Comic for April 5, 2017: Heavy Raine

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for April 5, 2017: Heavy Raine

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Heavy Raine
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

zy-fi
Citizen

Re: Comic for April 5, 2017: Heavy Raine

#2 Post by zy-fi »

Ah, I almost had it.

Scythe says wolves need less sleep than humans, but from what I know about dogs the opposite should be true. They sleep more and wake up more often.
Every day I'm shoopin'

AegisWolf
Traveler

#3 Post by AegisWolf »

Very cute.
:heart: :raine:

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

I think that may be the first time we've seen a genuine smile out of Maren. Not my biggest expectation out of the comic's visual timeline, so I'd say it's pretty admirable. Although, I'll just say this now, I know at least one person who can relate to a dream of theirs being rendered, how can I say, incapable of achievement due to their surname. Short story: my mother had a middle name planned for her first son that was somewhat weird-sounding when coupled with my father's last name. (I won't go into any further detail for internet privacy reasons.)

Overall, I'm a little disappointed that the 4/01 page was nothing but a filler, but hey, at least I got a screenshot for my friends! Tom, if at any point you end up reading this, I'll only say: keep up the good work!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

Maren's cold heart is starting to thaw out! Its good to see that from her. Too bad Raine had to pass out on her xD
What good is she gonna be keeping watch if she's pinned like that haha
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#6 Post by CrRAR »

Hey, the forum's all modernized 'n junk! Go forum team! Whooo!

Good stuff! I wonder what Raine's gonna be dreamin' about. Nothing too nightmarish or fluffy I hope. Hmmm. :roll:

Beautiful page, beautiful dusk, beautiful brushies even!

(It's funny because I've been playing through Windwaker HD and the sparkles here remind me of the sparkly effects in that game.)
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#7 Post by SirJahar »

Looks like Raine de-stressed a lot more than she realized she would from that.

Thecommander236

#8 Post by Thecommander236 »

Ahhh, that's so adorable. Also, God damn with the pun, but I like it. Poor Maren.
Art by my very good friend Arieann Pentagon.

Full Image

Deaththekat
Merchant

#9 Post by Deaththekat »

I know what ship Im on now
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#10 Post by NiWo21k »

I like that Maren is starting to open up a little bit and getting in some way "comfortable" around her groupe :)

But the one thing that peeked my cusiosity: The part "...with a name like Taverndatter..." is she speaking of because there is the word Tavern in her name or do we get here some glimpse from her past? It also looks like Tom is starting to give us a flashback with her (now that everyone is going to sleep) where she reflects, or he could be again going for more tears and lets them be attacked or switches back to our other groupe just after some short pages :wink:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11 Post by Schrodinger »

That pun made me audibly groan.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#12 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

NiWo21k wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 am But the one thing that peeked my cusiosity: The part "...with a name like Taverndatter..." is she speaking of because there is the word Tavern in her name or do we get here some glimpse from her past?
"datter" is Danish for "daughter", thus "Taverndatter" is "Taverndaughter". Maren has mentioned before that the tavern is her family's tavern, and I think it's very likely that their family have owned that tavern for generations, thus acquiring the surname "Taverndatter" (i.e. being "daughters/women who work at the tavern"). I understood Maren as meaning that working at the tavern is so much part of her family and her heritage, it's in her very name, so there's no question of its inevitability.

ZombieAstronaut
Traveler

#13 Post by ZombieAstronaut »

Ah, so cute.
Also, 1st april special removed?! Wouldn't it be better if it stays in archive like Christmas special pages?
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#14 Post by Loveknowsbest »

Ok. We with group A now. So where's Zen? What his status?

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#15 Post by NiWo21k »

AndreRhineDavis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:19 am "datter" is Danish for "daughter", thus "Taverndatter" is "Taverndaughter". Maren has mentioned before that the tavern is her family's tavern, and I think it's very likely that their family have owned that tavern for generations, thus acquiring the surname "Taverndatter" (i.e. being "daughters/women who work at the tavern"). I understood Maren as meaning that working at the tavern is so much part of her family and her heritage, it's in her very name, so there's no question of its inevitability.
I knew that part with the family tavern. I am more curious about the part if she, like you said, is just following her heritage, because of her name and she didnt want to dissapoint everyone around her or if something else is behind this.

I am thinking about this because of two things that happend or beeing said: One she smiles on this page because she could do something she loves doing and is even forgetting her "hate" for keidran here. And if we flash back some pages (Page 842 exact)) there was a part that Red said: Nah! That’s just how Maren is. Emotional one minute, distant the next. Don’t take it personally. She’s always been like that since Tan— er… Since… we were kids. At first i thought this could mean a breakup or something but in the meantime i am not so sure anymore. So im not so sure if this is more of something happening that pulled her even more into this role. Ok i am overthinking this again, sorry :oops:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin