Comic for July 5, 2017: When in Doubt, Blow it up

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hayate
The Hidden User

Comic for July 5, 2017: When in Doubt, Blow it up

#1 Post by Hayate »

Well, that could have gone better...
I didn't think Red was much of a magic user, but I guess I wasn't wrong haha. Looks like they are totally trapped though. I feel like it might have something more to do with the weird spring/pond more than someone actually trying to trap them. Unless it is Nibbly... I could see that too :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Re: Comic for July 5, 2017: When in Doubt, Blow it up

#2 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Hayate wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:29 amI didn't think Red was much of a magic user, but I guess I wasn't wrong haha.
According to Tom in the stream chat, it's literally the only spell he knows. And...
Tom wrote:The red-haired guy only knows one spell. And it's not really a spell, he's just casting wrong. He collects energy and then releases it without a spell prepared. And he calls it a spell. He's basically using mana burn as a weapon.
So, yeah. Red kinda sucks at magic.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#3 Post by GaySailors »

I'm honestly interested in where this is going. Lots of possibilities. I think it should be remembered that the chapter page has a certain "Beware of Wolfs" sign. Being around a magical spring doesn't help. They could be boxed in by the guards from the city, maybe the wolves, or maybe some sort of Templar. Or it could just be something to do with the springs and maybe Mrs. Nibbly... :squirrel:

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Him »

I expected only this much from you, Red.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#5 Post by NiWo21k »

Why am i not surprised that this is the spell he somehow knows - but even with destruction he has his problems, he should have stayed with the other thing he did :wink:

I like the effekt ob the blast and the way Tom drew the barrier, and i see i was wrong with my assumption last page, thought the barrier went the other way. That its so small and local can mean that it was a trap, :squirrel: really is behind it (what i kinda doubt - it would be to obvious), or at least she was partialy involved, because the creator has to do with her. Or they stumbled upon another dragon...(in doubt its always a dragon behind it :wink: )
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Nova
New Citizen

#6 Post by Nova »

"When in Doubt, Blow it up" << Yep! :)

Hm, that barrier takes a lot of magic according to Raine, so... group of templars, templar tower, or very strong magic source (like a Dragon, a mask, or someone like Trace with full magic power). Sounds promising, can't wait for more! :)
But the most promising source of that is something else: Do you remember why the stones of the hot spring were floating? Because the spring is a place where magic comes from the ground and is "released". See page 952. No idea what exactly uses that energy for this barrier. (I don't think of Mrs. Nibbly as anything else than an ordinary squirrle, so nope, she's not the actor. :P )

Darekun
Traveler

#7 Post by Darekun »

Hm. Could Red draw a bunch of mana, and then pass it to Raine? "Be her crystal"?

…Aaand now I'm imagining a necklace of friends. Adorable :heart:

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#8 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

I guess it blew up in his face ^^

And why does the page title remind me of the Mythbusters? :P

Red - "Am I missing ... an eyebrow?"

Maren - "Ugh" *facepalm*
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#9 Post by tony1695 »

Tom wrote:The red-haired guy only knows one spell. And it's not really a spell, he's just casting wrong. He collects energy and then releases it without a spell prepared. And he calls it a spell. He's basically using mana burn as a weapon.
Well, if it works. His entire combat style seems to be based on getting as close as possible. And, properly directed or not, that much magic in your face is gonna hurt.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Warrl
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Warrl »

Nova wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:07 am (I don't think of Mrs. Nibbly as anything else than an ordinary squirrle, so nope, she's not the actor. :P )
She is not an ordinary squirrel.

Of course, she could just be a tame squirrel who's used to being a pet of large predators. That's seriously not ordinary for a squirrel.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#11 Post by ZeroJinKui »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:47 am
Hayate wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:29 amI didn't think Red was much of a magic user, but I guess I wasn't wrong haha.
According to Tom in the stream chat, it's literally the only spell he knows. And...
so red sucks and is completely useless along with being prejudiced?

why is he even here? :?

comic relief, i guess... making us laugh at him is about the only purpose he serves, i suppose. :|

i mean, he doesn't even have a name... between being nameless and referred to simply by the color red... you'd think he would've been fodder thrown to the wolves long ago.

is that the joke with his character... he's a red-shirt nameless mook... but with red hair instead? :redhair:

anyway... so the barrier is only around the spring?

well that is really strange, considering they reached the spring without any resistance.

maybe the barrier allows entry, but won't allow you to leave, essentially serving as a trap for prey... but who would have set it up?

i kinda doubt it will be nibbly's doing as some shapeshifting dragon, considering the april fool's page made fun of that idea.

only other things i can think of is maybe wolves did it, and we'll see some trouble stirred up regarding sythe, zen, and raine.

unless templars are involved, but... would be a bit odd, since they have more important matters to deal with, don't they?

but nibbly's whereabouts are still unknown... which is honestly driving me nuts.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

My unorganized thoughts.
1. I enjoy the way the tree was affected by the blast.
2. Am I the only one thinking that one who wears the Magic Suppressing Shackle might be able to pass through the barrier somehow?
3. I think/hope that Mrs. Nibbly isn't actually a baby Dragon but is simply on the other side of the barrier which will cause all of Group B (maybe just Sythe?) to try and get her to help them.
Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:39 amAnd why does the page title remind me of the Mythbusters? :P

Red - "Am I missing ... an eyebrow?"

Maren - "Ugh" *facepalm*
I see I was not the only one reminded of Mythbusters
“When in doubt, C4.”
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Ecthudan
Citizen

#13 Post by Ecthudan »

So they really are trapped inside of that force field, just as many had predicted.
And as Raine said: "A barrier this size would require a lot of magic. It’s probably being maintained actively by something."

But just what is that something? Who would want to trap them there? Maybe it really is the Wolves, who are trying to free one of their own i.e. Zen. But it could be any number of other things. It's difficult to tell at this point.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#14 Post by IHeartMaeve »

I see someone tends to think like my mother: "When in doubt, use the omnipotent power of dynamite." :redhair: :grin:
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Nutster
Traveler

#15 Post by Nutster »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:47 am According to Tom in the stream chat, it's literally the only spell he knows. And...
Trust a human :redhair: to weaponize some form of unorganized energy burst. Now where did that squirrel/dragon :squirrel: get to? Did she realize there was trouble and ran away as the force field went up?