Comic for June 21st, 2017: Touch Stripey Tail

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shpoople

Comic for June 21st, 2017: Touch Stripey Tail

#1 Post by Shpoople »

Oh, yeah, that spot sure is a killer one :P ... Also, that belly bulge! :heart: :heart: :heart:
There are things even a god cannot survive.
Spoiler!
I haven't posted here in so long, I don't even remember my old username/password.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Comic for June 21st, 2017: Touch Stripey Tail

#2 Post by NiWo21k »

I love this page.

The way Flora speaks in a more serious matter (it feels real) and even with the more joking part it doesnt feels forced.

But yeah even if i would like seeing them have a little bit of a time to breath - i wouldnt say it to loud that they are safe - its normaly the famous last words before the next big problem stands in front of the door.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Phaing
Master

#3 Post by Phaing »

"That" spot?
oooooh... that spot! 8)

Thanks, this was a good one. It shows Trace and Flora as an honestly stable and happy couple.
There is a reason why most fan-fic is like this, we need these quiet & happy moments... just to confirm that they are possible if nothing else.

Did her baby-bump get bigger since the Inn?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Raydis
Citizen

#4 Post by Raydis »

Duchess Flora Legacy , nice ring to it. Also, that shift from silly to genuine hug is adorable.
"I used to feel like a man in a woman's body...then my mother gave birth to me."

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Dadrobit »

Of ~course~ she'd have "The Spot". :mrgrin:

It's interesting to see her adamance in continuing towards Lyn'Knoll and disregard for her inner "kitten" desiring to visit the town for an extended period of time. I wonder if and how much her dislike of Kei is contributing to that? Or is it just the conflict in general potentially reawakening Evil Trace really scaring her?

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#6 Post by whiskeyfur »

yea yea yea.. go ahead and deny it.. by the way Flora... no use scolding Trace when you can't stop smiling yourself. :)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#7 Post by Myperson54 »

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#8 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Perfect continuation of the previous page =)

And, truely, Duchess Flora Legacy does indeed have a nice ring to it :flora:

(Also, Floras face in panel 5 xD )
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

Oh dear, "the spot". I'm still waiting to see exactly how "safe" this place is going to turn out to be for them, but it's nice to see the couples are having fun :P
I wonder if Trace would actually prefer to stay there if Lyn'Knoll was off the table. Even if he's not his old self it would be nice to keep the benefits...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#10 Post by The Rookie »

Oh wow, this page is adorable.

The part that gets me most is the "Flora Legacy" has both a cute playful element, as well as a more serious undertone.

By calling her "Legacy", Trace is esentially viewing Flora to already be his wife, and not just his partner. Now while they have unoffically been engadged for the longest time (I believe the exchange of the subtleseed flowers was the human equivalent to an engadgement ring in this world.), he hasn't actually worked up the courage / found occation to ask.

Sooooooooo.

I think the next page will be the long awaited proposal :heart:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#11 Post by GaySailors »

The Rookie wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 am Oh wow, this page is adorable.

The part that gets me most is the "Flora Legacy" has both a cute playful element, as well as a more serious undertone.

By calling her "Legacy", Trace is esentially viewing Flora to already be his wife, and not just his partner. Now while they have unoffically been engadged for the longest time (I believe the exchange of the subtleseed flowers was the human equivalent to an engadgement ring in this world.), he hasn't actually worked up the courage / found occation to ask.

Sooooooooo.

I think the next page will be the long awaited proposal :heart:
I'm not sure. Technically, he's already culturally married. The exact words used by Flora were, "I knew that the subtleseed crystals were used in human marriages to bind two people together...". Whether that means binding as in they become married or binding as in engagement is kinda in the air to me. Hell, when asked Flora says, "I DO want it". I do think Trace is kind of reminding her that he loves her, but to propose to someone after grabbing their butt a few moments over seems a bit on the nose :P Either way, this page was really cute!

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#12 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Cute and playful. How wonderful. :grin:
Videre videnda.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Warrl »

<rant>
No. NOT "Duchess Flora Legacy". That's incorrect, and Trace would know better.

If someone holds a noble estate, or as a courtesy is addressed as if they held a noble estate (and it always must be some specific noble estate, not just a noble title), then what comes after the title is the name of the estate. Or, informally, the first name - alone.

First name, or first and last name, can come before the title.

So the proper form would be "Flora Legacy, the Duchess of Edinmire".
</rant>

Girault
Citizen

#14 Post by Girault »

Warrl wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:22 am <rant>
No. NOT "Duchess Flora Legacy". That's incorrect, and Trace would know better.

If someone holds a noble estate, or as a courtesy is addressed as if they held a noble estate (and it always must be some specific noble estate, not just a noble title), then what comes after the title is the name of the estate. Or, informally, the first name - alone.

First name, or first and last name, can come before the title.

So the proper form would be "Flora Legacy, the Duchess of Edinmire".
</rant>
Considering that he didn't remember that he was a Duke, I suspect he likewise does not remember how to use the proper title.

darksky

#15 Post by darksky »

There have been many cute moments in this comic so far, but this one was especially adorable lol. :)

Hopefully they get to rest and relax for a bit. But, as I think someone else was saying, I could see something coming to break up the peace. Hope it's not evil Trace or anything. :D