Comic for April 22nd, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for April 22nd, 2017

#16 Post by Dadrobit »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:32 pm
amenon wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:25 pmEdit: And Chekhov's mirror in panel 2!
:? Am I missing something (or, more likely, forgotten a plot point)? What's the significance of the mirror?
Chekhov's gun is the theory that if you mention that there is a gun on a wall when you are describing a room in a novel, then that gun must go off in the next two chapters or else it was utterly irrelevant and or a red herring.

Here we see a mirror. Natani must use it, (most preferably with only the smallclothes on) within the immediate future or else it is utterly irrelevant and or a red herring.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#17 Post by Hayate »

This page is great in so many ways. So much good stuff. Lynn would flip over that room. Natani is totally gonna end up wearing those smallclothes. The poor seers daughter is gonna be even more scarred for life if that cat keeps watching from the window too :p
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#18 Post by Schrodinger »

Natani needs new bindings, runes on an end table, small clothes, and a mirror. Tom, you devil, what are you up to?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#19 Post by Cosmacelf »

NiWo21k wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:49 pm
Deaththekat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm Is it bad that its mostly keith and natani I read this for now?
You are not alone :wink:
I think these two are the most interessting pair of the whole cast at the moment, and seeing in what kind of trouble they still are getting, i think Tom has alot of fun working with these two, and it definitivly shows it in many of the last pages :D
I agree!

And the small clothes? I think they will be discovered by the most embarrassing person at the most embarrassing time.

Thecommander236

#20 Post by Thecommander236 »

I didn't notice the eyes in the 4th panel at first. That's creepy as hell... Maddy?
Art by my very good friend Arieann Pentagon.

Full Image

Shar
Citizen

#21 Post by Shar »

All this time and Natani still wont call trace by his name. Not even in her THOUGHTS!

I have to wonder if she really knows who she is traveling with... I mean Trace was sort of the Hitler of the two-kinds world, i have a feeling that there might be children's stories in Keidran villages where parents tell there kids to be good or Trace will come back to get them. Could that be WHY she wont call him trace? Is she actively trying to distance herself from him?

FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF TWOKINDS!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#22 Post by Ddraig »

Schrodinger wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:00 am Natani needs new bindings, runes on an end table, small clothes, and a mirror. Tom, you devil, what are you up to?
How about... the runes on the end table activate the auto-dressing mirror and Natani finds out exactly how those smallclothes accentuate her need for new bindings. And the Seer comments just to let us know he's there.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#23 Post by NiWo21k »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 am And the small clothes? I think they will be discovered by the most embarrassing person at the most embarrassing time.
Doesn't Erik at least knock on the door before entering :mrgreen: :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#24 Post by Him »

I hope this isn't a tease because this is adorable.

amenon
Grand Templar

#25 Post by amenon »

saphire_dragon_rider wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:45 pm I'm glad to see Nat is comfortable "in her own fur" around Keith. No need to really wear clothes around him, which is a step in a good direction for not only her, but the two of them.
Natani has been getting there for a while now, and it's a Very Big Deal :heart:

Cyon wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:45 pmI'd say she will do it to try to impress Keith rather than out of curiosity. They're already teasing each other on panel 3, so at least they're becoming increasingly comfortable with being alone together!
Okay, so here's one path I could totally see; Natani treating it like a challenge -- both to himself, and to Keith :P But that still feels a bit heavy on the confidence, so perhaps it'll be something more calm and realtalk-y instead?

Easy guess still remains that Keith walks in on him, though; and consider, if you would, the placement of the mirror relative to the dividing curtain :P

Shar wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:25 am All this time and Natani still wont call trace by his name. Not even in her THOUGHTS!

I have to wonder if she really knows who she is traveling with... I mean Trace was sort of the Hitler of the two-kinds world, i have a feeling that there might be children's stories in Keidran villages where parents tell there kids to be good or Trace will come back to get them. Could that be WHY she wont call him trace? Is she actively trying to distance herself from him?
Natani rarely does call people by name, and I do think it is a way of distancing himself. And if he needs a specific reason with Trace, that's a really good one.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Meribah
Citizen

#26 Post by Meribah »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:07 pm
RowanEx wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:43 pmAlso the cat. The cat keeps following them. Are we bound to see Euchre again by this point? Or... or... that cat will destroy Lyn'knoll if it keeps following them!?

No Nora to stop it.... oh my...
Maeve: Kitty! I will love you, and hold you, and pet you, and call you George.
Meribah wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:30 pmI also found the table with the runes on it interesting. Magic table, anyone? And go for it, Natani. Wear the small clothes. You KNOW you wanna! :P
If it's magical and not just for looks, my only guess would be it controls the room. Think about it, if you're the rich and powerful head of the Templar, wouldn't you have the rooms of your house enchanted so you could control the temperature, how bright the lights are or call a servant/other room?

Now my question about the table is; what's the writing say? We know from the one stream that Tom actually wrote something instead of just bashing the keyboard for the original version of the magic symbol, did he do the same for this one?

Anyway, insert my usual request for the original version here.
I love all the detail Tom puts into his art, especially the magic symbols/runes. They really add that special something to the comic! And me thinks putting the small clothes on a magic table might not have been such a good idea. You never know what might happen! lol

iliar
Traveler

#27 Post by iliar »

Yes. The runes on the table is meaningful text. First there was the text:
Spoiler!
This magical table will create any good for drink if it is contained within the kitchen of the legacy estate. If the recuested food is not available, you die. lol jk
This is just some extra magicy text to look fancy and confuse people
And on the next stream, Tom changed the text to:
Spoiler!
This magical table can summon any food or drink stored within the kitchens of the legacy estate if the item is unavailable, then you die. lol jk
Ignore this this is some additional magical text just to look fancy in this circle.

Phaing
Master

#28 Post by Phaing »

Deaththekat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm Is it bad that its mostly keith and natani I read this for now?
Why would it be? They are the main chars now.

Summoning food, okay, that makes sense. But do you have to know the spells?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Ddraig
Templar Master

#29 Post by Ddraig »

Phaing wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 pm

I doubt it, if only so that non-magical guests can get food too. There's probably a "Press here for chicken a la king" rune
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by Cyon »

Ddraig wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 pm
Phaing wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 pm

I doubt it, if only so that non-magical guests can get food too. There's probably a "Press here for chicken a la king" rune
I can imagine a set of check-boxes that you can tap to fill in a virtual menu. Now that would be hi-tech!
They probably have some magical cooking apparatus in the kitchen to combine ingredients on demand too.

Oh and once again, :heart: :natani: :heart: :keith: :heart:
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-