Comic for April 5, 2017: Heavy Raine

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

Re: Comic for April 5, 2017: Heavy Raine

#16 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Real nice to see Maren smile for a change :)

Dat lower left panel though :wink:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#17 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I see that Maren is going to be 'weighted down' for awhile, not to mention she will have to clean Raine's drool off of her clothes. :mrgrin: By the way, is that a snot bubble coming out of Nibbly's nose? :P
Videre videnda.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#18 Post by Neutral Smith »

Looks like Mrs. Nibbly is catching a cold.

She is blowing nose-bubbles.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

HiseyLeSnake
Traveler

#19 Post by HiseyLeSnake »

ZombieAstronaut wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:22 am Ah, so cute.
Also, 1st april special removed?! Wouldn't it be better if it stays in archive like Christmas special pages?
im also a bit confused why he retconed the april fools joke. Ik he has had problems in the past with fans getting mad (because actually comic doesn't progress when he is working on jokes), but overall it seemed like the community was supportive this time of him having fun.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by Cyon »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:35 pm Heavy Raine
Sleepy floof! It's been a long day for them.
And Sythe has some highly-defined hi-def abs, I'm sure the lighting wasn't done on purpose :wink:
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#21 Post by MuonNeutrino »

HiseyLeSnake wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Also, 1st april special removed?! Wouldn't it be better if it stays in archive like Christmas special pages?
im also a bit confused why he retconed the april fools joke. Ik he has had problems in the past with fans getting mad (because actually comic doesn't progress when he is working on jokes), but overall it seemed like the community was supportive this time of him having fun.
Well, by definition the april fools strips aren't canon, so there's no 'retconning' them because they never were canon in the first place. As for adding them to the archive or not, I'm guessing that after the 2014 thing he's leaving them out of the archive to avoid confusion. The 2014 one at least was quite understandably removed after how crazily the whole thing blew up, but while he didn't do a 2015 april fools, the 2016 one (which was, like this year's, not particularly objected to by the community) was also not put into the archive. If the pattern holds he'll probably put this year's on his deviantart at some point.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Warrl »

HiseyLeSnake wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:57 pm
He only really had that problem one time, when the April Fools joke ran for several updates (which are not exactly frequent) and took the comic in a rather different direction, and during that period he explicitly denied it was an April Fools joke. Then revealed that it actually was.

A one-page April Fools joke, explicitly labeled as such at the end... no problem. Even in the archive.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by BadJoke »

There may be no action or anything special but seeing characters we like take a deserved break always feels heart-warming (at least for me). And those two really deserved it.

(And it seems Tom really likes playing with ships. Will have to call him "captain".)
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#24 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

BadJoke wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:42 pm(And it seems Tom really likes playing with ships. Will have to call him "captain".)
Now there's an idea for a fanart....
Well, not by me, that is ^^
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#25 Post by IHeartMaeve »

BadJoke wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:42 pm(And it seems Tom really likes playing with ships. Will have to call him "captain".)
BadJoke, I'll just ask this now: is that why your screen name is what it is? Because you like telling bad jokes?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by BadJoke »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:51 pm
BadJoke, I'll just ask this now: is that why your screen name is what it is? Because you like telling bad jokes?
Yes.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#27 Post by RowanEx »

Insert shenanigans of Maren trying to push off a sleeping wolf.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#28 Post by NiWo21k »

RowanEx wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:53 am Insert shenanigans of Maren trying to push off a sleeping wolf.
I am not so sure, i envision that she struggles at first a little bit longer and then starts liking having Raines head on her lap.
This could get to be a good therapie session for both....
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Shar
Citizen

#29 Post by Shar »

I think the real question is weather Rain will ever change back...

I mean, shes never fully been able to turn human at all without magic. I'm starting to wonder if she will just end up going through life as this.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Warrl »

Well, as soon as they feel comfortable with taking that magic-suppressing bracelet off of Zen, Raine can put it on. It's what has kept her in human form in the past ... to the point that she spontaneously changed to keidran when it was opened, and changed back when it was closed - on a table a few feet from her.

(It doesn't work the same way on her NOW because after it was damaged and she repaired the rune, it was applied to Zen. Not her.)