh sweet, I can't wait to see Zen and Natani interact with Clovis again!!
They're free of his magical hack into their link now, aren't they? He'd better hope that "interaction" doesn't come in the form of sharp pointy objects... :shock:
Nora severed that connection, so any interaction the two would have would be in person or by proxy.

Raine immediately seeing through the illusion makes me thing that it's the exact same spell that Zen (by proxy of Natani) used earlier which makes me think that it's one taught by the Assassin's Guild. Tom's gone on record that Keidran do not have schools for mages hence why Euchre used his skills to join the Templar college. Even so, it would make sense that guilds like the Assassins would compile useful spells and tricks to teach their members.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#14 Post by CrRAR »

Dadrobit wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 pm Damnit... I almost called this...

"But, nawwww, couldn't be..."
I myself pondered on Carver's face dimples (which by the way make him look like he has two faces) a few days ago, I had a strong callback to this page here and how Raine's face kind of was bulging from transforming.

I too just thought I was too far out in left field at the time. Tom's a verry, verry sneaky sir.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#15 Post by Hayate »

Wow, I really didn't see this coming at all! Its pretty interesting though. So Carver is likely in leagues with Clovis, damn i really need to read TDM xD. They still have to figure out where the barrier is coming from. If it were a Keidran I feel like it would take a lot of mana crystals to keep it going. My bets on some kind of object inside the barrier still.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--