Comic for July 1st, 2017 Hitting a Road Block

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for July 1st, 2017 Hitting a Road Block

#16 Post by Rafe »

There is one big question to answer here:
Are they trapped outside of the invisible wall or inside?

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#17 Post by CrRAR »

Rafe wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:16 am There is one big question to answer here:
Excellent question with terrifying implications.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Warrl »

It is an excellent question, and IMHO it's extremely unlikely that they know yet. They'd have to explore enough of the barrier to determine whether it's convex or concave on their side, to even get a clue... and if it's a series of straight walls, that might be quite a lot of exploring.

I doubt that it's the barrier supposedly established around Edinmire. it wouldn't make sense for that barrier to extend miles and miles from the town; and if they are close to town, they would have gone on into town the previous day.

If they are outside the barrier, I am curious about what it's containing/protecting.

Combak
Citizen

#19 Post by Combak »

TorqueEffect wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:08 am Also Tom made a typo on the transcript.

"Red: Well hurry up! We’re bruning daylight."

:P
That's not the only one.

"Sythe: Nah, she’s probably just sleepign in one of these trees. Nibs!"

Phaing
Master

#20 Post by Phaing »

Logic would say that they are outside... maybe running into some defense of the very place where Trace & co. are right now.
That's what I am hoping for, anyways.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#21 Post by TorqueEffect »

Combak wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:05 am
TorqueEffect wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:08 am Also Tom made a typo on the transcript.

"Red: Well hurry up! We’re bruning daylight."

:P
That's not the only one.

"Sythe: Nah, she’s probably just sleepign in one of these trees. Nibs!"
Oh wow. Just shows how easy typos are to miss. lol

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#22 Post by GaySailors »

Really good question tbh. Considering that recently, crazy things have been happening, there is only one logical conclusion.

Mrs. Nibbly is a dragon, Natani's pregnant, the Wolf's have taken over, Zen escaped, the Templar have built a bubble around Group B, Alaric is back, and the Moon is falling into the Earth.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#23 Post by ZeroJinKui »

so, nibs disappears, and then a barrier surrounds them?

alright, i am curious... what the hell is going on?

also, i guess karen is gonna be holding it in for awhile longer.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#24 Post by NiWo21k »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:07 pmDid they? I'm too lazy to look for aware that could've been said, so let's just added to the list of what could've happened.
I checked again, because i really thought there was something they said, but it looks like i had it a little bit wrong in my mind.

I thought on page 910 was said something liket this from Daniels, but he just said he couldnt reach the docks and that there were magic circles - i somehow mixed them together in my mind that there was a barrier somehow.
BadFoMo wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:07 pm Most of these are jokes, but here's what could've happened.

1. The Wolves did it.
2. They were shrunk down in their sleep by someone and put into a terrarium.
2a. Mrs. Nibbly is that someone.
2b. Zen is that someone.
2c. Mrs. Nibbly Zen are in cahoots and did it together.
3. As FrogSteaks suggested, they have hit an invisible wall. They cannot go that way and must turn back.
4. They have accidentally ‘escaped’ the map. Still holding out hope for a TwoKinds Half-Life 2 total conversion mod. Should I try making a thread for it?
5. The fourth wall has had enough of being broken and has finally snapped after years of being abused.
Lets say 4 and 5 are good possibilities :mrgreen:

What also could be is they accidently crossed path with an magic fighting resistence groupe who want to know how they found them - cue the apperance of a god like :squirrel: :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Tendo
Master

#25 Post by Tendo »

Darn those invisible walls! The outside must not be done loading yet...

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#26 Post by TorqueEffect »

GaySailors wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:10 am
Really good question tbh. Considering that recently, crazy things have been happening, there is only one logical conclusion.

Mrs. Nibbly is a dragon, Natani's pregnant, the Wolf's have taken over, Zen escaped, the Templar have built a bubble around Group B, Alaric is back, and the Moon is falling into the Earth.
Oh dear, Natani pregnant? Now there can be some hilariously funny hi-jinx with that.
But for some reason I doubt that, we're not even 100% sure her and Keith have bumped uglies yet
Plus her to be expecting would seem like a stretch even if they have bumped uglies, since apparently the only reason Flora is pregnant is because Ephemeral flipped a biological switch in her (or maybe all Keidran) to allow conception with humans, but by some stretch maybe that biological switch allows any an all races to conceive with each other, which would in turn give Ephemeral the upperhand in bringing neutrality among the races.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#27 Post by BadJoke »

Warrl wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:31 am I doubt that it's the barrier supposedly established around Edinmire. it wouldn't make sense for that barrier to extend miles and miles from the town; and if they are close to town, they would have gone on into town the previous day.
Which means someone spend a lot of magic and talent to build a barrier in the middle of nowhere, with no consideration for discression. It leaves two possibilities:

1) The wall is around an external area. Then someone (maybe with some company) is traveling, and is or considers himself a potential target (for wolves or templars) and made this wall for his protection. Alternatively he may have done it to protect someone/something coming with him.

2) The wall is around group B. It's an attack (an agressive control of identities at best). That someone got them by surprise and things are going to turn sour quick.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#28 Post by Ddraig »

BadJoke wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:48 am
Warrl wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:31 am I doubt that it's the barrier supposedly established around Edinmire. it wouldn't make sense for that barrier to extend miles and miles from the town; and if they are close to town, they would have gone on into town the previous day.
Which means someone spend a lot of magic and talent to build a barrier in the middle of nowhere, with no consideration for discression. It leaves two possibilities:

1) The wall is around an external area. Then someone (maybe with some company) is traveling, and is or considers himself a potential target (for wolves or templars) and made this wall for his protection. Alternatively he may have done it to protect someone/something coming with him.

2) The wall is around group B. It's an attack (an agressive control of identities at best). That someone got them by surprise and things are going to turn sour quick.
They are still by those magic hot springs, perhaps someone is just using the latent magic of the area to do something/to power something and they left a barrier up around whatever magic item is involved?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#29 Post by Schrodinger »

Now just watch as Twokinds suddenly transforms into a Stephen King novel.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Warrl
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Warrl »

Schrodinger wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:22 pm Now just watch as Twokinds suddenly transforms into a Stephen King novel.
Better Stephen King than George Martin