Comic for June 24, 2017: Nighttime Stakeout

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for June 24, 2017: Nighttime Stakeout

#16 Post by BadJoke »

Siding with whoever won... sums up most coups.

I hope will get a bit of an explanation about their initial intention of attacking the basitins to get the wolf... that would give us a bit of a background about them and an overview of the global situation. Cause we don't know that much right now (not that much more that group A and B) and it seems thigns moved a lot lately with the war and all.

And will we have a chance to see how the adrakist is going?
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#17 Post by Cosmacelf »

Sealeen has blue hair and two blue triangles on her face. Now where else have I seen that before...

Hayate
The Hidden User

#18 Post by Hayate »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:11 am Sealeen has blue hair and two blue triangles on her face. Now where else have I seen that before...
Wait until you see the secret Trace shrine in her closet at home...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Deaththekat
Merchant

#19 Post by Deaththekat »

GaySailors wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:20 pm im shipping it and you cant stop me

*quietly and violently shipping it with you*
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#20 Post by Cosmacelf »

BadJoke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 am I hope will get a bit of an explanation about their initial intention of attacking the basitins to get the wolf... that would give us a bit of a background about them and an overview of the global situation. Cause we don't know that much right now (not that much more that group A and B) and it seems thigns moved a lot lately with the war and all.
I think they are/were a group of adventurers who decided to make reward money by capturing a wolf they had just heard about. Mercenaries if you will, but I like the term adventurers.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#21 Post by Schrodinger »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:59 pm
BadJoke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 am I hope will get a bit of an explanation about their initial intention of attacking the basitins to get the wolf... that would give us a bit of a background about them and an overview of the global situation. Cause we don't know that much right now (not that much more that group A and B) and it seems thigns moved a lot lately with the war and all.
I think they are/were a group of adventurers who decided to make reward money by capturing a wolf they had just heard about. Mercenaries if you will, but I like the term adventurers.
Considering that all three of them were pretending to be agents of the Templar I'm guessing that they were an entirely unsanctioned group. Seraphina likely roped the other two on her crusade for acknowledgement. Though I doubt they were very good teammates if Landen and Sealeen can change alliegance so quickly and leave their "leader" rot in a jail cell.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Dadrobit »

Ya know, since we're cycling through all of the POVs recently in this chapter, here's hoping we get to see the adorable wolf assassin wake up soon and get his take on the estate (dungeons). :mrgrin:

Gradivus
Master

#23 Post by Gradivus »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:11 am Sealeen has blue hair and two blue triangles on her face. Now where else have I seen that before...
I noticed the two blue triangles on Sealeen's cheeks (the same blue color as her hair), and I've often noticed (for instance, in the previous strip) the blue triangle on Trace's cheek that's the same blue color as his hair. Are those triangles supposed to be part of their hair, or something else?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#24 Post by Dadrobit »

Gradivus wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:18 am
I noticed the two blue triangles on Sealeen's cheeks (the same blue color as her hair), and I've often noticed (for instance, in the previous strip) the blue triangle on Trace's cheek that's the same blue color as his hair. Are those triangles supposed to be part of their hair, or something else?
IIRC, Tom once said in a stream that they are just something that is somewhat fashionable on Mekkan among humans.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by SpottedKitty »

BadJoke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 am I hope will get a bit of an explanation about their initial intention of attacking the basitins to get the wolf...
I always though that was due to Seraphina waving her massive ego around. Didn't Maddie speculate at one point during the fight that they were only after Natani because of the bounty on wolves?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by BadJoke »

SpottedKitty wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:53 am
BadJoke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 am I hope will get a bit of an explanation about their initial intention of attacking the basitins to get the wolf...
I always though that was due to Seraphina waving her massive ego around. Didn't Maddie speculate at one point during the fight that they were only after Natani because of the bounty on wolves?
Yes, but we don't know if they did it because they're mercenaries, because they just happened to know each other and found an opportunity for money... a little background about them (and then about the war situation) would be nice. We know barely a thing about them.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#27 Post by ZeroJinKui »

until official word is given, i'm just assuming these two are girls... and i am also shipping sealeen and lynn... SEALYNN! |D

i certainly hope these two join group A... more allies is always helpful, and again, i want that ship to happen. :heart:

just can't wait to see what happens next... out of all the comics i read, this is my absolute favorite, and it's always so painful waiting for the next page! (;_;)
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Ddraig
Templar Master

#28 Post by Ddraig »

So if (judging by the cloak clasps) Sealeen is water, Landen is earth (forest, nature, whatever), and I think it's a safe assumption that Seraphina is fire, where's air? Is Keith air?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#29 Post by GaySailors »

BadJoke wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:33 am
Yes, but we don't know if they did it because they're mercenaries, because they just happened to know each other and found an opportunity for money... a little background about them (and then about the war situation) would be nice. We know barely a thing about them.
Well, the two we see here didn't seem to invested in getting the wolf, rather just the pay. As far as backgrounds go I have no idea, but they were after Natani for sure. They likely could have just been hired by the Gaurd or the Templar to gather the wolves, but if so, it wasn't by Kei. Probably just mercenaries hired by the Templar really, but they weren't focused on Keith or Trace, so it couldn't have been a higher up order. Just some goons looking for a coin I'd say.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#30 Post by BadFoMo »

GaySailors wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 pm
BadJoke wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:33 am
BadJoke wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:07 amI hope will get a bit of an explanation about their initial intention of attacking the basitins to get the wolf...
Well, the two we see here didn't seem to invested in getting the wolf, rather just the pay. As far as backgrounds go I have no idea, but they were after Natani for sure. They likely could have just been hired by the Gaurd or the Templar to gather the wolves, but if so, it wasn't by Kei. Probably just mercenaries hired by the Templar really, but they weren't focused on Keith or Trace, so it couldn't have been a higher up order. Just some goons looking for a coin I'd say.
I always thought it was simply them answering a call to arms for anyone brave or foolhardy enough. They weren't exactly hired by anyone.

BadJoke wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:33 am...a little background about them (and then about the war situation) would be nice. We know barely a thing about them.
Well, I think (if I remember what I think I read correctly) Tom might be looking for ideas for short side comics. Unfortunately, just a premise isn't enough; the entire script is needed.

Ddraig wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 pmSo if (judging by the cloak clasps) Sealeen is water, Landen is earth (forest, nature, whatever), and I think it's a safe assumption that Seraphina is fire, where's air? Is Keith air?
I'm too lazy to look, but I think a joke like that was made by Tom himself; and it went exactly like that.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!