Deaththekat
Merchant

Re: Comic for June 28th, 2017: Sunny Morning Raine

#16 Post by Deaththekat »

MY SHIP, ITS SAILING

hallelujah
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Warrl
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Warrl »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:52 pmspeaking of group B... have they even done much at this point?
1. They ran from the wolf-keidran army
2. They ran from the templar army
3. They dealt with the reveal of Raine as being an untrained mage and shapeshifter
4. They dealt with an attacking assassin, and took him captive
5. They have crossed a good chunk of the human realm

But basically, while group A has dealt with all sorts of interpersonal issues AND external issues - and acted at some length to resolve all of them - Group B has had relatively few external issues and resolved most by running away, leaving only interpersonal issues. And the fact that Group A has for a while been nine people, while Group B is only seven... including the squirrel... means there are also many fewer possible interpersonal issues to choose from in Group B. (Also, the jewelry Zen is wearing has had much more impact on Group A than on Group B.)

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#18 Post by GaySailors »

I'm more focused on something this page reminded me of.

Have we seen Scythe with his ponytail let down?

...I really want to now...

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#19 Post by Cyon »

Warrl wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:59 pm
ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:52 pmspeaking of group B... have they even done much at this point?
1. They ran from the wolf-keidran army
2. They ran from the templar army
3. They dealt with the reveal of Raine as being an untrained mage and shapeshifter
4. They dealt with an attacking assassin, and took him captive
5. They have crossed a good chunk of the human realm

But basically, while group A has dealt with all sorts of interpersonal issues AND external issues - and acted at some length to resolve all of them - Group B has had relatively few external issues and resolved most by running away, leaving only interpersonal issues. And the fact that Group A has for a while been nine people, while Group B is only seven... including the squirrel... means there are also many fewer possible interpersonal issues to choose from in Group B. (Also, the jewelry Zen is wearing has had much more impact on Group A than on Group B.)
This is why I'm really excited for the next step in their journey: they'll be arriving somewhere meaningful with the possibility for a lot of interaction. For me, they've always been the side of the story with the most opportunity for development, and recently I've really enjoyed how their story has come along. Can't wait to see more.

As for this page: Nat's not the only one with a strong grasp, it must be a common trait amongst Keidran :P
Team B's got a thing for awkward situations... brings good fun into the story
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Darekun
Traveler

#20 Post by Darekun »

I ship it!

Something just occurred to me… If Raine slept really well, i.e. calmly, then I might expect her to go human-form in her sleep. Now, imagine an alt-universe version of this strip, where Tom went with that, but only the first 5 panels are different :3

Phaing
Master

#21 Post by Phaing »

Well, yes, Maren's compassion is a bit of a shock. Glad to see it, Trace must have seen something in her besides basic rebound-girl material, after all.
(maybe)

But to me, the really amazing thing is this; Raine cuddles?
Huh?
When did she pick that up?
She always came off as the untouched and untouchable isolated little one.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#22 Post by CrRAR »

Phaing wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:15 amShe always came off as the untouched and untouchable isolated little one.
She was isolated and is awkward because of it, but I think she is quite yearning for ADVENTURE! and connections with FRIENDS!!! (like she's only gotten to read about in her books)

She is also clearly guilty of clutching her stuffed bear here. Which undeniably was heart-achingly snuggled later during sleep time. How's that for an OBJECTION! :mrgrin:
GaySailors wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 pmHave we seen Scythe with his ponytail let down?

Mike's let his down (as a girl)

Alas, we can only dream. >.>
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#23 Post by GaySailors »

CrRAR wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:23 am
Phaing wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:15 amShe always came off as the untouched and untouchable isolated little one.
She was isolated and is awkward because of it, but I think she is quite yearning for ADVENTURE! and connections with FRIENDS!!! (like she's only gotten to read about in her books)

She is also clearly guilty of clutching her stuffed bear here. Which undeniably was heart-achingly snuggled later during sleep time. How's that for an OBJECTION! :mrgrin:
GaySailors wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 pmHave we seen Scythe with his ponytail let down?

Mike's let his down (as a girl)

Alas, we can only dream. >.>
I still love the first two links you sent, especially the first one. Zen with his little knife is so cute!
Maybe if you're not being stabbed by it, but still. I really, really, really want to see more Zen. He's probably one of my favorites here. Tom did an amazing job with the World's Best Assassins :P
I don't know what it is, but every time I look at Raine, I can't help but smile. Shes just so... optimistic? Happy? What would be a good word... cute!

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by SpottedKitty »

GaySailors wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 pm Have we seen Scythe with his ponytail let down?
He can't do that — Mrs. Nibbly wouldn't have anything to... erm... nibble on. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery