Comic for June 4th, 2017: Just Pulling Your Tail

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nova
New Citizen

Re: Comic for June 4th, 2017: Just Pulling Your Tail

#31 Post by Nova »

GaySailors wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 pmDo you guys think Tom is gonna switch to Team B now? I feel conflicted about how I'd feel if he does.
Yeah, I'm afraid so. I like Raine, Sythe and all the guys, but I want to know more about the story of Group A. And what's with Rose? And what if Trace talks a bit with Reni? She's not Nora, but maybe still knows stuff about the past.
If we now switch to Group B it will take months to go back.

Then again, I've heard that Tom did already draw some parts of a page with Trace in the estate, but I was not able to find that stream. Maybe that will be the next page?

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#32 Post by DragnMastralex »

zy-fi wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 am So, Natani confirmed bi? I know there was the thing with Kat but nothing really happened there. Also Natani confirmed to consider himself one of the guys.
well that's kind of confusing since we never saw Natani hit or show interest in a girl we can assume that she is only interested in guys..... being that if you think of Natani as a man trapped in a girls body that would make her gay but if you think of it as a woman with a personality of a man because of the soul imprint that would make her straight but a BIG tom boy (no pun intended).

but bi? I don't see it. I do know plenty of women that act more like guys in ever aspect like they take interest in only guy things and act a lot like a guy than a girl but are still straight.... so it's really just how you think of what has happened to her as how she is. I mean you can think of keith as a girl trapped in a guys body that's a lesbian because he only likes girls..... but there is no soul switch or anything he's just more feminine because of his mother and her gentle nature.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#33 Post by Schrodinger »

GaySailors wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 pm I noticed something. If you cut out some of the panels, you end up with this:
Spoiler!
Makes it seem a bit more suggestive if you cut out the context. Take that as you will.

Aaaanyways, I didn't mention it earlier, but it kinda seems like their romance has flipped on its head. Before, Keith saw her as she wanted: a male. It was her biggest secret, and she trusted Keith with it. Keith never made an advancement, or otherwise inclined to forward their relationship unless she proposed it even though he loved her. Now, Natani is actively trying to change that. She went from not wanting Keith to be around her, to being comfortable around him, and now wanting him in around her. She wants him to advance on her (both sexually and romantically), but Keith is still uncomfortable with her change in personality.

Its just a matter of time until Keith gives in, and I don't think thats a very large amount of time. Unless their fur happens to look similar to the bed sheets when we see them again, I'm pretty confident we're gonna see some more flustered Keith.

Which is always good.
HiseyLeSnake wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 pm
Raydis wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:29 pm We're 11 years into this and the farthest we've gotten is them willingly sleeping in the same bed. Maybe in another 11 they'll actually attempt something
Spoiler!
She'll wind up getting killed before then since Keith is cursed to see everyone he loves die
for the love of god what is the 'girl doesn't get to eat her sandwich" meme from :D
You two know you can edit your posts, right? There's no reason for you to double post like that.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#34 Post by Cosmacelf »

Um, considering black magic was involved, I think we're going to need some new vocabulary to describe what Natani's sexual preferences are. "Bi" doesn't do it justice. As he said, her mind's still fractured.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#35 Post by Cosmacelf »

There is still so much to resolve in Team A. What is Kat thinking now? Trace needs to have a good chat with Rose. What about the war?

Regardless of what scene comes next, I have faith that Tom will advance the story well and deftly. While his drawning skills are now seriously impressive, his storytelling skills are equally impressive. This whole page was pitch perfect!

Darekun
Traveler

#36 Post by Darekun »

HiseyLeSnake wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 pmfor the love of god what is the 'girl doesn't get to eat her sandwich" meme from :D
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/krystal-c ... r-sandwich
This one?
DragnMastralex wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:20 amwell that's kind of confusing since we never saw Natani hit or show interest in a girl we can assume that she is only interested in guys..... being that if you think of Natani as a man trapped in a girls body that would make her gay but if you think of it as a woman with a personality of a man because of the soul imprint that would make her straight but a BIG tom boy (no pun intended).
I'd use the androsexual/gynosexual model; the heterosexual/homosexual model kinda breaks down when characters start changing gender/sex.
androsexual = attracted to males
gynosexual = attracted to females
asexual = neither
bisexual ≈ both
(This model in turn breaks down when you consider various nonbinary flavors, but within a binary female/male context it works.)

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#37 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Nova wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:20 am
GaySailors wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 pmDo you guys think Tom is gonna switch to Team B now? I feel conflicted about how I'd feel if he does.
Yeah, I'm afraid so. I like Raine, Sythe and all the guys, but I want to know more about the story of Group A. And what's with Rose? And what if Trace talks a bit with Reni? She's not Nora, but maybe still knows stuff about the past.
If we now switch to Group B it will take months to go back.

Then again, I've heard that Tom did already draw some parts of a page with Trace in the estate, but I was not able to find that stream. Maybe that will be the next page?
Rose really needs to get her story told, but I could see this happening only after Raine meets her. Right now the only thing Group A knows is that she's a wolf and in charge of the mansion even though "old" Trace was supposed to hate all wolves.

Something just occurred to me. If Rose is here then isn't it possible that Raine's mother, the former high lord Mary Silverlock, might be some where close? On one hand Trace cursed her, but on the other hand he installed Rose as his seneschal, so secretly taking in Mary doesn't seem impossible. Looking back in the archives it seems unlikely that Trace didn't know that Euchre arranged for Mary and Raine to escape, and if Euchre wanted them safe what better place to hide them than Trace's estate where no one would dream of looking for them?

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#38 Post by BadJoke »

Seems Keith smiling will tend to occur more in the future... let's all hope it will last. :oops:
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#39 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Nova wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:20 amThen again, I've heard that Tom did already draw some parts of a page with Trace in the estate, but I was not able to find that stream. Maybe that will be the next page?
Tom did draw (and completed, actually) a page showing Trace and Flora examining *their* room a few weeks ago on a stream, but never posted it. I'm assuming we'll see it at some point as part of the general 'get both groups bedded down for the night' thing Tom seems to be doing right now.
Cpt.Obvious wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:42 pmRose really needs to get her story told, but I could see this happening only after Raine meets her. Right now the only thing Group A knows is that she's a wolf and in charge of the mansion even though "old" Trace was supposed to hate all wolves.
Rose does need to get to tell her story, but I don't think that necessarily has to wait until group B's arrival. Group A *does* know one thing about Rose beyond just that she's the seneschal - they know that Rose and Saria had some connection, one strong enough that it explains the presence of Rose and her portrait here. With how Trace wants to learn more about his past, that alone would give him plausible reason to try to talk to her if Tom wants. And even ignoring that, we don't have to assume that any conversation would have to be initiated by Trace. Rose herself is perfectly capable of seeking him out, and Tom was careful to show how she took note of the various interpersonal interactions among group A even in the short time she was interacting with them. She's not unobservant or stupid, and she also is one of the only characters we've met who knew Trace before he lost Saria and therefore might actually be able to recognise his pre-insanity personality in his current manner. That would give *her* plausible reason to try to talk to *Trace* if Tom wants. Either way, there's plenty of scope for her story to get told even before group B shows up.
Something just occurred to me. If Rose is here then isn't it possible that Raine's mother, the former high lord Mary Silverlock, might be some where close? On one hand Trace cursed her, but on the other hand he installed Rose as his seneschal, so secretly taking in Mary doesn't seem impossible. Looking back in the archives it seems unlikely that Trace didn't know that Euchre arranged for Mary and Raine to escape, and if Euchre wanted them safe what better place to hide them than Trace's estate where no one would dream of looking for them?
The general chain of events for Mary and Raine seemed to be that, after Mary was cursed and Euchre helped them escape, they went to Lynknoll and lived there for several years. The implication is that they only left again when Ephemural offered to turn Mary back into a human in exchange for using her as its avatar. The last time we saw Mary was during the whole thing with Ephemural trying to possess Flora; as far as I know we don't know where she went after that, given that she *doesn't* seem to have accompanied Raine and the rest of group B back to Pinewood. (That's all from memory as I don't have time to go looking right at the moment, but I *think* I have the events straight.)

Under that set of assumptions I suppose it's possible that Mary *could* be lurking around somewhere, but if so it'd be for her own reasons (presumably associated with all of the ~mysterious plots~ that always seem to be swirling around the templar) rather than because Euchre tried to hide her there after her curse.

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#40 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:10 pm The general chain of events for Mary and Raine seemed to be that, after Mary was cursed and Euchre helped them escape, they went to Lynknoll and lived there for several years. The implication is that they only left again when Ephemural offered to turn Mary back into a human in exchange for using her as its avatar. The last time we saw Mary was during the whole thing with Ephemural trying to possess Flora; as far as I know we don't know where she went after that, given that she *doesn't* seem to have accompanied Raine and the rest of group B back to Pinewood. (That's all from memory as I don't have time to go looking right at the moment, but I *think* I have the events straight.)

Under that set of assumptions I suppose it's possible that Mary *could* be lurking around somewhere, but if so it'd be for her own reasons (presumably associated with all of the ~mysterious plots~ that always seem to be swirling around the templar) rather than because Euchre tried to hide her there after her curse.
The story has morphed so much over time that it's hard to keep track of what has happened. Looking at when Raine first told the story of how she came to meet Group B there was no mention of her ever living in Lynknoll. But when you mention it I seem to remember her mentioning having lived there, but I don't remember anything about Ephemural offering to turn Mary back into a human... Archive diving is so time consuming, mostly because I always becomes sidetracked, spending hours looking at things having nothing to do with what I dove into archive to find...

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#41 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Cpt.Obvious wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 pm
MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:10 pm The general chain of events for Mary and Raine seemed to be that, after Mary was cursed and Euchre helped them escape, they went to Lynknoll and lived there for several years. The implication is that they only left again when Ephemural offered to turn Mary back into a human in exchange for using her as its avatar. The last time we saw Mary was during the whole thing with Ephemural trying to possess Flora; as far as I know we don't know where she went after that, given that she *doesn't* seem to have accompanied Raine and the rest of group B back to Pinewood. (That's all from memory as I don't have time to go looking right at the moment, but I *think* I have the events straight.)

The story has morphed so much over time that it's hard to keep track of what has happened. Looking at when Raine first told the story of how she came to meet Group B there was no mention of her ever living in Lynknoll. But when you mention it I seem to remember her mentioning having lived there, but I don't remember anything about Ephemural offering to turn Mary back into a human... Archive diving is so time consuming, mostly because I always becomes sidetracked, spending hours looking at things having nothing to do with what I dove into archive to find...
Well, we know that what Raine says in that strip can't be the *whole* story, because Trace's takeover and cursing of Mary happened 4 years ago, yet Raine describes it as if Euchre releasing them happened just before Raine met group B. More to the point, earlier Raine explicitly says that she and Mary lived in Lynknoll for 'quite a while' after Trace took over. The most logical conclusion I can draw is that the living in Lynknoll happened after Euchre released them and before the events of the start of the comic, presumably that 'quite a while' accounting for most of the missing 4 years. I don't know why Raine wouldn't mention it in strip 729 (Tom forgot? Raine doesn't want to tell the full story for some reason?), but it's the only way it makes sense to me.

The thing with Ephemural and Mary is part of that somewhat-confusing early storyline of the first 6 chapters. Specifically, in a couple of strips in chapter 6-2 when (some!) things are finally starting to be explained, Mary tells Euchre what had happened.

(Now that I'm home I actually have time to go look this up! And yeah, archive diving can be time consuming.)

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#42 Post by GaySailors »

It'll be interesting for sure. But, I do know of one thing we can be certain of about Rose: She knows about Keith and Natani.

Jokes aside, I really think this is going to be interesting. I like the idea of Team B meeting with Team A, and Raine and Rose meet, but that would mean that they A) Manage to end up at the Legacy Estate, but they'd probably be captured by the guard without Trace being aware, or B) Rose joins them and they meet up. Its likely the first, that they head to the town but get captured since half their party is wolf, but how would Team A be aware of that? Natani's link is severed, and its not like Trace is the military authority there.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#43 Post by Warrl »

GaySailors wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 pmthey {Team B} head to the town but get captured since half their party is wolf, but how would Team A be aware of that? Natani's link is severed, and its not like Trace is the military authority there.
Oh, that's easy. The town guard capture them - three wolves and three wolf-sympathizers - and lock them up, taking away their jewelry for safekeeping. If anyone mentions that the anklet Zen is wearing is a magic repressor, the guards (not trusting their word about what the anklet *does*, but trusting that these hoodlums for some reason find it desirable to keep it) will make absolutely certain to take it.

Thus, Natani learns that they are in town and locked up.

Oh, and yes, Trace IS the military authority here. Or, more precisely, he's the Duke, and the military authority (or at least the town guard) answers to him.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#44 Post by Cyon »

Warrl wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:46 am
GaySailors wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 pmthey {Team B} head to the town but get captured since half their party is wolf, but how would Team A be aware of that? Natani's link is severed, and its not like Trace is the military authority there.
Oh, that's easy. The town guard capture them - three wolves and three wolf-sympathizers - and lock them up, taking away their jewelry for safekeeping. If anyone mentions that the anklet Zen is wearing is a magic repressor, the guards (not trusting their word about what the anklet *does*, but trusting that these hoodlums for some reason find it desirable to keep it) will make absolutely certain to take it.
That is assuming that the suppressor's effects are reversed as soon as it is removed with no ill consequences. I know we already discussed it a while back but it is still possible that the link put in place by Clovis is gone forever, and although unlikely we'll just have to wait and find out.
As for what I think will happen when team B reaches the city, they will be able to enter unopposed as most soldiers will have been sent over to the wolfpens except for Kei's division. When the latter are told to go over to intercept, Zen will most likely spit up something about Trace at which point they would be put under arrest in his mansion both as they seem to know each other and because the pens used to hold prisoners are currently being invaded. They probably won't receive a very rough treatment unless some other wolves meet up with them before they reach Edimire.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:18 pm (Now that I'm home I actually have time to go look this up! And yeah, archive diving can be time consuming.)
Thanks for the reminder that I still need to re-read most of the early chapters :P
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Meribah
Citizen

#45 Post by Meribah »

Aw, Keith and Natani are so cute together! I love the way they tease each other and are so comfortable in each other's presence. Plus, I like the way Natani pulled Keith's tale, both literally and metaphorically! :D