Comic for May 19, 2017: Catching up with Meals

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for May 19, 2017: Catching up with Meals

#16 Post by AmigaDragon »

I was thinking less about charges (as Trace's guests) and more about Rose: "You ate how much?!" She of course hasn't heard yet about the coma that ended that day just as the fires started.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#17 Post by NiWo21k »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 am I was thinking less about charges (as Trace's guests) and more about Rose: "You ate how much?!"....
It would be more interesting what the kitchen staff was saying through all of this - or does the table also cook and prepare the meals (which i think would be a wet dream for many restaurants today)?
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#18 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

I'm really really happy with how Natani and Keith are here!
I feel like Natani is finally really comfortable with just casually being affectionate with Keith. ^_^
They're becoming a real couple! :D
NiWo21k wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:21 am It would be more interesting what the kitchen staff was saying through all of this - or does the table also cook and prepare the meals (which i think would be a wet dream for many restaurants today)?
Assuming that the food appeared immediately as they asked for it like the wine did, I would assume that it's all premade and kept in magical storage. Like, the cooks have prepared a whole bunch of meals, and once they're done they put these meals into "magical suspension" that makes sure they don't go off, and then the guests are able to order whatever they want from the menu and that meal will appear.

Ssshady

#19 Post by Ssshady »

What's with the "AH~:heart:!"? Is someone having fun in the next room? :roll:

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#20 Post by NiWo21k »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:57 am Assuming that the food appeared immediately as they asked for it like the wine did, I would assume that it's all premade and kept in magical storage. Like, the cooks have prepared a whole bunch of meals, and once they're done they put these meals into "magical suspension" that makes sure they don't go off, and then the guests are able to order whatever they want from the menu and that meal will appear.
Thats what i thought first, but then they should have a) a big magical storage room or b) use some kind of pocket dimension for that where all the food had to be prepared for a mass of people and alot of the same dishes. - ok, in this case the kitchen staff could have a nice life: once a year they have to cook so much that the storage is full and the rest is vacation time :mrgreen: --- i know i am overthinking something in a world where magic is absolutly normal :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by BadJoke »

Nice to see the Templar budget serve a worthy purpose.
Vintage wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 am Both of them are so cute together :heart:
I don't see anything cute here. Just two shirtless manly guys hanging out like true bros. :wink:
Ssshady wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 10:17 am What's with the "AH~:heart:!"? Is someone having fun in the next room? :roll:
More probably Nat letting out a "AH" of satisfaction after a nice meal.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Qwe304
Citizen

#22 Post by Qwe304 »

Sabourok wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:46 am Awwwww love this page. Have to ask though, where's the scar in the last panels with Keith's face?
tom probably forgot about it
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

amenon
Grand Templar

#23 Post by amenon »

Qwe304 wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 2:42 pm
Sabourok wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:46 am Awwwww love this page. Have to ask though, where's the scar in the last panels with Keith's face?
Another art niggle: I think Natani's mouth looks weird in panel 3. (We're seeing the inside of the opposite cheek, but it doesn't look to me like he's actually supposed to be talking out the side of his mouth. No bunched up cheek or anything.)

I love the dynamic of Natani bragging, Keith going 'really?', and Natani backpedaling a bit. Reminds me of myself and a friend a long time ago :grin:

But I bumped pretty hard on a line in the main part of the page: Natani's "But I'm learning to... accept the other side of myself a little bit more." What is this, a job interview? A dating profile? Who would say that, in that context? That's addressing the audience, not Keith. (I probably wouldn't have bumped on it if it was 'starting to', but that's still fairly weak and exposition-y. Better would be Natani saying something that actually demonstrates that that's what's happening.)

Working backwards from there, I think Keith's question 'So then... everything's fixed?' is also off. Something more natural might be 'So then... you don't need the link anymore?' And I think the answer to that question might have been more interesting as well. It's good to get this snapshot into what Natani is thinking, and it's good to see him letting Keith into the loop, but this is more or less confirmation of what we already knew rather than new information. What we don't know -- at least, what I don't know -- is how Natani feels about the link now. The link, and Zen.

But back on the upside, I love love love Keith getting a little flustered when Natani just sits down next to him like it's nothing, and the final exchange :heart:

P.S: Those grapes probably date to the rule of King Madness.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#24 Post by GaySailors »

amenon wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 3:25 pm
Another art niggle: I think Natani's mouth looks weird in panel 3. (We're seeing the inside of the opposite cheek, but it doesn't look to me like he's actually supposed to be talking out the side of his mouth. No bunched up cheek or anything.)

I love the dynamic of Natani bragging, Keith going 'really?', and Natani backpedaling a bit. Reminds me of myself and a friend a long time ago :grin:

But I bumped pretty hard on a line in the main part of the page: Natani's "But I'm learning to... accept the other side of myself a little bit more." What is this, a job interview? A dating profile? Who would say that, in that context? That's addressing the audience, not Keith. (I probably wouldn't have bumped on it if it was 'starting to', but that's still fairly weak and exposition-y. Better would be Natani saying something that actually demonstrates that that's what's happening.)

Working backwards from there, I think Keith's question 'So then... everything's fixed?' is also off. Something more natural might be 'So then... you don't need the link anymore?' And I think the answer to that question might have been more interesting as well. It's good to get this snapshot into what Natani is thinking, and it's good to see him letting Keith into the loop, but this is more or less confirmation of what we already knew rather than new information. What we don't know -- at least, what I don't know -- is how Natani feels about the link now. The link, and Zen.

But back on the upside, I love love love Keith getting a little flustered when Natani just sits down next to him like it's nothing, and the final exchange :heart:

P.S: Those grapes probably date to the rule of King Madness.
I can see where you're coming from on the 3rd panel, but I don't really see the rest. Keith's question seems pretty general, gifted as she made it sound that not only was the link broken but she was now her own person. Natani saying shes learning to accept herself just doesn't come off like you think, it seems perfectly normal that shes mentioning this stuff to Keith, even more so in the context. Shes telling him that while shes starting to accept her more feminine side but she isnt going to change how she lives

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by Cyon »

BadJoke wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:07 pm Nice to see the Templar budget serve a worthy purpose.
Purple velvet couches and crystal chandeliers will probably be the least of their expenses after group A's stay in the mansion!
BadJoke wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:07 pm
Ssshady wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 10:17 am What's with the "AH~:heart:!"? Is someone having fun in the next room? :roll:
More probably Nat letting out a "AH" of satisfaction after a nice meal.
Will say it looks a taaaad out of place, but hey food for thought.
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:57 am I'm really really happy with how Natani and Keith are here!
I feel like Natani is finally really comfortable with just casually being affectionate with Keith. ^_^
They're becoming a real couple! :D
Especially since they're no longer being forced into these awkward situations, but rather choosing to openly be together. It's voluntary meetings like this one that will really move their relationship forwards.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

zy-fi
Citizen

#26 Post by zy-fi »

I think I see a little bit of it. No, wait, it's just jpeg artifacts.
Every day I'm shoopin'

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#27 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Very nice page. Really shows how far both of them have come, personally as well as with each other :)
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#28 Post by Schrodinger »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 am I was thinking less about charges (as Trace's guests) and more about Rose: "You ate how much?!" She of course hasn't heard yet about the coma that ended that day just as the fires started.
This is probably the best meal Natani has ever had. Remember that the siblings joined the guild so they wouldn't starve.

You can also count me among those satisfied tasty these two are starting to act like an actual couple. This has been years in the making and just seeing the two sit together and enjoy a fine meal comfortably with reach other is exactly what I wanted out of this relationship.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#29 Post by Loveknowsbest »

Aww. I love it. Of course​ I like anything these two are in but​ that​ beside the point. Hey, Nat that not exactly​ how it happened. Lol.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#30 Post by Cosmacelf »

While I'm enjoying Keith and Natani's evolving relationship as much as anyone, I wonder if we'll see any evolution between Kat and Eric in Trace's humble abode?