Comic for May 4, 2017: Instant Roomservice

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic for May 4, 2017: Instant Roomservice

#76 Post by avwolf »

I love that final panel so much. Beautiful, impish expressions. Just a total delight.
GaySailors wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 10:50 pmYeah. I do think that if it were able to happen, it might have already become public though. Granted it isn't normal, but humans have keidren who they exploit for sex. You'd think at least one of them might mention it or something, because that's pretty groundbreaking.
Timing-wise, there's not much chance of it becoming very public yet. At this stage, I imagine most people are going to trust that their knowledge of what is and is not impossible has not been suddenly ruined by a demigod (even if that trust is misplaced) and will come up with other explanations for the apparently pregnant individuals. The comic strongly implies (and storytelling would demand) that Trace and Flora's child will be the first to be born, so there probably won't be public knowledge of hybrids until after their child is born. (And FWIW, there is likely enough Keidran who exploit Humans for sex; the comic is very much "two-way road" when it comes to being terrible. Also, there's Lyn'Knoll and a handful of other places, where "exploitation" is not necessary.)

As others have noted, Tom's on record for saying that Keidran and Basitins can't have children, and there's no obvious implication in Ephemural's words that Basitin and Keidran crossbreeds will begin to exist. It still makes me sad, because I want KeithxNatani babies (the best babies). That said, I don't think either of them would jump to the kind of intimacy that would involve running the bases, so to speak. They're still awkward teenagers (to some extent literally) in the ways of love, and they've both got their various hang-ups where it comes to intimacy, especially physical intimacy. There might be some touching, but anything more is going to be way out of character. Maybe, if Keith gets really, really drunk, there might be a foot massage. And Lynn will have that heart attack. :P

On the topic of drunkenness, it's worth considering that the only Keidran Keith had a baseline for when he made his statement regarding how easily Keidran got drunk were significantly more slight in build than Natani. (Also, there's the racism to consider.) Natani has both a fairly high body mass and, ah, experience when it comes to inebriation. I suspect Natani will not be substantially more impaired than Keith would be, sharing a bottle of wine. (Basitins might be highly tolerant of poisons, but that doesn't seem to make them resistant to inebriation; if anything it just allows them pursue it more vigorously.)

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#77 Post by Schrodinger »

avwolf wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 11:50 pm I love that final panel so much. Beautiful, impish expressions. Just a total delight.
GaySailors wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 10:50 pmYeah. I do think that if it were able to happen, it might have already become public though. Granted it isn't normal, but humans have keidren who they exploit for sex. You'd think at least one of them might mention it or something, because that's pretty groundbreaking.
Timing-wise, there's not much chance of it becoming very public yet. At this stage, I imagine most people are going to trust that their knowledge of what is and is not impossible has not been suddenly ruined by a demigod (even if that trust is misplaced) and will come up with other explanations for the apparently pregnant individuals. The comic strongly implies (and storytelling would demand) that Trace and Flora's child will be the first to be born, so there probably won't be public knowledge of hybrids until after their child is born. (And FWIW, there is likely enough Keidran who exploit Humans for sex; the comic is very much "two-way road" when it comes to being terrible. Also, there's Lyn'Knoll and a handful of other places, where "exploitation" is not necessary.)

As others have noted, Tom's on record for saying that Keidran and Basitins can't have children, and there's no obvious implication in Ephemural's words that Basitin and Keidran crossbreeds will begin to exist. It still makes me sad, because I want KeithxNatani babies (the best babies). That said, I don't think either of them would jump to the kind of intimacy that would involve running the bases, so to speak. They're still awkward teenagers (to some extent literally) in the ways of love, and they've both got their various hang-ups where it comes to intimacy, especially physical intimacy. There might be some touching, but anything more is going to be way out of character. Maybe, if Keith gets really, really drunk, there might be a foot massage. And Lynn will have that heart attack. :P

On the topic of drunkenness, it's worth considering that the only Keidran Keith had a baseline for when he made his statement regarding how easily Keidran got drunk were significantly more slight in build than Natani. (Also, there's the racism to consider.) Natani has both a fairly high body mass and, ah, experience when it comes to inebriation. I suspect Natani will not be substantially more impaired than Keith would be, sharing a bottle of wine. (Basitins might be highly tolerant of poisons, but that doesn't seem to make them resistant to inebriation; if anything it just allows them pursue it more vigorously.)
Well congratulations, avwolf on giving me a humorous new prediction for the coming events between the two of them. I can see Natani and Keith going shot-for-shot until the larger wolf finally hits the table. Keith, being the gentlebasitin that he is would carry his beau to bed only for Natani to get a bit handsy (and a bit mouthy) on the little guy and leave him in a compromising position on Natani's bed.

And then Lynn walks in...
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#78 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Schrodinger wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 2:02 am
avwolf wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 11:50 pm I love that final panel so much. Beautiful, impish expressions. Just a total delight.

Well congratulations, avwolf on giving me a humorous new prediction for the coming events between the two of them. I can see Natani and Keith going shot-for-shot until the larger wolf finally hits the table. Keith, being the gentlebasitin that he is would carry his beau to bed only for Natani to get a bit handsy (and a bit mouthy) on the little guy and leave him in a compromising position on Natani's bed.

And then Lynn walks in...

Or rather Lynn would have to schedule himself for a heart attack :P
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#79 Post by GaySailors »

Like I mentioned, of course humans and keidran have sex, but as slaves are, it seems pretty common. Sure, the one tiger in town got pregnant, she must have had another keidren in bed. But when it happens again, and again, and again, there might be some questions. What the explanation would be doesn't matter, just that they're getting pregnant with guys. Of course, it isn't happening. Just to Flora and Trace like you said. I was just trying to say that some basitin wolf babies won't be coming.

But that's not true at all because we all know Tom is gonna give in to making it happen at some point, but I kinda hope he doesn't Don't kill me for saying it, but Natani being a mother just seems... off. I can picture it happening somehow, but it would require her to completely give in to accepting she's a woman. As far off as I can see, that doesn't seem like its happening anytime soon, but it could I guess. I'd just rather see her as a badass... who cuddles with people.

Qwe304
Citizen

#80 Post by Qwe304 »

GaySailors wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 am Well, it should be mentioned that the ability for Trace to have a kid with Flora was a special blessing. Keith and Natani didn't get that, so at least for now, pregnancy is impossible.

Insert Maddie.
i don't believe it was a one time "blessing"
in comic 206: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/206/
Ephemural says "from now on" inferring that its not a one time thing
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

GES280

#81 Post by GES280 »

the face of kids who have figured out how to pick the lock to the liquor cabinet.

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#82 Post by GaySailors »

Qwe304 wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 5:05 pm
GaySailors wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 am Well, it should be mentioned that the ability for Trace to have a kid with Flora was a special blessing. Keith and Natani didn't get that, so at least for now, pregnancy is impossible.

Insert Maddie.
Eh, seems more logical to think that he's referencing their kid will exist, and so the species will exist from now on.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#83 Post by MuonNeutrino »

GaySailors wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 10:42 pm
Qwe304 wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 5:05 pm
GaySailors wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 amWell, it should be mentioned that the ability for Trace to have a kid with Flora was a special blessing. Keith and Natani didn't get that, so at least for now, pregnancy is impossible.
Eh, seems more logical to think that he's referencing their kid will exist, and so the species will exist from now on.
Except one hybrid does not a species make. If it's just Trace and Flora's kid, that only puts off any potential extinction by however long the lifespan is, which doesn't strike me as a particularly useful long-term solution to Ephemural's problem. Perhaps one might postulate that the resulting human/keidran hybrids (and their further offspring) would be interfertile with both humans and keidran, thus allowing a mixed human and keidran community like lynknoll to gradually meld into an entire community of hybrids over many generations even if trace and flora are the only *pure* human/keidran couple to be allowed to conceive a child, but that strikes me as a needlessly roundabout way to accomplish that, particularly as it renders the entire endeavor very slow and highly vulnerable to being wiped out by chance fluctuations due to low numbers. IMO, the simplest interpretation is to assume that human/keidran hybrids are now possible for everyone; at least, if we assume Ephemural's goal is 'ensure long-term survival for the keidran race in some form'.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#84 Post by Warrl »

Timing-wise, when Ephemural made the change relative to Flora's estrus and her activities with Trace, it's extremely likely that Flora is among the very first - and possibly THE first - female to become pregnant via a keidran/human mating. Even assuming that Ephemural's work affected keidran and humans in general and in both directions.

If that's the case, then there have been no hybrids born yet, aside from possible miscarriages - and it doesn't seem likely to me that their medical science is advanced enough to recognize a hybrid from a pre-half-term miscarriage, plus they'd probably blame such miscarriages on the fact of the fetus being "deformed".

So knowledge that hybrids are even possible is limited to:
a) pregnant girls who KNOW they've not mated with their own race, and
b) friends and family who believe them, in spite of the long-known fact that cross-species matings don't cause pregnancy.

I submit that (b) above is likely to be a pretty small group of people. Not nobody-at-all, but still small.

And there are a fair number of young ladies in group (a), particularly a decent share of the young ladies in Lyn'knoll where neither species is culturally branded as inferior or subservient.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#85 Post by avwolf »

Warrl wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 4:28 pmSo knowledge that hybrids are even possible is limited to:
a) pregnant girls who KNOW they've not mated with their own race, and
b) friends and family who believe them, in spite of the long-known fact that cross-species matings don't cause pregnancy.

I submit that (b) above is likely to be a pretty small group of people. Not nobody-at-all, but still small.

And there are a fair number of young ladies in group (a), particularly a decent share of the young ladies in Lyn'knoll where neither species is culturally branded as inferior or subservient.
Considering that even in our modern era, with all the benefits of modern medicine and medical knowledge, one hears stories that there are women who don't realize they're pregnant until late in the term, I would suspect that there are plenty of individuals in group (a) who also are unaware; particularly Keidran, who don't have an indication like "huh, my monthly cycle isn't cycling like it's supposed to..." to clue them in. Flora herself didn't consider it a real possibility until the Basidian doctor insisted that she was pregnant. Since Human x Keidran hybrids are "impossible," I'd expect that most people, even experiencing it, are going to doubt that it's real and invent other explanations for themselves. There might be a scant handful of people beyond Flora and Trace who know that they've got a "miracle child" coming, but I'd guess you could probably count those people on your fingers and still have plenty of phalanges to spare.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#86 Post by DragnMastralex »

Anyone know what is happening? this comic came out on the 4th and here it is the 19th and still no new comic. Is Tom sick?

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#87 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Tom is still working on the next comic page. I believe he was doing some during last night's Picarto stream, though I wasn't actually around to watch. He will most likely work on it again tonight during Sage's multistream. Please be patient. :wink:
Videre videnda.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#88 Post by Ddraig »

Foxx Trotter wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:33 pm Tom is still working on the next comic page. I believe he was doing some during last night's Picarto stream, though I wasn't actually around to watch. He will most likely work on it again tonight during Sage's multistream. Please be patient. :wink:
at the end of the stream he put in the speech bubbles, with text, on the (I assume) next page he's going to post and announced it 'finished'. The delay of him posting it (and that it was a different scene) do make me wonder if it was the page after this next one
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#89 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Ddraig wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm
Foxx Trotter wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:33 pm Tom is still working on the next comic page. I believe he was doing some during last night's Picarto stream, though I wasn't actually around to watch. He will most likely work on it again tonight during Sage's multistream. Please be patient. :wink:
at the end of the stream he put in the speech bubbles, with text, on the (I assume) next page he's going to post and announced it 'finished'. The delay of him posting it (and that it was a different scene) do make me wonder if it was the page after this next one
He may be doing a one-week buffer. I did notice the second comic page he was working on a few days ago.
Videre videnda.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#90 Post by Ddraig »

Foxx Trotter wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 pm
Ddraig wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm
He may be doing a one-week buffer. I did notice the second comic page he was working on a few days ago.
There was also some talk of an update schedule change during the stream (which I'm not entirely sure if it's kosher to expound on here without Tom putting it onto something more permanent) but it wouldn't be a week
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."