Comic for May 19, 2017: Catching up with Meals

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Qwe304
Citizen

Re: Comic for May 19, 2017: Catching up with Meals

#46 Post by Qwe304 »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 6:27 pm while i am REALLY hoping this goes somewhere... i have a feeling lynn will find a way to interrupt.

because tom likes to tease and torture us when it comes to these two. (;_;)
I prefer to put it that "tom doesn't mind making us wait till it makes sense" and currently, them going much farther than they already have wouldn't make much sense
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Warrl
Grand Templar

#47 Post by Warrl »

Qwe304 wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 pm
ZeroJinKui wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 6:27 pm while i am REALLY hoping this goes somewhere... i have a feeling lynn will find a way to interrupt.

I prefer to put it that "tom doesn't mind making us wait till it makes sense" and currently, them going much farther than they already have wouldn't make much sense
In real life, that wouldn't be a serious impediment... but then, it has been noted that truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#48 Post by GaySailors »

I wouldn't say that really. True for the Tom part, but the situation they're in is perfect for going farther. Think about it. Natani escaped from the fire that very day and was reunited with an emotional Keith, shes had the best meal in her life, they're alone, and the whole fire thing in general ended up making them both happy as they left. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#49 Post by MuonNeutrino »

GaySailors wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:59 pm

I wouldn't say that really. True for the Tom part, but the situation they're in is perfect for going farther. Think about it. Natani escaped from the fire that very day and was reunited with an emotional Keith, shes had the best meal in her life, they're alone, and the whole fire thing in general ended up making them both happy as they left. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened.
The *situation* is perfect for going farther, yes, but only if the two of them are actually ready for that, and it doesn't feel to me that they are (particularly Natani). *Closer* to ready than they used to be? Sure. But I don't think they're ready to take that final step yet. I mean, Natani just got finished saying that "no mental pep-talk is going to reverse black magic, or undo years of experience", and IMO the two of them suddenly now being ready to just fall into bed and go at it *would* pretty much be that. I don't think that what Natani experienced is going to *immediately* make him comfortable with the idea of using those bits he said he was never going to use - but perhaps, it's what will allow him to *eventually* decide that he'd be ok with that.

So far, most of Natani's journey has been about admitting that he's allowed to have feelings for Keith. It's all been about overcoming the "I'm a man, therefore I'm not allowed to have feelings for another man" hangups he had, but he hasn't really had to confront the physical gender side of it. But even after partially coming to terms with his feelings for Keith, he's still been adamant about not wanting anything to do with the idea of being a female or anything feminine. He's come a long way towards accepting "I'm a man, but I'm still allowed to have feelings for Keith", but he's only just started to admit that "I'm a man, but it's ok that I have some feminine aspects" might have some validity to it. I think he may well get there, now that he's willing to entertain the idea, but I don't expect him to do so all at once. After all, *how* long did it take for him to take that *first* step? :grin: He only just started to take this next step today, and I don't think it'd fit for it to be completed too quickly.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if this night *does* still represent a new step in their relationship - I just don't expect that step to be 'having sex'. We've already seen, both tonight and previously, that Natani isn't self-conscious about his body anymore around Keith, and Keith isn't particularly self-conscious around Natani anymore either (when Natani isn't startling him anyway!). However, whatever they might have been ok with while asleep, cuddling and sleeping in the same bed seemed to be something they were a bit embarrassed over when they woke up. Not to nearly the same level of stammering incoherence it would have reduced them to before, but still not exactly comfortable. But they've been making some gradual strides towards accepting physical contact, and the step I could see them making this night might be that of being able to *choose* to sleep together and draw comfort from it rather than having it happen accidentally and being embarrassed over it. That is, being more willing to accept *physical* intimacy, and even *romantic* intimacy, even though not necessarily *sexual* intimacy. I would not at all be surprised if this night ends with Natani and Keith sleeping - and *just* sleeping - cuddled up in that nice big bed and being happy about it. (And I think it'd be totally cute. :grin:)

(Of course, that's totally ignoring whatever probably embarrassing thing Tom's planning on doing with those smallclothes, but v0v.)

GaySailors
Merchant

#50 Post by GaySailors »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 am
GaySailors wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:59 pm

The *situation* is perfect for going farther, yes, but only if the two of them are actually ready for that, and it doesn't feel to me that they are (particularly Natani). *Closer* to ready than they used to be? Sure. But I don't think they're ready to take that final step yet. I mean, Natani just got finished saying that "no mental pep-talk is going to reverse black magic, or undo years of experience", and IMO the two of them suddenly now being ready to just fall into bed and go at it *would* pretty much be that. I don't think that what Natani experienced is going to *immediately* make him comfortable with the idea of using those bits he said he was never going to use - but perhaps, it's what will allow him to *eventually* decide that he'd be ok with that.

So far, most of Natani's journey has been about admitting that he's allowed to have feelings for Keith. It's all been about overcoming the "I'm a man, therefore I'm not allowed to have feelings for another man" hangups he had, but he hasn't really had to confront the physical gender side of it. But even after partially coming to terms with his feelings for Keith, he's still been adamant about not wanting anything to do with the idea of being a female or anything feminine. He's come a long way towards accepting "I'm a man, but I'm still allowed to have feelings for Keith", but he's only just started to admit that "I'm a man, but it's ok that I have some feminine aspects" might have some validity to it. I think he may well get there, now that he's willing to entertain the idea, but I don't expect him to do so all at once. After all, *how* long did it take for him to take that *first* step? :grin: He only just started to take this next step today, and I don't think it'd fit for it to be completed too quickly.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if this night *does* still represent a new step in their relationship - I just don't expect that step to be 'having sex'. We've already seen, both tonight and previously, that Natani isn't self-conscious about his body anymore around Keith, and Keith isn't particularly self-conscious around Natani anymore either (when Natani isn't startling him anyway!). However, whatever they might have been ok with while asleep, cuddling and sleeping in the same bed seemed to be something they were a bit embarrassed over when they woke up. Not to nearly the same level of stammering incoherence it would have reduced them to before, but still not exactly comfortable. But they've been making some gradual strides towards accepting physical contact, and the step I could see them making this night might be that of being able to *choose* to sleep together and draw comfort from it rather than having it happen accidentally and being embarrassed over it. That is, being more willing to accept *physical* intimacy, and even *romantic* intimacy, even though not necessarily *sexual* intimacy. I would not at all be surprised if this night ends with Natani and Keith sleeping - and *just* sleeping - cuddled up in that nice big bed and being happy about it. (And I think it'd be totally cute. :grin:)

(Of course, that's totally ignoring whatever probably embarrassing thing Tom's planning on doing with those smallclothes, but v0v.)
For the most part I agree, but I did find a few holes. When Natani told Kat about her intended use, or lack thereof, of her body, I think that it relays the opposite of what she originally claimed. Hear me out on this. For starters, this was pre-recognition of Natani's feelings for Keith. When they kissed in the Basitin Isles I assume she really was just under a lot of stress, but that was a sure confirmation. That isn't important though, what is important is the next page for Team A. She clearly didn't want to put a "label" on their relationship, but I'm not so sure now. She originally said she hated her female body because she thought it made her weak, and that she didn't like being controlled by the uterus's needs. She knows she can be strong without being a man, albeit her not being completely comfortable being seen as a woman. At the very least, she might be open to admitting they're dating.

I would say that it's a flip of the coin whether or not she feels comfortable enough and in control of her body yet, and it seems shes been making advances. Not walking around in a dress exactly, but in private, she feels really comfortable, at least enough to show it around Keith. Again, boils down to just how comfortable she is. I'm fairly certain those small clothes are gonna be used at some point. Whether its on Keith or Natani I don't know, but I think we'll see them again.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#51 Post by MuonNeutrino »

GaySailors wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 am <quote tree snipped>

For the most part I agree, but I did find a few holes. When Natani told Kat about her intended use, or lack thereof, of her body, I think that it relays the opposite of what she originally claimed. Hear me out on this. For starters, this was pre-recognition of Natani's feelings for Keith. When they kissed in the Basitin Isles I assume she really was just under a lot of stress, but that was a sure confirmation. That isn't important though, what is important is the next page for Team A. She clearly didn't want to put a "label" on their relationship, but I'm not so sure now. She originally said she hated her female body because she thought it made her weak, and that she didn't like being controlled by the uterus's needs. She knows she can be strong without being a man, albeit her not being completely comfortable being seen as a woman. At the very least, she might be open to admitting they're dating.

I would say that it's a flip of the coin whether or not she feels comfortable enough and in control of her body yet, and it seems shes been making advances. Not walking around in a dress exactly, but in private, she feels really comfortable, at least enough to show it around Keith. Again, boils down to just how comfortable she is. I'm fairly certain those small clothes are gonna be used at some point. Whether its on Keith or Natani I don't know, but I think we'll see them again.
I actually agree with you for the most part. I don't think he unconsciously meant the opposite in his statement to Kat, but I do agree that he's steadily becoming more open to the whole thing. Really I just differ on the timing, I think - I just think it'll still go a bit slow, mostly because it took quite a while for him to finally make the *last* major admission and it just seems odd to me that he'd be ready to fully accept the *next* major step this quickly. I think he *will* accept it, just not fully quite yet, that it'll be a process that'll take a little while to work through like last time. I do expect the smallclothes to make an appearance, I do expect them to continue to become more open around each other and more accepting of showing affection, I just don't expect it to go *too* far too fast, not yet - not *this* night, anyway.

GaySailors
Merchant

#52 Post by GaySailors »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 3:25 am
GaySailors wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 am <quote tree snipped>

I actually agree with you for the most part. I don't think he unconsciously meant the opposite in his statement to Kat, but I do agree that he's steadily becoming more open to the whole thing. Really I just differ on the timing, I think - I just think it'll still go a bit slow, mostly because it took quite a while for him to finally make the *last* major admission and it just seems odd to me that he'd be ready to fully accept the *next* major step this quickly. I think he *will* accept it, just not fully quite yet, that it'll be a process that'll take a little while to work through like last time. I do expect the smallclothes to make an appearance, I do expect them to continue to become more open around each other and more accepting of showing affection, I just don't expect it to go *too* far too fast, not yet - not *this* night, anyway.
WELP

The latest update in the comic seems to have taken most of what you thought and thrown it out the window, the train has left station and Natani is shoveling coal into it as quickly as she can.