Meaningful Lines in the World of Twokinds

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Meaningful Lines in the World of Twokinds

#1 Post by IHeartMaeve »

'Sup, y'all? IHeartMaeve here with a little "open response" type of survey. First of all, I'd like to make a shoutout to Yash for helping me figure out where to put this discussion. Thanks for the advice, Yash!

Here's the question: How many quotes from the comic stick out to you as the kind of thing that one could take as a life lesson? Please list them below.

I'll start us off, just to give everyone an idea what I'm looking for here (the format I'm using is preferred, but not required).
...Strength and femininity do not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive.
-King Adelaide, Page 605
Your turn! And remember, there are only two rules here:
  1. As long as it fits within the 60,000-character limit, you can post as many quotes as you want! And posting more than once is perfectly acceptable; in fact, it's even encouraged! The more, the merrier, right?
  2. If you have an idea and someone beats you to it, don't hesitate to list it anyway. It just means you both agree that it's truly meaningful.
What's everyone waiting for? Let's get philosophical!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Meaningful Lines in the World of Twokinds

#2 Post by amenon »

I guess its direct applicability as a life lesson is pretty questionable, but the line that has always struck me as the most powerful one in Twokinds is
Keith Keiser wrote: The law is not a religious doctrine!
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3 Post by Ddraig »

Page 70 wrote:In the name of meaningless battle!
This has been a regularly scheduled test of a 'thread not taken seriously' response. This is only a test.
Optimism wrote:I'm being arrested by the Princess! This is the best... day... ev...
Maeve/Flora wrote:"Sometimes people say I sound human, too."
"Well... there's nothing wrong with that. Don't let anyone tell you different."
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Here's another one I found while randomly clicking on Archived pages.
I must do what I know is right. Even if it means fighting the ones I'm trying to save.
-Keith Keiser, Page 487
While I'm at it, I'll take a moment to give my interpretations of how the quotes I've been given between now and the opening post for this topic can possibly be considered as having "life lesson potential."
amenon wrote:
Keith Keiser wrote: The law is not a religious doctrine!
That could be given as a metaphor for the fact that just because something is required by law doesn't mean it's acceptable according to the common guidelines for most known religious beliefs.
Ddraig wrote:
Page 70 wrote:In the name of meaningless battle!
I don't really get that one, but then again, provided I read that under-note correctly, it was a test, so I'll allow it.
Spoiler!
Ddraig wrote:
Optimism wrote:I'm being arrested by the Princess! This is the best... day... ev...
Ddraig wrote:
Maeve/Flora wrote:"Sometimes people say I sound human, too."
"Well... there's nothing wrong with that. Don't let anyone tell you different."
First of all, thanks for providing the context ahead of time. If I'm correct, this was intended to be an example of a moment where readers can learn to not let other people's opinions have any effect on their view of themselves.

Well, if anyone has any other ideas, please remember to pin them up here!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#5 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Here's a trio of quotes, just to keep us going for a while... until someone decides to mark yet another one as worthy of being listed here, at least.
Then again, it's your name. If you wanted to spell it that way, it's fine.
-Raine Silverlock, Page 829
(If you don't get it, it could be an example of a "Yes, it's a mistake, but then again, it makes you your own being, so just ignore the mistake fact" scenario.)
You're one of us. We won't think less of you just 'cause you've got some fur and a tail now."
-"Red", Page 844
(He's basically saying "Just because you look different on the outside, doesn't mean that we'll end up acting like you're a completely different person on the inside.")
Being scared and angry is no excuse to start lashing out at other people! Especially friends!
-Flora, Page 849
(Pretty self-explanatory. I won't bother explaining this one.)

Before I end here, I've got some re-clarification to get to.
Ddraig wrote:
Turns out, according to this one's poster, there really wasn't that much meaning to it. But I'll keep it anyway.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#6 Post by IHeartMaeve »

So... This topic is suddenly starting to die down in terms of activity. I'll put a few more quotes up to keep it alive.
The (wolves) living here didn't declare war on anyone! It's not right!
-Flora, Page 871
That could symbolize the fact that appearance and ethnicity being similar to that of an enemy is no excuse to imprison everyone related to an enemy group (World War II Japanese Relocation Act, anyone?).
What good am I, if all I do is pretend I'm not here while they're killing in my name?
-Trace, Page 918
Obviously, he realizes at this point that being a "silent" bystander is never an acceptable option in the world of crime, bullying, et cetera.
The way you see yourself... it all comes from you.
-Young Natani, Page 932
Translation: "Just because you know someone with a significant influence on you, doesn't mean you should put no effort into shaping yourself.

Anyone else got something?

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#7 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Another quote to compensate for low activity!
You are who you are. You can't change that. We're both covered in fur. We look different than humans. But inside, we're still people.
-Keith, Page 160
An obvious alternate way of saying "If you're regretting who you are and how you're different, then don't. You need to be happy with who you are, and so should anyone you choose to be with."

ToastWithJam
New Citizen

#8 Post by ToastWithJam »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 10:59 pm Another quote to compensate for low activity!
You are who you are. You can't change that. We're both covered in fur. We look different than humans. But inside, we're still people.
-Keith, Page 160
An obvious alternate way of saying "If you're regretting who you are and how you're different, then don't. You need to be happy with who you are, and so should anyone you choose to be with."
You know if a thread is on the main page for over a month with no activity it generally means people have moved on.

Just let it die gracefully. If people comment then they comment. If they don't, they don't. No need to artificially inflate it.