What are your Top 10 moments in Twokinds?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

What are your Top 10 moments in Twokinds?

#1 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Here's yet another of my open surveys. Here's the question: Out of the however-many pages you've seen at the time of reading this, what ten events, character debuts, etc. stick out most to you?

Here are mine, each with a link:
  1. Maeve's debut. (Page 865)
  2. Trace revealing himself in a selfless act to end the attack on Shepherd's Square. (Page 919)
  3. Trace reassuring Flora that her assassination attempt wouldn't be enough to get him to hate her. (Page 47)
  4. The two Natanis conversing when the younger version wakes up the "main" one by saying "...and because if we don't, I suspect we'll end up burning to death pretty soon (followed by the wake-up with a "Wait, what?"). (Page 933)
  5. Red panicking after misinterpreting Raine's confession that she'd always looked like a Snow Wolf without some form of enchanted suppression device as "Zen's spell having begun to affect her mind." (Page 720)
  6. His confusion after Raine admits that her father, currently a Master Templar, is a Keidran, which spirals into yet another panic attack as he starts thinking he's a Keidran, too. (Page 721)
  7. "Red" sword-pouncing on Tom the Pizza Guy and screaming "In the name of meaningless battle!" (Page 70)
  8. Immediately prior to the previous one, where Keith reveals that the door was unlocked after the wall gets blown apart. (Page 68)
  9. Natani's reaction to King Adelaide revealing that she knows he's biologically a girl after the former tells Zen that the King was also a woman. (Page 591)
  10. Flora's collar in the flashback on Page 76.
Your turn! What's on your Top 10?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

Re: What are your Top 10 moments in Twokinds?

#2 Post by GaySailors »

Jeez, I don't know if I could bring myself to choose just ten, but I can point out a few.

Natani mustering her courage together and the subsequent page.

The floating cup.

The second largest door introduced.

And Alaric flirting messing with Keith not just once, but twice.

Spoiler!
Does Alarics entire existance count as a moment?

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Cyon »

Off the top of my head, the moment in the story which struck me the most was Alaric's death. It made me stop reading for a few minutes to think over what had just happened, the way it was presented was so powerful.

There was also Sythe's killer line "in actuality, I'm the bait" which was quite the plot twist! Made me feel quite sorry for Zen...

Maddie's letter to King Adelaide made for a good laugh too, especially with Mike and Evals' reaction.

Finally, Reni's entrance where she arrested Sarah the adrakist was especially funny due to her complete overreaction.

Can't post links as I'm on mobile, will do so later
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Cyon wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:00 pmCan't post links as I'm on mobile, will do so later
Not so, Cyon. All you'd have to do is copy the link, click the chain button, write what you want as the link text, and in the first "URL" bracket, put an equals right after the "L", then paste the copied site ID.

Here's an example, using Page 1:

Code: Select all

[url=http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1/]<Text>[/url]
(No idea what "select all" means here, though.)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#5 Post by Cosmacelf »

I'm a sap for the relationships. In no particular order:

Keith and Natani hugging on the docks after the ship explosion.

Trace giving Flora the subtleseed crystal.

Trace discovering he's going to be a father (and the next couple of pages).

Laura convincing Keith he has friends and needs to live.

Lady Nora showing her vulnerable side (and the next page).

Although I must say that Natani telling Eric to stop with the "Miss" nonsense was priceless!

In general, Tom has really, really matured with his story telling. The initial chapters were good, but the later ones are exquisite. Tom is obviously a great artist, but he's also become a great story teller.

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Jonesy »

Don't know if I can do 10 off the top of my head, but a few standouts are;

- Laura's death and subsequent reappearance under the heart's desire spell. Got me right in the feels.

- Big damn hero Trace saving Adira's life. Was genuinely convinced she'd die, and that Maeve would tag along with the group. Evidently not, unless something happens to Adira's tavern and she and her daughter join the group then.

- Kathrin offering Natani a relationship. Enough of a surprise to be a meaningful revelation, but has enough grounding in their existing relationship to not come out of left field.

- Kathrin refusing to back down to Eric's brother. Really hope he appears again, especially if Kat and Eric do get into a relationship. His reaction is one I'd want to see.

- Trace and Flora doing the nasty after the awkward revelation of her pregnancy. They were a couple who needed to blow off some steam, and were happy to take some time out to relax.

- Most of Keith and Natani's relationship, especially their various kisses. I'm probably more invested in them than Trace and Flora, honestly.

- The revelation of how many strings Alaric pulled behind the scenes to get Keith in the best possible position. Godspeed, you magnificent [censored].

Warrl
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Warrl »

We're unlikely to see Eric's brother again, and if we do see him it'll probably be a while.

He was in the town guard, of a town that has since been destroyed and (allegedly) most of its people slaughtered. Odds are against him being alive. If he's alive, he's probably part of a group of refugees on the other side of the human lands, or maybe a group of prisoners/slaves in the wolf lands.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#8 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Warrl wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:34 pm We're unlikely to see Eric's brother again, and if we do see him it'll probably be a while.

He was in the town guard, of a town that has since been destroyed and (allegedly) most of its people slaughtered. Odds are against him being alive. If he's alive, he's probably part of a group of refugees on the other side of the human lands, or maybe a group of prisoners/slaves in the wolf lands.
Actually, he was a Templar on the other side of the Mainland, in Wreathwood. Pretty sure you're thinking Edinmire, Warrl.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#9 Post by MuonNeutrino »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 am
Warrl wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:34 pm We're unlikely to see Eric's brother again, and if we do see him it'll probably be a while.
Actually, he was a Templar on the other side of the Mainland, in Wreathwood. Pretty sure you're thinking Edinmire, Warrl.
Yes, and according to the billboard in strip 857, wreathwood was razed (presumably in a border skirmish). At the least Eric presumably doesn't have a house there to go back to, and depending on exactly what happened there's a good chance his brother is dead.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#10 Post by IHeartMaeve »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:56 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 am
Yes, and according to the billboard in strip 857, wreathwood was razed (presumably in a border skirmish). At the least Eric presumably doesn't have a house there to go back to, and depending on exactly what happened there's a good chance his brother is dead.
Oh. I stand corrected.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#11 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Well, I've got another to add to my list: the replicator-dresser in the "Instant Roomservice" page.

Anyone else wanna share a favorite moment?