Comic for May 4, 2017: Instant Roomservice

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kitch
Apprentice

Re: Comic for May 4, 2017: Instant Roomservice

#61 Post by Kitch »

They're going to (get caught) have(ing) sex, aren't they?

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#62 Post by Dadrobit »

Kitch wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 10:09 am They're going to (get caught) have(ing) sex, aren't they?
Not a chance.

Caught by Rose, Reni, or Lynn the next morning with a hangover and less clothes than is suitable for a Basitin General? Much more likely.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#63 Post by Cyon »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am
GaySailors wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 am If you want my predictions, Natani is gonna get drunk fast. It's likely Keith won't, they're immune to a lot of things, I'd imagine alcohol is one of them.

So now theres a drunk Natani (likely) advancing on Keith whos sober. If Keith could resist her while he was guarding her door, he could probably do it again...right? :shock:
Predictions? Something like this. "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."
Yeah that's the most likely picture of reference.
I wonder if they'll stay confined to the room or if Nat will escape while Keith has his eyes turned (dunno what for, just something stupid probably) and get them into trouble?
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Darekun
Traveler

#64 Post by Darekun »

Schrodinger wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am Predictions? Something like this. "I'm not as think as you drunk I am."
If this were human booze they'd just ordered, I'd suggest they limit Natani to whiskeywine kisses, to avoid exactly that kind of one-sided situation :roll: But that's keidran booze, which probably either is weak, or has something so it hits keidran slower. If basitin alcohol is particularly strong, then they can order a bottle of that and each keep to his own bottle, for synchronized buzzes.

That said, buzzed is quite enough for drunken hijinks to ensue, including less-cautious drinking…

LordWeirdo
Traveler

#65 Post by LordWeirdo »

My primary thought after reading this page: "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."

I also concur with those who think the look in the last panel suggests exploiting the delivery system rather than sleeping together, but they will likely find themselves in awkward circumstances by morning...

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#66 Post by TheMouse »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 10:59 am
Kitch wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 10:09 am They're going to (get caught) have(ing) sex, aren't they?
Not a chance.

Caught by Rose, Reni, or Lynn the next morning with a hangover and less clothes than is suitable for a Basitin General? Much more likely.
Half in the fountain, too.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#67 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

TheMouse wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 2:27 pm
Not a chance.

Nonsense, its fine, who knows, if Kat finds them she'll likely want to join in! :wink:
I wonder if we could get that to work here on my campus, that'd be awfully useful.
Also dammit, no Kieth X Natani goodness. I WANT MY BALF... WOLASTIAN..... Tiny wolf basitians!

Also hi mouse
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#68 Post by Cyon »

MUDPUNISHER wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 pm
Not a chance.

Nonsense, its fine, who knows, if Kat finds them she'll likely want to join in! :wink:
I wonder if we could get that to work here on my campus, that'd be awfully useful.
Also dammit, no Kieth X Natani goodness. I WANT MY BALF... WOLASTIAN..... Tiny wolf basitins!

Also hi mouse
Ah I see, three times the fun!

It just occurred to me how different the story will be once Flora has her child (and if Keith and Nat do too). Will they still be able to continue adventuring or will it all be over? (;_;)

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#69 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Cyon wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 11:11 pm
MUDPUNISHER wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 pm
Not a chance.

Also dammit, no Kieth X Natani goodness. I WANT MY BALF... WOLASTIAN..... Tiny wolf basitins!

Also hi mouse
Ah I see, three times the fun!

It just occurred to me how different the story will be once Flora has her child (and if Keith and Nat do too). Will they still be able to continue adventuring or will it all be over? (;_;)
Would they need to?

I keep imagining the amount of trouble a clutch of Flora + Trace and Nat + Keith offspring (plus Maeve, because cute is a superpower) could get into under the enthusiastic, if unofficial, tutelage of Maddie and Reni (somehow I see her as very susceptible to the combined power of Madness manipulation and huge eyes of children hoping to enlist her help with some cunning plan...). I'm sure this would be enough to keep their parents too busy to even thinking about adventuring...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#70 Post by BadFoMo »

Nanaro wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 6:39 amThis is interesting and is going to be fun , but is it strange to say that I don't want them to have sex yet. I've been mauling that over the past few months, I would like to them have a more romantic kiss , but sex seems more like something they would try after Keith's decision on what he is going to do, Also I think it would be odd to have Natani Pregnant as well or at least before the final end
Bizkit wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 6:52 amAm I the only one who doesn't like where this may lead, whether that be drunken hijinks, sexual hijinks or both? I don't like it when people drink to get drunk and I don't like yaoi.
I... think I'm inclined to agree. I mean, as much as I would like to see Natani pregnant in the comic, I think now would be too soon/not a good way to have a child. I see both Keith and Natani as responsible individuals; I don't think they would both get plastered out of their minds and go straight to the bedroom. I think this is more of a case of enjoying free luxuries after having gone through a lot of stressful Bull-ness.

Anyway, a sort of conspiracy came up in the stream for the page. What if the complementary food and drinks are drugged? The original idea was that Old Trace needed test subjects for his experiments on bringing his wife back from the dead. What better way to kill two birds with one stone (get test subjects and exact revenge) then to invite Keidran to his estate, let them sample the complementary food and drinks which would otherwise be expensive/rare, become incapacitated from the sedatives in said food and drinks, and then be taken to the laboratory/dungeon for experimenting? It was then brought up that he could've just simply bought Keidran slaves and no one would've been the wiser, but what if this was needed for Human test subjects?

Also, anyone else think that the alt text could've also been “What Cat?”?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#71 Post by GaySailors »

Well, it should be mentioned that the ability for Trace to have a kid with Flora was a special blessing. Keith and Natani didn't get that, so at least for now, pregnancy is impossible.

Insert Maddie.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#72 Post by Warrl »

GaySailors wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 am Well, it should be mentioned that the ability for Trace to have a kid with Flora was a special blessing. Keith and Natani didn't get that, so at least for now, pregnancy is impossible.
We don't know that. Trace and Flora having a kid is something that was not allowed (by godlike beings that can alter the rules of biology) before, but we don't know if the change was specific to those two, or more general. And we also don't know if basitin/keidran or basitin/human were allowed before, let alone whether they are now.

I think the general consensus on the forum is that most likely at least human/keidran is wide open now, which I suspect will be a big shock to a lot of teenage humans and equivalent-age keidran, particularly in Lyn'knoll... and their parents.

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#73 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

Warrl wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 3:49 am
GaySailors wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 am Well, it should be mentioned that the ability for Trace to have a kid with Flora was a special blessing. Keith and Natani didn't get that, so at least for now, pregnancy is impossible.
We don't know that. Trace and Flora having a kid is something that was not allowed (by godlike beings that can alter the rules of biology) before, but we don't know if the change was specific to those two, or more general. And we also don't know if basitin/keidran or basitin/human were allowed before, let alone whether they are now.

I think the general consensus on the forum is that most likely at least human/keidran is wide open now, which I suspect will be a big shock to a lot of teenage humans and equivalent-age keidran, particularly in Lyn'knoll... and their parents.
I think this is the only page where we get to hear what the mask is thinking about it. My interpretation is that the race that has not been allowed for many, many years is keidran half-bloods. And if this is going to make a significant difference it doesn't make sense to only allow one couple to have a kid or kids, so it's likely that this is a major policy shift that affects all keidran. One question that remains is if it is exclusively allowing for keidran-human crossbreeds, or if it's also true for keidran-basitin couples. Personally I root for the later as I hope for Keith and Natani to end up with children. Though at the same time I can't help but worry what that would do to Natani's mind.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#74 Post by Cyon »

BadFoMo wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:26 pmAnyway, a sort of conspiracy came up in the stream for the page. What if the complementary food and drinks are drugged? The original idea was that Old Trace needed test subjects for his experiments on bringing his wife back from the dead. What better way to kill two birds with one stone (get test subjects and exact revenge) then to invite Keidran to his estate, let them sample the complementary food and drinks which would otherwise be expensive/rare, become incapacitated from the sedatives in said food and drinks, and then be taken to the laboratory/dungeon for experimenting? It was then brought up that he could've just simply bought Keidran slaves and no one would've been the wiser, but what if this was needed for Human test subjects?

Also, anyone else think that the alt text could've also been “What Cat?”?
Interesting, sound logical to me each way I look at it. He was trying to bring back a human, so I guess using their souls could have yielded better results, and Trace Legacy did have the type of mentality to have tried something like this out.

Of course, I have my fingers crossed for this not to be the case!

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#75 Post by GaySailors »

Cpt.Obvious wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 3:06 pm
Warrl wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 3:49 am

I think this is the only page where we get to hear what the mask is thinking about it. My interpretation is that the race that has not been allowed for many, many years is keidran half-bloods. And if this is going to make a significant difference it doesn't make sense to only allow one couple to have a kid or kids, so it's likely that this is a major policy shift that affects all keidran. One question that remains is if it is exclusively allowing for keidran-human crossbreeds, or if it's also true for keidran-basitin couples. Personally I root for the later as I hope for Keith and Natani to end up with children. Though at the same time I can't help but worry what that would do to Natani's mind.
Yeah. I do think that if it were able to happen, it might have already become public though. Granted it isn't normal, but humans have keidren who they exploit for sex. You'd think at least one of them might mention it or something, because that's pretty groundbreaking.
Also, the masks did say they needed a species that they haven't allowed to exist. Presumably a human / keidren race. I can't see that being extended to basitin / humans. After all, the whole purpose of this is to stop the human race from destroying the other clans, isn't it? That one mask wanted humans to rule, but the other wanted them all to exist. Perhaps making a wolf / basitin race might help solidify ties between the two? Either way, I think it was fairly blunt that it was a specific case between Trace and Flora. It likely wasn't a coincidence it showed Trace, the man who it's entire plan revolves around, and Flora together. Maybe it isn't though, maybe Danials is gonna be in for a rough ride if things go in the direction the tigress is hoping for. Maybe Keith is going to be able to settle down with a wife (and kid!) after all. Who knows, Tom might change things or listen to what people ask for, or lack thereof.