Comic for April 22nd, 2017

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Comic for April 22nd, 2017

#31 Post by steelabjur »

NiWo21k wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 am
Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 am And the small clothes? I think they will be discovered by the most embarrassing person at the most embarrassing time.
Doesn't Erik at least knock on the door before entering :mrgreen: :wink:
Nat decides to try on small clothes, spots something (maybe the scary eyed kitty outside) that causes her to cry out. Keith runs in to check on her and collides into her accidently, causing both to tumble onto the bed. Lynn, whose room is closest, comes to check on what's going on, finds Nat in small clothes and Keith in his sleeping outfit tangled in the blankets on the bed and mistakes what's going on and gives them "The Look". :Lynn: At least that's my guess. ;)

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#32 Post by Elemental Templar »

Phaing wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:20 pm
Deaththekat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm Is it bad that its mostly keith and natani I read this for now?
Why would it be? They are the main chars now.

Summoning food, okay, that makes sense. But do you have to know the spells?
They're not the main characters technically, but they are still the most popular couple in the series.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by Cyon »

Elemental Templar wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm
Deaththekat wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm Is it bad that its mostly keith and natani I read this for now?

They're not the main characters technically, but they are still the most popular couple in the series.
It's good that they aren't the main characters because I feel we can relate to their problems and worries more easily like this. They are faced with the same things most people encounter in their lives and have a very human way of responding to them. They lead their own personal conflicts, and I find it possible to relate to.

Not everyone is a hero in their stories, it's easier to associate with characters who face more down to earth problems.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#34 Post by GaySailors »

Cyon wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:59 pm
Elemental Templar wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm

It's good that they aren't the main characters because I feel we can relate to their problems and worries more easily like this. They are faced with the same things most people encounter in their lives and have a very human way of responding to them. They lead their own personal conflicts, and I find it possible to relate to.

Not everyone is a hero in their stories, it's easier to associate with characters who face more down to earth problems.
I think that theres two reason why it works, and both of them are honestly really valid as far as literature goes. I'm gonna type a bit :/
Spoiler!
      First, its essentially a new arc. As apposed to being a sub arc when Natani was introduced, the past few chapters have been dedicated to the "side kick" as far as defining it would go. Obviously, the story building is important (and in my opinion, Toms been really good at doing so), but a lot of people base it around the protagonist. When they do include the side characters, it's little things here and there, all relating and working off of the protagonist. Twokinds is a bit different in that the protagonist is actually working off the "side kick". Remember that Keith was the one who brought him to the Isles in the first place. This allowed Keith to have the story focus on him, while still following the protagonists goals, which happens to be just settling down somewhere. This is where the second reason begins. Because they're sort of trapped there (or at least, weren't being tormented by some old fart) the story just flowed off of everyone else, which is something you don't get often. From there, the struggle was away from acceptance, but it got personal. Really personal. Like you said, theres just connection there, and it helps that the Natani / Keith situation was steadily increasing. (Does that make their love problems a sub problem from a sub problem from a sub problem?) Regardless, it kinda pulls the heart strings.

...buuuut I think Natani and Keith being themselves is enough to be attached to :p
They aren't the main characters for sure, but for now, the spotlights on them, and I'm enjoying the show.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#35 Post by Warrl »

(Does that make their love problems a sub problem from a sub problem from a sub problem?)
I don't think either of them would be a sub...

... they'd have an easier time being doms, but I don't think they'd enjoy it much.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#36 Post by Ddraig »

Warrl wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 am
(Does that make their love problems a sub problem from a sub problem from a sub problem?)
I don't think either of them would be a sub...

... they'd have an easier time being doms, but I don't think they'd enjoy it much.
I don't know, something tells me it might still work.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

seek

#37 Post by seek »

They've recently had many emotional situations. After the kiss, Keith believing he'd lost them, and Natani finding more freedom when the connection broke, sharing a room will hopefully lead to even more romance blossoming. Oh, and this page reminded me of Natani once being an assassin. It's hard to believe she'd ever try to harm a stranger :?
Him wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:56 am I hope this isn't a tease because this is adorable.
Comics like to hold attention by dangling a carrot that never gets handed over. But in this scenario a tease would just be unfair (;_;) They're so cute and burdened and I want them to be happy!

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#38 Post by SirJahar »

I'll say it:
Much as I love the Keith and Natani show, its feels like an ensemble cast. In which case, these two get a seemingly dis-proportionately large amount of screen time.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#39 Post by DragnMastralex »

I see the final panel where Natani is thinking of wearing the undies that were made for her and I'm like...

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#40 Post by GaySailors »

To clarify I wasn't talking about them being subs or anything (though I have a suspicion Natani wouldn't be filling in the role anyways). Just that their love problem is a sub problem of them going to the Isles, which in itself is a sub problem of Trace's problem, which is what the main story is.

I feel like they're getting a respectable amount of time though, I never saw it as too much. Really, the ship scenes were pretty equally split between Keith/Natani and Trace/Flora I'd say. But, to think about it at least coming from writing a story, I'd be a bit awkward to fit Trace in right now. Really, I guess it'd be appropriate to say Chapter 10 - 13 were based around them, and a good part of 18 - 19 albeit it not being finished yet, but besides, that, I think it's kinda been equally split in general. Right now, I think Tom wants to focus on them because they, and team B, have a bit more to talk about than Trace and Flora. They've wrapped up some of their loose ends with the pregnancy and relationship issues as well as learning more about his powers, and I think Tom just wants to dedicate time to the carrot thats been dangling in front of the audience ever since Natani was introduced.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#41 Post by SpottedKitty »

Going back a couple of pages to the eyes looking in at the window; I've just remembered something similar happened at one point with Group B — which means the Seer and/or his daughter (I'm not yet 100% convinced they're on the same side) probably know exactly what everyone's up to.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by Cyon »

SpottedKitty wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:38 am Going back a couple of pages to the eyes looking in at the window; I've just remembered something similar happened at one point with Group B — which means the Seer and/or his daughter (I'm not yet 100% convinced they're on the same side) probably know exactly what everyone's up to.
So that they can work around their presence and continue to invade Edimire? They've been pretty passive so far, and I get that they might not want to take direct action against Trace straight after their arrival (it's still their first day in the city) so why keep watch on the group 24/7?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#43 Post by SirJahar »

Cyon wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:42 am so why keep watch on the group 24/7?
Simple: blackmail.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#44 Post by Cyon »

SirJahar wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 am
Aaahhhhh... so possibly capture one of the group when they're alone and force Trace into handing himself over to save them? Or just threaten to expose his relationship with Flora?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#45 Post by Warrl »

Cyon wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am
SirJahar wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 am
Aaahhhhh... so possibly capture one of the group when they're alone and force Trace into handing himself over to save them?
That would be kidnapping, not blackmail.
Or just threaten to expose his relationship with Flora?
That, possibly. Or the relationship between Keith and Natani. Or the facts behind the (illegal) arrangement to free Mike and Evals.

Thing is, if any of these break any laws (the latter definitely does) - those laws are Trace's edicts. So he can revoke them at will. And as both the Duke and a high-power Templar - possibly even still/again Grand Templar - he can simply ignore social embarrassment.

That leaves possible professional embarrassment to Keith, and revealing Natani's physical sex and shifting allegiance to the Brotherhood - who are a keidran Assassin's Guild, so it's at least questionable whether the Seer or is daughter would have contact with them.

And the professional embarrassment to Keith would only really matter in regard to the reaction of high-end human nobility he's dealing with as Ambassador General, and of his immediate superior. The highest-end human nobility he'll be dealing with any time soon is Trace, who already knows about that relationship (probably even better than Keith and Natani do at this point). And does anyone seriously think King Adelaide doesn't also know, or at least strongly suspect?