The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for March 28, 2017

#16 Post by Dadrobit »

BadFoMo wrote:
Spoiler!
Not to be the spoil sport/the annoying one who keeps yapping about the same thing, but am I the only person who is simultaneously looking forward to and dreading this year's joke comic if it does happen? I'm fairly certain it will happen since Tom sort of broke his promise of never doing another April Fool’s Day comic last year.

Anyway, I'm not sure that the joke will be Mrs. Nibbly being revealed to be a baby Dragon due to everyone anticipating that. If it is however, I feel it would be… I believe the term is ‘Meh’, similar to how I felt about last year's joke comic; only instead of ‘been there, done that’ it would be ‘saw it coming’.

A mild warning/word of advice to Tom.
If it is going to be ‘Mrs. Nibbly is a Dragon’, make sure to keep this page (the one that is up right now [20170328]) in canon. I'm not sure, but I feel it is an unwritten rule that all April Fool’s Day pranks are to begin and end on that day only and not extend to any other days. Although if this page was leading up to/was a part of the joke, it would not be as bad as 2014's saga (which you uploaded to DeviantArt so it wouldn't be cluttering up the archives, and to remind yourself why you shouldn't do that again), but I still feel like I would be quoting Linkara from Atop the Fourth Wall when he reached the end of Amazons Attack.
Pro April Fool's Day rebuttal.
Spoiler!
Personally, I've never agreed with Tom's decision to never do April Fool's Day comics after the Alaric fiasco.

First, they're a tradition for Tom that dates back nearly to the inception of the comic, and quite frankly, it should have been expected. (I will accede that him coming out mid comic to outright say it was legit might have been a touch off, but still, it's really not the felony you make it out to be.)

Second, TwoKinds is Tom's baby, and if he wants to have a bit of completely harmless fun with it on the main stage during the time of the year that is designated as a time for silliness, then more power to him.

The problem here that I see is that people who claim to enjoy TK attacked its author so fiercely over a harmless 'what-if' fun comic week that Tom was beaten to the point of no longer wanting to have the kind of fun he'd been putting out for his baby since 2005.

That's the real crime here.

Raydis
Citizen

#17 Post by Raydis »

Always had the crack theory that Nibbly was the 3rd demigod/mask just passively observing the world from the last thing people would suspect it to use as a host. That being said, they're not known to really have emotion if recall correctly so Baby dragon might be more fitting, maybe one day we'll see. Either way, the one thing we do know is that (possibly not) squirrel is determined to stay by Sythe's side wherever he goes, and is it downright adorable to see them interact.
"I used to feel like a man in a woman's body...then my mother gave birth to me."

Deaththekat
Merchant

#18 Post by Deaththekat »

I WAS RIGHT

i hope...

Nibbly dragon FTW
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

xamali
Grand Templar

#19 Post by xamali »

Hahaaha, nice page. And it's just funny to read a page and be immediately reminded about a discussion we've had here in the forums. Just makes it look like Tom was reading that discussion and thinking ''Hm, [censored], that's true... I could do something about that in a page. Yeah, gonna do that."
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by Cyon »

Here I am late as usual (bloody timezones :/)

Nibbly's smile in the fourth panel is the absolute cutest I've ever seen her!!!!!!!!! |D |D |D |D

I'm hoping that she does suddenly shapeshift one day, no matter if it might seem "cliché" now that the possibility of it has been mentionned.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#21 Post by Elemental Templar »

:maren: "Euck! Whatever it is, just keep it away from me."

Who wants to bet the next time we see Nibs, she'll be sleeping on Karen's face like a kitten?
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by BadJoke »

If even the characters start making theories about their own story...

Maren: Ew! Karen, put that thing down! You don’t know where it’s been!

Well, it's been in Sythe's mouth.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#23 Post by NiWo21k »

CrRAR wrote:The more interesting question this begs is, when and what did a squirrel (or squirrels) ever do to Maren to make her hate them so much? Aren't squirrels universally loved creatures!?
Maybe they never let her groom their fur and always jumped around her :wink:
CrRAR wrote: Now I'm just imagining a reality where Maren was on a never-ending defensive against a squirrelly onslaught at her inn. :squirrel:
The Taverndatter sisters in - "Squirrel Attack on the Inn"
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#24 Post by CrRAR »

NiWo21k wrote:
CrRAR wrote: Now I'm just imagining a reality where Maren was on a never-ending defensive against a squirrelly onslaught at her inn. :squirrel:
The Taverndatter sisters in - "Squirrel Attack on the Inn"
Sounds like a solid tower-defense game if I ever heard of one. It could be the next Plants vs Zombies sensation!!

Coming soon to iOS and Android devices near you!
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#25 Post by SirJahar »

Dadrobit wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
Spoiler!
Not to be the spoil sport/the annoying one who keeps yapping about the same thing, but am I the only person who is simultaneously looking forward to and dreading this year's joke comic if it does happen? I'm fairly certain it will happen since Tom sort of broke his promise of never doing another April Fool’s Day comic last year.

Anyway, I'm not sure that the joke will be Mrs. Nibbly being revealed to be a baby Dragon due to everyone anticipating that. If it is however, I feel it would be… I believe the term is ‘Meh’, similar to how I felt about last year's joke comic; only instead of ‘been there, done that’ it would be ‘saw it coming’.

If it is going to be ‘Mrs. Nibbly is a Dragon’, make sure to keep this page (the one that is up right now [20170328]) in canon. I'm not sure, but I feel it is an unwritten rule that all April Fool’s Day pranks are to begin and end on that day only and not extend to any other days. Although if this page was leading up to/was a part of the joke, it would not be as bad as 2014's saga (which you uploaded to DeviantArt so it wouldn't be cluttering up the archives, and to remind yourself why you shouldn't do that again), but I still feel like I would be quoting Linkara from Atop the Fourth Wall when he reached the end of Amazons Attack.
Spoiler!
Personally, I've never agreed with Tom's decision to never do April Fool's Day comics after the Alaric fiasco.

First, they're a tradition for Tom that dates back nearly to the inception of the comic, and quite frankly, it should have been expected. (I will accede that him coming out mid comic to outright say it was legit might have been a touch off, but still, it's really not the felony you make it out to be.)

Second, TwoKinds is Tom's baby, and if he wants to have a bit of completely harmless fun with it on the main stage during the time of the year that is designated as a time for silliness, then more power to him.

The problem here that I see is that people who claim to enjoy TK attacked its author so fiercely over a harmless 'what-if' fun comic week that Tom was beaten to the point of no longer wanting to have the kind of fun he'd been putting out for his baby since 2005.

I jave to agree at least to some extent. Over the years Tom has been chased away from a lot of the fun that he had with the comic, wheather it be canonical fan service or the April fools jokes, things have never been the same, and not for the better, after.

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#26 Post by NiWo21k »

CrRAR wrote: Sounds like a solid tower-defense game if I ever heard of one. It could be the next Plants vs Zombies sensation!!

Coming soon to iOS and Android devices near you!
And dont forget the sequel "Marens Revenge - Squirrels on the run" - i will stop now :oops:
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#27 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Yes...surely some sort of 'Secret Squirrel' mission if I ever saw one. :P

But seriously, a kyoooooooot page. :squirrel: Maren will be Maren. :maren:
Videre videnda.

Meribah
Citizen

#28 Post by Meribah »

Elemental Templar wrote::maren: "Euck! Whatever it is, just keep it away from me."

Who wants to bet the next time we see Nibs, she'll be sleeping on Karen's face like a kitten?
Okay, I totally want to see that happen now. lol

More Nibbly goodness? Yes, please! :grin:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#29 Post by BadFoMo »

Dadrobit wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Would it help my argument if I stated that before he uploaded those pages he was having trouble trying to stay on schedule with the normal comic, yet he somehow found the time and energy for that prank?
Dadrobit wrote:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
I'm not saying that he shouldn't have any fun, I'm just saying that it must remain in its proper time frame.

I'm not sure if I can speak for others, but the reason I was upset with it was…

During: …because it came so far out of nowhere and (even though we are talking about a comic with magic happening all over the place/things that we have not seen or have explained to us yet) didn't seem to fit with the rest of the comic. Although not as bad as when Fox Fire Chronicles took the main protagonist from an already established setting on Earth (as well as conveniently write out his companions without killing them so the story could focus more around him) and placed him into a fantasy world which needed to be explained every so often, I felt like my favorite comic was going to be driven into the ground and now have all sorts of goofy/random things popping up everywhere and/or prematurely ended.

After: …because once I finally came to terms with the idea, finally started thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so bad and that it could fit in with the rest of the comic, it was all revealed to be an elaborate prank. A prank which I felt wasted a couple good updates worth of pages, and claiming that it was real in the news section should have had ‘bad idea’ written all over it.
SirJahar wrote:I have to agree at least to some extent. Over the years Tom has been chased away from a lot of the fun that he had with the comic, whether it be canonical fan service or the April fools jokes, things have never been the same, and not for the better, after.
I'm sorry, but what other ideas were those? The only one that comes to mind is the one being talked about right now.

Also, let it be stated for the record, I was not complaining about Tom's April Fool’s Day specials until that incident; although while I wasn't for him never making another one, I wasn't against it either.

Edit
...And maybe the idea that Natani was to be executed by Keith before leaving the Basitin Islands.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#30 Post by IHeartMaeve »

So... In an attempt to realign the discussion with the original topic, I'd like to list my favorite parts of the new page.
  1. Mrs. Nibbly's panicked squeak at Karen's "I could just eat her up!" remark.
  2. Raine having gotten so relaxed from Maren's brushing that she had fell asleep at some point while we were taking a moment to check on Group A.
  3. Mrs. Nibbly's face as she was casually treading water in Panel 5.
  4. Sythe getting nose-booped for at least the second time since Mrs. Nibbly's first appearance.
  5. Maren's disgusted look in the last panel, which can be near-perfectly recreated by the 12th emoji on the side-menu here (to be more visual, this one: S:P )
Anyone have something to add, or is this a pretty thorough listing?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."