Comic for June 21st, 2017: Touch Stripey Tail

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

Re: Comic for June 21st, 2017: Touch Stripey Tail

#16 Post by ZeroJinKui »

i really love this page, it's nice seeing these cute and romantic moments between the characters. |D

also, while i have read through the entire comic from the very beginning when i first discovered this site, i forget...

...why are they heading to lyn'knoll, again?

it's frustrating, i can remember various random things, but i have forgotten some of the bigger details.

i actually can't help but wonder how long we'll have to wait before everyone finds out trace got flora pregnant... probably years. (;_;)

i just look at all the things going on, and i keep asking myself "what is gonna happen when these people learn this, or those people learn that?".

it's maddening... i'm so eager for answers!

i also just look forward to how broken kei is going to be after finding out flora is essentially trace's wife and is pregnant with his child. :P
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#17 Post by NiWo21k »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:41 am ...why are they heading to lyn'knoll, again?
If i recall correctly, they decided to take this journey because it was the only place where Keidran and Humans live in peace.

And dont worry, every one has other things that are important in their hear library ;-)
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#18 Post by Elemental Templar »

darksky wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:54 am
Hopefully they get to rest and relax for a bit. But, as I think someone else was saying, I could see something coming to break up the peace. Hope it's not evil Trace or anything. :D
I think we all know that the thing that'll "break the peace" will be when the B group reaches Edinmire. More than likely they'll end up at the estate and thus Awkwardness will ensue for a lot of people. (Namely for Flora, Sythe, Trace, and Maren)
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Shar
Citizen

#19 Post by Shar »

OMG! I finally got my wish! He called her Flora Legacy! Duchess Flora Legacy at that!

But yeah tbh i feel like they need some other reason to move because atm Trace is in a substantial position of power and authority and arguably could make a much bigger difference by staying and making political menuvers than simply running. Honestly.... i half expect them to get to this Knoll place and end up finding that trace destroyed it ages ago.

Qwe304
Citizen

#20 Post by Qwe304 »

Shar wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 pm OMG! I finally got my wish! He called her Flora Legacy! Duchess Flora Legacy at that!

But yeah tbh i feel like they need some other reason to move because atm Trace is in a substantial position of power and authority and arguably could make a much bigger difference by staying and making political menuvers than simply running. Honestly.... i half expect them to get to this Knoll place and end up finding that trace destroyed it ages ago.
i also suspect that lyn'knoll may not be all they were hoping for.
aslo did we ever get a reason as to why raine and her mother left the place, raine said she lived there for a while.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#21 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Qwe304 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:18 pm
Shar wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 pm OMG! I finally got my wish! He called her Flora Legacy! Duchess Flora Legacy at that!

aslo did we ever get a reason as to why raine and her mother left the place, raine said she lived there for a while.
Or it actually is what they're hoping for but they have to fight very hard to keep it that way
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#22 Post by GaySailors »

Well, we know Trace and Flora want to head to Lyn'knoll so they can live together in peace, but I think we can make some guesses for the others.
Natani originally came along because she didn't really have a choice, but I think she'd stay with the group, or more accurately Keith, considering her home is under attack and they lived in poverty. Besides, since she loves Keith, and going to Lyn'knoll might be a good idea for the both of them. Keith wanted to spread Laura's ashes if I recall, but after that, he really has nowhere to go. Yes he could go back to the Isles, but he doesn't want that. By now, I don't think he knows where he wants to go other than being with Natani. Lyn'knoll would give both of them a place to escape to after Keith spreads the ashes.

From there its anyone's guess. They were supposed to head to Edinmere so that way they could legally sign the documents and have everyone go their separate ways. For the rest of them, its pretty hard to tell.

Lynn will obviously follow Keith, but Maddie is still a stowaway. A royal one, and I have a hunch Mom isn't too happy about it. I wonder why... She originally came on because of Keith. But then she thought Keith was gay. But then she found out Keith wasn't gay. Well, kinda. Regardless, I have no clue whats going to happen with her.

Eric, Mike, and Evals are as complicated as it gets. Evals wants to leave but Mike doesn't. Mike doesn't know anything about the real world, so he might stay with Eric or go off on his own. Eric is going to be leaving soon, but his ship is destroyed and so might his town, so he could stay there or head off on his own. Mike might end up doing whatever Evals is doing, and Evals might do the same with Mike considering how close they are. But, Kat has a really large motive to head to Lyn'knoll. You know, for totally platonic relations with Eric. If Eric accepts the totally platonic relationship, he might go to Lyn'knoll too. It's too much for me to handle (;_;)

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#23 Post by Cosmacelf »

Here's where the idea of going to Lyn'knoll came from. It was Lady Nora's idea...

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/249/

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#24 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:29 pm
Qwe304 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Or it actually is what they're hoping for but they have to fight very hard to keep it that way
AFAIR Raine and her mother left because her mother wanted to get rid of the curse that Trace (I think it was) cast on her.

The name thing is good. The funny thing is that most of those who doesn't know the "new" Trace and Flora probably wouldn't react to her being presented as Flora Legacy. They would assume that she was using her owners name and just think that she was a well trained slave. But adding the title "Duchess of Edinmire" will certainly mess with their heads.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#25 Post by NiWo21k »

Cpt.Obvious wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:15 pm ... will certainly mess with their heads.
At least that would be a very good way to distract people to get away (and without using any magic or any tools) :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Phaing
Master

#26 Post by Phaing »

Cpt.Obvious wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:15 pm The name thing is good. The funny thing is that most of those who doesn't know the "new" Trace and Flora probably wouldn't react to her being presented as Flora Legacy. They would assume that she was using her owners name and just think that she was a well trained slave. But adding the title "Duchess of Edinmire" will certainly mess with their heads.
Anyone "new" to the comic should do themselves a favor and binge on the archives.

I did... and since it is the weekend, I just might do it again. :wink:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#27 Post by Schrodinger »

Finally I get my wish of seeing these two act like a married couple! I've been saying for a while now that this relationship was the least developed and I'm just so very glad it's getting the attention it deserves. Where Keith and Natani's arcs hinged on their budding romance and non-standard sexuality, Trace and Flora are dealing with more domestic problems of finding a safe home to raise a family. They've already had the difficulties of an inter-species romance and have risen above them, now they need a new set of challenges to overcome.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by Cyon »

Phaing wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:13 am
Cpt.Obvious wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:15 pm The name thing is good. The funny thing is that most of those who doesn't know the "new" Trace and Flora probably wouldn't react to her being presented as Flora Legacy. They would assume that she was using her owners name and just think that she was a well trained slave. But adding the title "Duchess of Edinmire" will certainly mess with their heads.
Anyone "new" to the comic should do themselves a favor and binge on the archives.

I did... and since it is the weekend, I just might do it again. :wink:
You can never delve back into the past enough in my opinion, you always seem to notice something different in the light of new events.
Although I'm late to comment, that little panel about bringing out Trace's bad side had me chuckling nicely both because of the double meaning and regarding how Trace's "bad" side went from almost killing her with a sword in the opening panel to some special caressing :P
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

TorqueEffect
Apprentice

#29 Post by TorqueEffect »

Flora's baby bump is getting bigger, and she's never looked more beautiful and sexy. (Yeah I have some weird kinks)

I always love seeing these two acting like a couple. Probably has to be one of my favorite individual pages in the entire comic so far.