Comic for April 5, 2017: Heavy Raine

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Comic for April 5, 2017: Heavy Raine

#46 Post by NiWo21k »

Shar wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:43 am I'm not sure she has a "Normal" form... That's the thing we just don't know. She never had to deal with this before but the fact that changing back seems beyond her doing seems to suggest that her "true" form is this. But the flip of that is that the Shackle suppresses magic. So that seems to indicate that what we are seeing now is magically induced meaning that her true form is human.... That could be justified if we believe that it really suppresses it as opposed to canceling it out. It could mean that what we are seeing right now is just the built up transformation magic of all her years suddenly forcing its way out which is why nothing she seems able to do stops it even though she should theoretically be able to.
It all makes sense what everyone speculates.

There are just some points i am still not so sure at. I think my problem is, that everything we know is just what we are told from the position of Raine. If i recall she told a story about her birth and how she was born as a human an then had a keidran form. After that she got the amulet wich she damaged and transformed (in her eyes) the first time. The shackle she had was enchanted later after they were under arrest so at this time she had to be in her keidran form for some time. Also something that irritates me a little: When she first was happy since some time after her shackle broke she turned into her hybrid form wich we havent seen for some time, i never had the feeling she stood under much stress since then and if this makes her controll her magic more why didnt she turn when Maren put her into her now very relaxed state (ok, this could still happen, that she transforms in one of the next pages).
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Shar
Citizen

#47 Post by Shar »

NiWo21k wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:45 am
Shar wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:43 am I'm not sure she has a "Normal" form... That's the thing we just don't know. She never had to deal with this before but the fact that changing back seems beyond her doing seems to suggest that her "true" form is this. But the flip of that is that the Shackle suppresses magic. So that seems to indicate that what we are seeing now is magically induced meaning that her true form is human.... That could be justified if we believe that it really suppresses it as opposed to canceling it out. It could mean that what we are seeing right now is just the built up transformation magic of all her years suddenly forcing its way out which is why nothing she seems able to do stops it even though she should theoretically be able to.
It all makes sense what everyone speculates.

There are just some points i am still not so sure at. I think my problem is, that everything we know is just what we are told from the position of Raine. If i recall she told a story about her birth and how she was born as a human an then had a keidran form. After that she got the amulet wich she damaged and transformed (in her eyes) the first time. The shackle she had was enchanted later after they were under arrest so at this time she had to be in her keidran form for some time. Also something that irritates me a little: When she first was happy since some time after her shackle broke she turned into her hybrid form wich we havent seen for some time, i never had the feeling she stood under much stress since then and if this makes her controll her magic more why didnt she turn when Maren put her into her now very relaxed state (ok, this could still happen, that she transforms in one of the next pages).
Thats actually an amazing point... If its really related to her emotions than why hasnt she turned back? she has been stress free several times but never changed. What was different that one time? what are we missing?

Also on an unrelated topic :sythe: x :maren:

Its like Trace and Flora! But Backwards!

Cpt.Obvious
Apprentice

#48 Post by Cpt.Obvious »

NiWo21k wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:45 amIt all makes sense what everyone speculates.

Actually Raine doesn't know what form she had when born. All she know is that either she was born in Keidran form or she shifted to it almost immediately. And she only knows this as she's been told the midwife was so shocked that she fainted. Nothing was said if it was the shock of seeing a Keidran child being born from a human mother, or if it was the shock of seeing a human baby transforming into a Keidran wolf pup that caused her to faint.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#49 Post by NiWo21k »

Ah, i had this page in mind but in a wrong way - sorry. I thought she said she was born human
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin