Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Comic for March 28, 2017

#1 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Sketch version

Alt-text: Squirrely Suspicions

Also, on an amusing side note, when Tom was first typing out the dialogue on-stream, in Raine's lines in the fourth panel he originally typed "explore the wolf" before quickly erasing and replacing it with "world". Simple accident, intentional joke, or Freudian slip? You decide! :grin:

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for March 28, 2017

#2 Post by FrogSteaks »

OhmygoodnessNibsandSytheboopingsnootsissocuuuuute!!! |D *makes very manly noises*

Ahem... Sorry

Mrs. Nibbly, the tiniest, furriest, friendliest dragon in all of Mekkan.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Hayate
The Hidden User

#3 Post by Hayate »

OMG this is so cute! :squirrel: Nibbly is the best! Its interesting to see the characters starting to question her origins though. Also really interesting to hear that bit about baby dragons. I wonder if that is Nibbly's true identity...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Dadrobit »

Huh, odd forum discussion references in lieu of an April Fool's day comic?

I'll allow it. :mrgrin:

(Here's hoping he still puts up an April Fool's follow-up to this where Nibs really does transform!)

**EDIT**

It's interesting to note that Maren is asking Raine for her validation here. Perhaps she's showing just how far she's come to trust, or at least accept Raine even though she is currently keidran.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

Taking notes from the forums again, eh Tom?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by SpottedKitty »

I just noticed — Raine's so relaxed and blissed-out by Maren's grooming, she's dozed off!

Can't help wondering what Zen's making of these shenanigans; now that he thinks he knows Natani's all right, maybe he's paying more attention to them now?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

NiWo21k
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#7 Post by NiWo21k »

So Tom wants to troll us - :squirrel: is everything and nothing at the same time :wink:
I like how Raine got used to Marens attention and how relaxed she is.

Something i like is that Tom decided some time ago to hide Karens normal ears under her hair and we only see her Keidran ears.
Just an average internet user and :natani: & :raine: fan

My head is full of ideas, but i cant get them on paper - Please brain start thinking about important stuff.

Avatar: a reinterpretation of my own character by Claarin

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#8 Post by SirJahar »

Ok, Tom's been reading the forums again.
Now to wait for another Group B April Fools?

I do think its adorable that Raine dozed off while getting groomed.
Zen, take notes. You might find your roguish way into the hybrid girl's heart yet.

amenon
Grand Templar

#9 Post by amenon »

So who wants to request Nibbly wearing a lampshade? :P

Joining the chorus of people happy to see Raine blissed out :heart:

Language squibble: "I think we'd notice by now if it was." -> "I think we'd have noticed by now if it was."
Dadrobit wrote:Huh, odd forum discussion references in lieu of an April Fool's day comic?
Oh bloody hell, you're right. He's even setting himself up to update on the 1st...
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#10 Post by CrRAR »

At least Sythe will be on the right side of history if this pans out. Despite what Maren says, having a squirrel buddy is pretty legit, even better if it turns out you have a dragon as an ally. :twisted:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Hayate
The Hidden User

#11 Post by Hayate »

Oh no! I hadn't even thought of April Fools... I wonder if Tom is setting us up xD
I totally would have fallen for it, or still might/am falling for it...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

ZombieAstronaut
Traveler

#12 Post by ZombieAstronaut »

Whoa, :squirrel: could have a deep backstory, I bet she will somehow play it's key role in the plot soon.
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#13 Post by BadFoMo »

Spoiler!
Not to be the spoil sport/the annoying one who keeps yapping about the same thing, but am I the only person who is simultaneously looking forward to and dreading this year's joke comic if it does happen? I'm fairly certain it will happen since Tom sort of broke his promise of never doing another April Fool’s Day comic last year.

Anyway, I'm not sure that the joke will be Mrs. Nibbly being revealed to be a baby Dragon due to everyone anticipating that. If it is however, I feel it would be… I believe the term is ‘Meh’, similar to how I felt about last year's joke comic; only instead of ‘been there, done that’ it would be ‘saw it coming’.

A mild warning/word of advice to Tom.
If it is going to be ‘Mrs. Nibbly is a Dragon’, make sure to keep this page (the one that is up right now [20170328]) in canon. I'm not sure, but I feel it is an unwritten rule that all April Fool’s Day pranks are to begin and end on that day only and not extend to any other days. Although if this page was leading up to/was a part of the joke, it would not be as bad as 2014's saga (which you uploaded to DeviantArt so it wouldn't be cluttering up the archives, and to remind yourself why you shouldn't do that again), but I still feel like I would be quoting Linkara from Atop the Fourth Wall when he reached the end of Amazons Attack.
Now, with that out of my system, did this get updated before I got here? I was busy with w0lfmare and Infinitedge's streams after Tom's ended.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#14 Post by Cosmacelf »

While I love the artwork, I love the story even more. And Tom's storytelling has been getting better with each passing year. So, while April fool's panels are cute, I personally would much prefer a regular cannon storyline next time...

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#15 Post by CrRAR »

ZombieAstronaut wrote:Whoa, :squirrel: could have a deep backstory, I bet she will somehow play it's key role in the plot soon.
The more interesting question this begs is, when and what did a squirrel (or squirrels) ever do to Maren to make her hate them so much? Aren't squirrels universally loved creatures!?

Maybe they were repeat freeloaders at her tavern? Too many broom-swinging incidents required involving them, hmm Maren?

Now I'm just imagining a reality where Maren was on a never-ending defensive against a squirrelly onslaught at her inn. :squirrel:

:squirrel: :squirrel:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!