Citizen

Re: Comic for May 27th, 2017: Realizing the Perks

#32 Post by Aurora »

LOL! Wow! She's putting Keith in an awkward situation! XD

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#33 Post by Dadrobit »

Huh, haven't perused the general discussion page in a while, I should change that...

On one hand, I love this page, I really, truly, honestly do. But on the other, it does seem odd considering that only yesterday, (to Natani) Natani seemed aghast at the idea of even calling it a relationship.

But I suppose alcohol does have the effect of making Natani rather... Brazen.

Alright, place your bets on Kieth doubling down after being mocked and calling the bluff with a stern, "Yes, yes I do." It wouldn't be that hard for him to get so comfortable I don't think; it's not like Natani's the first keidran he's been with after all. :mrgrin:

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#34 Post by Cyon »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:37 pm Huh, haven't perused the general discussion page in a while, I should change that...

On one hand, I love this page, I really, truly, honestly do. But on the other, it does seem odd considering that only yesterday, (to Natani) Natani seemed aghast at the idea of even calling it a relationship.
Maybe, but I wouldn't underestimate the mental transformation she has undergone while unconscious. It might be fast in terms of real time passing, but meeting her younger self really pushed her to accepting herself as she is.
Dadrobit wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:37 pm Alright, place your bets on Kieth doubling down after being mocked and calling the bluff with a stern, "Yes, yes I do." It wouldn't be that hard for him to get so comfortable I don't think; it's not like Natani's the first keidran he's been with after all. :mrgrin:
Totally 8)
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#35 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
I am so so happy
Natani and Keith have actually become people I *genuinely* care about; I have spent so much time with this comic and investing emotions into it that I've come to form a real emotional attachment and affinity and empathy for Natani and Keith. Especially since as opposed to Trace and Flora who were very quickly together with pretty much no character development or exploration, Natani and Keith and their relationship has been developed and explored for years. It feels so genuine. It's real *affection* and *compassion*. It reminds me of my feelings of falling in love. I just really... *identify* with it somehow. :heart:
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 5:40 am I suppose this could represent Natani feeling free to experiment for the first time, with the only person he's ever *wanted* to experiment with (and the only person he's ever felt he could trust with that sort of thing), now that he's started to admit that he doesn't have to automatically reject everything about his body as anathema. It *is* his body, and if he's going to accept it at all then he's going to want to OWN it, because that's the sort of person he is. It still feels fast to me, but if anyone's going to be pushing the limits it *is* going to be Natani, so maybe. I still think it would be out of character for them to both suddenly be ready to hop into bed and go at it, though. We'll see. I hope Tom handles this carefully, because this plotline definitely has some potential pitfalls and traps.
This is exactly how I feel. For the first time Natani has actually made peace with their body, and for the first time they are with someone they feel comfortable enough with to *want* to experiment with. I too doubt that Natani and Keith are going to go all the way any time soon, but I think Natani was only semi-joking with that final line. Natani loves Keith and *wants* to be intimate with him, and is finally willing to explore such intimacy. Oh, and of course, a bit of wine doesn't hurt either.

Diabolicon
Citizen

#36 Post by Diabolicon »

*spittakes his coffee onto his monitor before blasting through the ceiling with a plume of nasal blood*

Girault
Citizen

#37 Post by Girault »

Well, that escalated quickly.

And while it does seem a little out of character for Natani, it's good that he's finally at some level of peace with his body.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#38 Post by Ddraig »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 5:35 am
phpBB [video]

Buckle up, boys and girls, we're going right to second base! Ah, but then it wouldn't be the first time Keith has seen how much of a handful Natani's womanliness can be. This time with permission!

On a more critical note; I have to applaud Tom's progression as a comic artist that he can now flip between comedy and serious matters so fluidly and portray the interplay between these two diametrically opposed characters. Though the depth of Keith's ear wound seems to change from panel to panel, at least the facial scar is somewhat visible this time.
Nor the second...
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Shadowkey392

#39 Post by Shadowkey392 »

CrRAR wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:30 am Image
Realizing the Perks

Natani puttin' on the moves (and the hyucks). That White Wolf Wine is doing its job. :mrgreen:

P.S. Love that Youngtani gets a brief enthusiastic appearance and almost-instant snub. Natani clearly has his boundaries drawn. "This is mah body an' I do wha' I want!"
C'mon, Keith! Go for Second! Go for Second! You know you want to!

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by SpottedKitty »

Ddraig wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 10:29 pm Nor the second...
Heh, I almost forgot about that one. Anyone like to guesstimate how many times Natani's barked out "I realise that now!"? It's definitely taking on the appearance of a regular catchphrase. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#41 Post by Schrodinger »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:10 am
Heh, I almost forgot about that one. Anyone like to guesstimate how many times Natani's barked out "I realise that now!"? It's definitely taking on the appearance of a regular catchphrase. :wink:
Nor is it the first time we've seen Natani belly laugh.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Ddraig
Templar Master

#42 Post by Ddraig »

Schrodinger wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:28 am
You know, I didn't think about it before, but judging by how he's greeting "Natani" in that, he probably won't be terribly upset with Natani's offer in this page
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#43 Post by Schrodinger »

Ddraig wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 8:17 am
Schrodinger wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 6:28 am
You know, I didn't think about it before, but judging by how he's greeting "Natani" in that, he probably won't be terribly upset with Natani's offer in this page
Just like here, alcohol is involved.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Aurora
Citizen

#44 Post by Aurora »

I was just thinking that Natani's almost more okay with this than Keith is, and it's Natani's "problem"! XD

Phaing
Master

#45 Post by Phaing »

amenon wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 5:35 am I, too, laughed really hard at this :grin:
Me too, and I never LOL at a comic. This one just keeps getting me in just the right way.
However ...
amenon wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 5:35 amAlso, youngTani still there. Love it! Can I get an avwolf appearance re: Encino Man? :P
Yeah, about that.
Just came out of nowhere, like a Hummingbird with Rabies.

I absolutely LOVE the liberated Natani, she has jumped from one of my least favorite chars to the top four, and in just the last dozen or so pages. But that Younger Self thing, I had no idea it was still an issue.
Is this a case of replacing one mental crutch with another, or perhaps a true psychotic break in the making?
Maybe this is just my incipient paranoia talking, but if I have to say "poor Kieth" just one more time .... :evil:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw