Comic for July 8, 2017: Carver

#1 Post by Foxx Trotter »

The wolf hunt continues, I see. Tom also needs to update the date. :mrgreen:
Videre videnda.

Qwe304
Citizen

Comic for July 8, 2017: Carver

#2 Post by Qwe304 »

Oh my, seems team b has made a new enemy.

and he seems to recognize red.

also tom accidentally wrote the date for this comic as 7/5 instead of 7/8 S:P
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

yaytime
Apprentice

Re: Comic for July 8, 2017: Carver

#3 Post by yaytime »

looks to me like raine has noticed something, maybe everyone favourite squirrel.
it also seems this carver thinks one/ones of the group is worth a bit to some one, could this be magic using or ones friendly with humans?

EDIT

Why do i get the feeling that this new villain is selling wolfs on the black market as sex slaves after all the wolfs where imprisoned?
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Oh, I know that look on Raine's face. It's the face of someone who has an idea. Now, what could that idea be?

My theory: she borrows back her magic suppressor and confuses this Carver character out of his skull by turning into a human, causing him to lose concentration and drop the barrier.

But that's just my idea, I could be wrong. (Probably will be, but...)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

Red just mentioned that he flunked out of the Templar, so Carver mentioning it doesn't mean he knows him. I kind of doubt it myself.
This guy doesn't seem like a Templar either, at least none we've seen so far. Most of the Templar seem Rather aloof and distant, talking down to non-Templars in a sort of superior, patronizing way. This guy is just acting like a complete [censored]. Sure Templar will kill and torture those they deem beneath them, but we've always seen them as cold and calculating, even when they're driven by revenge and anger. Carver seems to be enjoying this too much.

Also, by "certain wolves", he could mean a number of things. I guess we'll have to find out which later.

And yes, either Raine has just seen something or perhaps thought of something.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#6 Post by Hayate »

Oh my, new bad guy! So I guess he plans to suffocate them in there? That's gonna take awhile, especially since there are plants and stuff in there with them. I wonder what Raine is noticing, or maybe just scared at the thought of slowly dying... It does seem terrifying to me...

Whats up with this guy's hair style? At first glance I was scared that he was some kind of shapeshifter that used to be Nibbly, but it doesn't look too similar at a second look.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Dadrobit »

Hayate wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:18 am
Whats up with this guy's hair style? At first glance I was scared that he was some kind of shapeshifter that used to be Nibbly, but it doesn't look too similar at a second look.
My guess? (Emphasis on guess)

He's an ardakist, or a wannabe like the mercenary group that Keith and co. fought earlier. He's likely related to them in some way considering his mention of inept "colleagues". The hair is cut perfectly to attach the horns like Sarah. Similar color scheme as well.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#8 Post by Hayate »

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:17 am
Hayate wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:18 amWhats up with this guy's hair style? At first glance I was scared that he was some kind of shapeshifter that used to be Nibbly, but it doesn't look too similar at a second look.
He's an ardakist, or a wannabe like the mercenary group that Keith and co. fought earlier. He's likely related to them in some way considering his mention of inept "colleagues". The hair is cut perfectly to attach the horns like Sarah. Similar color scheme as well.
Oh hey, that's smart! I bet you are right. They may have quite a fight on their hands then, if they can even get out... Well if he's an Adrakist then my bet is on Nibbly saving them on account of her really being a dragon!
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#9 Post by CrRAR »

Ohhhh, I can just hear this Carver kid's pompous prep boy attitude through his dialog.

Let's go Team B! Put those heads together and embarrass this twerp.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#10 Post by Ddraig »

Hayate wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:18 am Oh my, new bad guy! So I guess he plans to suffocate them in there? That's gonna take awhile, especially since there are plants and stuff in there with them. I wonder what Raine is noticing, or maybe just scared at the thought of slowly dying... It does seem terrifying to me...

If not for the fireball, I could guarantee they had weeks at the least, even without plants. I initially thought they'd be in trouble, but to be honest, I think the plants will be more than enough to keep them around indefinitely. Assuming that tree in the blast panel is ~25ft tall (not absurd and probably a little low, tbh) then there'd be enough grass alone to support 12 people indefinitely.

Dadrobit wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:17 am
Hayate wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:18 am

idk, he seems to prefer feathers to scales.

WAIT. Seraphina was Fire, Landen was earth (tree), Sealeen was water, so Carver must be the missing air - and he's feathery, so a bird theme would fit.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#11 Post by Cosmacelf »

In his big speech, Carver implies strongly that he is a Templar as well, but I agree, he doesn't act or look like one.

It cannot be a coincidence that Mrs. Nibbly is absent.

Many ways to get out. They could take the shackle off Zen and he could then call for help.

It will indeed be fun watching Carver's comeuppance.

And good one Ddraig, Carver is probably part of the same mercenary group as the other three. He even refers to them (I think) dismissively as "er, colleagues"

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#12 Post by SirJahar »

Just going to say it. This guy needs a good punch in the face.

I do like his design though. I emphasizes his douchiness.

Oh, and it also seems to suggest his dome isn't as solid as it would seem if they can hear him just fine through it, instead of the muffled sounds of talking through a wall.

steelabjur
Council Member

#13 Post by steelabjur »

From what he says it's easy to assume he's a Templar, but his outfit doesn't match any Templar we've seen in the comic so far. The feathers remind me of the Tiger diplomats, maybe he's a rogue who works for them, or is a Tiger pulling the same trick the Wolf "Templar" did in the city? He seems to know the area too (he went to the hot springs because he thought it the perfect place to find missing wolves).

Qwe304
Citizen

#14 Post by Qwe304 »

I think Tom forgot trees make oxygen.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Nova
New Citizen

#15 Post by Nova »

Carver says "colleagues", so either they are not really colleagues, or not anymore - so Carver was templar in the past, or he just also has learned magic, without templar schooling.
He surely just heard Red talking, so we can't say if they know each other. Probably not.

The most important part is Raine saying "... Huh..." - what does that mean? Either she noticed something special about what Carver did say or she sees something special.
  • what did Carver say? He hoped that they won't notice the barrier until it's too late, but they did notice it too soon. Um, why? He did capture them inside, so it's not really too late. What does he mean? Maybe they should only notice it when the air starts running out. Hm, doesn't sound right. Even when the grass and trees are not enough to replenish the oxygen, it will take a very long time for the air to run out. Until then the group will surely already have tried to leave the area - like they did now. Carver should have known that.
  • when she sees something - what exactly?
    • Mrs. Nibbly. Maybe. Don't think so. What exactly should she do to help Group B? Annoy Carver? That won't help them, because the barrier can't be broken by that - otherwhise it would also be gone when Carver goes to sleep. But she could find some kind of "magic thingy" which produces this barrier and destroy / deactivate it.
    • Carver himself. Maybe Raine knows him. There's still much unexplored time in her past, so she could know him. To be honest, I like this possibility the most, but I don't think that this will be the solution. ^^
His haircut and clothes just seem "normal", at least for the comic. That "one half of the head shorn" is a haircut. A pretty "special" haircut, but nothing which does have to say something like "I'm an Adrakist".
I also don't think he is together with the other mercenary group. Seraphina was pretty skilled with her fire magic, so it would not fit to say that she also can't use magic like Red. (At least if it is magic.)