The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

Comic for July 13, 2017: Raine's Rumination

#1 Post by FrogSteaks »

Sketch page here

Raine's Rumination

Looks like Raine thinks there's more to this than what Carver is letting on. She does have a point though, that's quite a large barrier for a group of their size...
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Nova
New Citizen

Re: Comic for July 13, 2017: Raine's Rumination

#2 Post by Nova »

Good page, looks nice and is interesting. :)

Mh, what is it? The only really strong magical item I know is that flawless crystal amulet from page 946... but... could that be the source of the barrier? Don't think so...

JayJayForce
Citizen

#3 Post by JayJayForce »

Yeah, like I thought. Things just don't add up with what Carver said. Either he's lying or an idiot who was lied to about the spells effects. I'm thinking the former, but then what is really going on? Was he simply trying to get them to surrender quickly? Does he even want to take them? :?

Also Snowball, that's Raines' new nickname :raine: :D~ :mrgrin:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

Nova wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 pmMh, what is it? The only really strong magical item I know is that flawless crystal amulet from page 946... but... could that be the source of the barrier? Don't think so...
Maybe my moronic theory holds water after all?

Also, Zen seems to be undoing his bindings.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

CagedTheCactus

#5 Post by CagedTheCactus »

Does anyone else think that Zen is trying to untie himself from the ropes? In the fourth panel we see apparent movement, and as well a lead coming from his wrists that hasn't been shown before. I have a feeling that if he does untie himself, he'll be able to get the magic suppressor off and contact Natani, bringing groups A and B together.
(Edit: BadFoMo beat me to it.)

As for Carver, what if he wasn't the one putting up the barrier but rather happened to stumble upon it and use it as a way to gain prestige by "capturing" some wolves? It would fit with his lazy, laid-back attitude and apparent unawareness of the size of the barrier's implication on the "running out of air" threat. He hasn't said that he'd bring in either the Templar or the regular human army, so what is he doing with such a powerful magical phenomenon?
Making stuff, well, that's one thing. Making that stuff work, though, that's something totally different.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#6 Post by CrRAR »

"That's Ms. Snowball to you pal!" *Grrr* (I would have went with 'snowfloof', but hey, Carver's his own man)

Raine coming through with all her book smarts! Murderin' the opposition with knowledge.

I'm just holding my breath that in retaliation for their INSOLENCE Carver doesn't shrink the bubble making the situation a bit more...squishy. "Ohh, you want a smaller bubble, hm?". Hopefully he's just as foolish as Raine has inferred.

Oh, and lastly, Karen, bless your heart. Persevere my dear! :karen:
CagedTheCactus wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:16 pmDoes anyone else think that Zen is trying to untie himself from the ropes?
I am surprised Carver did not make a snarky mention of already doing some dirty work of restraining one of the wolves or something. lol

I just hope Zen doesn't try to get revenge for Red smacking him on the back of the head...and taking all his clothes...and tying him up...and cutting him off from Natani. Jeez. I hope everyone can get along.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Meribah
Citizen

#7 Post by Meribah »

Ah, Raine, the voice of reason in a crazy world. :raine: And gotta love Karen. Everything she does is cute and zany. You keep being you, cupcake! :karen: :)

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#8 Post by TorqueEffect »

Woo! Go Snowball!

Also obligatory. https://youtu.be/waLxMl6K3zA?t=22s

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#9 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Go, Raine. :raine:

Karen will be Karen. :karen:

The suspense continues...

TorqueEffect wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:24 pm Also obligatory. https://youtu.be/waLxMl6K3zA?t=22s
Hehe. :mrgrin:
Videre videnda.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#10 Post by Hayate »

Hehehe, Snowball, I love it xD

Raine seems to have a pretty good idea about whats going on here, despite not being overly proficient with magic herself. I am kinda getting the feeling she may have seen or heard of this guy or this kind of barrier before.

Also, looks like Zen may have gotten himself untied...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by SpottedKitty »

<snrk> It's not just that Karen's acting up and nearly knocking herself out — it's that she's doing all that and no-one's taking any notice of her. :P :karen: :P
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

CrRAR wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 pmI just hope Zen doesn't try to get revenge for Red smacking him on the back of the head...and taking all his clothes...and tying him up...and cutting him off from Natani. Jeez. I hope everyone can get along.
You know, that just gave me a very terrible idea.

Carver: Alright, so you're not going to run out of air anytime soon. But unless you packed other than sleeping bags and tents, you could die of starvation or dehydration in a couple days. However, I could be persuaded to take down the barrier for one of you.
[Database error]: And why would you do that?
Maren: Wait, why only one of us?
Carver: Because the others won't have to need to go anywhere anymore. If you all think my offer is unreasonable, I suggest you take another look at your prisoner. It looks as if he's getting ready to take up such an offer.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#13 Post by TorqueEffect »

This Carver guy looks too much like the completely incompetent dragon obsessed chick. Probably brother and sister maybe?

Maybe Carver was/is part of their group, hence the Colleges comment from the last page, but maybe he is only slightly less incompetent than they are. lol

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#14 Post by ZeroJinKui »

carver has to be part of that group... i mean, he looks just as colorful and idiotic.

he's also just as cocky and annoying as seraphina.

karen is being as adorable as ever, of course. :karen:

i wonder what zen is up to... and what will happen if he removes that device that severed his and natani's connection?

it worries me because of the progress keith and natani have made since the severed connection... zen is gonna ruin everything!
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by BadJoke »

Well found Raine! Through that results in even more questions:
How did he do it? Did he managed to sneak into the camp (past two wolves and an assassin) to put a device of sorts?
Or is that bubble a natural thing for the hot spring?
And natural or not, why is he pretending? Why doesn't he try to make them surrender? It would be more logic, having them locked for a long time will just bring him problems... unless he is waiting for reinforcements. That would explain why he isn't on a hurry. And that means group B is still in danger and has to get out fast.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.