The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

Re: Comic for June 7th, 2017: Paying The Price

#46 Post by GaySailors »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:46 pm
Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:24 pm Yea, during the confrontation with the Edinmire guard he stated that Mike and Evals are property of the "Vaughan Trading Company", implying that he owns more than just this one ship and a lot of money. The Na'rella seemed to be just his personal ship
But does he actually own the company? Or is he just employed under his parents, with Mike, Evals and Kat belonging to him personally?
It was implied his father left him the "family business".

imalbert
Master

#47 Post by imalbert »

Darekun wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:38 pmI was thinking more… What's Eric going to do? Is he just going to go back to the same place, where everybody knows him as a slave trader? His world is shaken, his life called into doubt. I'm not confident where Eric will be, and presumably if Mike hires on that instructs where he in turn will be.
Cyon wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:11 pmWithout a ship and with most of his goods now at the bottom of the ocean, I'm doubtful that Eric will decide to return to being a slave trader, out at sea at least. He has enough possessions to buy his way back to the port town where they first met but even after that I don't think that there's any point in their separation. He's better off keeping with Trace for protection especially if he's wanted by the new Templar order which may capture him for information and imprison him for releasing Mike and Evals.
I don't believe that Eric has a home to go back to.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#48 Post by GaySailors »

imalbert wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:25 am
Darekun wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:38 pmI was thinking more… What's Eric going to do? Is he just going to go back to the same place, where everybody knows him as a slave trader? His world is shaken, his life called into doubt. I'm not confident where Eric will be, and presumably if Mike hires on that instructs where he in turn will be.
Cyon wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:11 pmWithout a ship and with most of his goods now at the bottom of the ocean, I'm doubtful that Eric will decide to return to being a slave trader, out at sea at least. He has enough possessions to buy his way back to the port town where they first met but even after that I don't think that there's any point in their separation. He's better off keeping with Trace for protection especially if he's wanted by the new Templar order which may capture him for information and imprison him for releasing Mike and Evals.
I don't believe that Eric has a home to go back to.
Wow... I forgot about that. But does he even know? I'd assume Flora and Trace would have told him, and I know about his past but I feel bad for the guy. He went from an elitist slave trader to maybe a regular guy in less then a night.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#49 Post by Warrl »

I'm not too worried about Eric's financial status. Sure, he lost a house and one of his ships. Maybe more than one, but it's unlikely that all of them were in port at the same time. So he still probably owns several ships.

On the other hand, soul-searching can be hard on a person. Particularly when initial results are positive, i.e. he has one.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#50 Post by Cyon »

Warrl wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:46 am I'm not too worried about Eric's financial status. Sure, he lost a house and one of his ships. Maybe more than one, but it's unlikely that all of them were in port at the same time. So he still probably owns several ships.

On the other hand, soul-searching can be hard on a person. Particularly when initial results are positive, i.e. he has one.
Yeah, after all that he's been though with not only Kat but also Trace, Flora and the others (who I'd say are very interdependent nowadays) I can't imagine him losing them on top of all he's already had to sacrifice.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-